PDA

View Full Version : The Why is This Guy Still on the Roster Thread?

reds44
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
1. Chad Moeller
.167/.167/.250

2. Kirk Saarloos
7.89 ERA

3. Ricky Stone
10.13 ERA

4. Todd Coffey
5.50 ERA

5. Mike Stanton
5.35 ERA

I could even include Matt Belisle, but I actually think he has talent. The best part? That's 20% of you're roster.

redsupport
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
because the team is an avject farce, a montage of never were's has beens and other dysfunctional losers culled from the dregs by krivsky

Redus
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Hopefully 3 out of 5 wont be tomorrow. Im thinking Stone,Coffey,Saarloos all go down to Louisville. Harang's return,and Bray And Majewski should be backup. Now Hamilton could be back also and that would rid them of Moeller. Which leaves Stanton.....well 4/5 aint bad.

uoduck1017
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Hopefully we will see an infusion of youth once the trade deadline hits because I agree with you that there are a lot of wasted roster spots.

reds44
07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Hopefully 3 out of 5 wont be tomorrow. Im thinking Stone,Coffey,Saarloos all go down to Louisville. Harang's return,and Bray And Majewski should be backup. Now Hamilton could be back also and that would rid them of Moeller. Which leaves Stanton.....well 4/5 aint bad.
Majewski?

He would go on this list right away.

StrikeIndicator
07-22-2007, 09:28 PM
1. Chad Moeller
.167/.167/.250

2. Kirk Saarloos
7.89 ERA

3. Ricky Stone
10.13 ERA

4. Todd Coffey
5.50 ERA

5. Mike Stanton
5.35 ERA

I could even include Matt Belisle, but I actually think he has talent. The best part? That's 20% of you're roster.

I would have to keep Chad, much to my dismay about his numbers. He does a much better job with the PenPals. Mostly this is because he is not afraid to call for inside and tight fastballs and splitters.

Ross just cannot set up inside, he is forever wanting that leverage of the outside pitch so that he has a quicker move to second. But what usually happens is he is not taking the pitch and throwing the runner out, rather he is watching the ball to see how many rows up it goes in the stands.

keeganbrick
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Saarloos was actually pitching decent this month until today, even though it was a small sample size. I dont think he is that bad out of the pen as a guy that can come in with runners on base to try and get a double play ball. I would like to see a spot for McBeth and Bray in this bullpen though.

reds44
07-22-2007, 09:44 PM
]Saarloos was actually pitching decent this month until today[/B], even though it was a small sample size. I dont think he is that bad out of the pen as a guy that can come in with runners on base to try and get a double play ball. I would like to see a spot for McBeth and Bray in this bullpen though.
He's given up 7 runs the last 2 days.

His July ERA is 10.80

Bray, Salmon, and McBeth up
Coffey, Saarloos, Stone down.

keeganbrick
07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
and 1 run in 6 innings before this series. If all 3 of the guys comes up you mentioned I wouldnt care if he goes down though.

reds44
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
and 1 run in 6 innings before this series. If all 3 of the guys comes up you mentioned I wouldnt care if he goes down though.
That's 6 innings.

jnwohio
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Hamilton is elgible to come off DL Monday (7/22); but, when he was examined last Monday they said he would be examined again in 10 days. So he is not coming back before then (25 or 26 July) at the earliest.

Actually, I believe Krivsky or MacKanin went so far as to say Hamilton would likely require a short rehab stint. I don't look for him back with the Reds much before Aug 10, if then. And there seems to be some under current with the talking and writing heads that this might even be something more, perhaps surgery in the cards????

tbball10
07-22-2007, 11:08 PM
i'd like to see a pen of:
1- weathers
2- coutlangus
3- burton
4- gosling
5- mcbeth
6- bray
7- majewski or salmon

Chris Sabowned
07-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Please Salmon over Majewski. If I never see Majewski back on the Reds that'll be fine.

AmarilloRed
07-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Stanton actually had been doing well until recently. However, he could go down when Bray and Majewski are healthy again. I am probably one of the extremely small group of RedZoners who still believes a healthy Majewski will help the Reds.

JLB5
07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Stanton actually had been doing well until recently. However, he could go down when Bray and Majewski are healthy again. I am probably one of the extremely small group of RedZoners who still believes a healthy Majewski will help the Reds.

Stanton can't go down, the Reds would have to trade or release him. Because he is signed through next year, I don't see a DFA in his future. Teams in contention can always use a lefty, so I'd hold onto him long enough to find someone who will take his salary off the books.

Majewski can hopefully get things back together. I thought he was rushed back a bit with his earlier call up this year. He hadn't even thrown back-to-back outings even once at that point. Hopefully he's got the strength back in that shoulder. I seriously doubt he could be worse than Coffey or Saarloos. Coffey is another guy I would like to see traded. Maybe he can get his head together someplace else.

Orenda
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Majewski can hopefully get things back together. I thought he was rushed back a bit with his earlier call up this year. He hadn't even thrown back-to-back outings even once at that point. Hopefully he's got the strength back in that shoulder. I seriously doubt he could be worse than Coffey or Saarloos. Coffey is another guy I would like to see traded. Maybe he can get his head together someplace else.

Another Narron philosophy, let Majewski come in and tight spots and blow games after coming back from injury instead of using the unproven Salmon and Burton. Im glad Majewski is not here, he showed no confidence, poise, passion, or hunger when he was up. If I were the gm I would wait till Sept. to call him up if I saw all those things.

Muggerd
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
1. Chad Moeller
.167/.167/.250

2. Kirk Saarloos
7.89 ERA

3. Ricky Stone
10.13 ERA

4. Todd Coffey
5.50 ERA

5. Mike Stanton
5.35 ERA

No idea why Moeller is on the roster, same with saarlooooooooooooos and stone. Coffey on the other hand is imo is having a horrible year. His fat ass needs to stop running to the mound.

Stanton is almost getting his **** together but its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for him it seems :o

AmarilloRed
07-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Another Narron philosophy, let Majewski come in and tight spots and blow games after coming back from injury instead of using the unproven Salmon and Burton. Im glad Majewski is not here, he showed no confidence, poise, passion, or hunger when he was up. If I were the gm I would wait till Sept. to call him up if I saw all those things.

Majewski was used when he was still injured. I think if he is healthy he could help the club.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I think Stanton has pitched really well besides as of late, and saying that, that run that scored on him last night on that broken bat single was just luck for Prince Fielder. I don't remember the last time a bat was completely broken in half and the ball made it out of the infield.

TC81190
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
No idea why Moeller is on the roster, same with saarlooooooooooooos and stone. Coffey on the other hand is imo is having a horrible year. His fat ass needs to stop running to the mound.

Stanton is almost getting his **** together but its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for him it seems :o

Classy. Hope his brother who comes here sees this post. :rolleyes:

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Classy. Hope his brother who comes here sees this post. :rolleyes:

Classy? You mean you think its fine for him to sprint to the mound when the 1st batter he faces hits him at a ridiculous rate? Its not my fault coffey is fat and cant get anyone out.

Triples
07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
And you're skinny and are a major league pitcher with a sub 2 era??? Unless that is the case, I'm not sure why you would have to speak that way about anyone who is a major league player and undoubtably has accomplished more in his baseball career than you have in yours. By the way there have been a number of pretty sucessful pitchers over the years with body types like Coffey's. His success or lack thereof I wager a guess has very little to do with this size of his butt.
And, I wonder....would you talk that way about him to his face?

Classy? You mean you think its fine for him to sprint to the mound when the 1st batter he faces hits him at a ridiculous rate? Its not my fault coffey is fat and cant get anyone out.

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 05:31 PM
And you're skinny and are a major league pitcher with a sub 2 era??? Unless that is the case, I'm not sure why you would have to speak that way about anyone who is a major league player and undoubtably has accomplished more in his baseball career than you have in yours. By the way there have been a number of pretty sucessful pitchers over the years with body types like Coffey's. His success or lack thereof I wager a guess has very little to do with this size of his butt.
And, I wonder....would you talk that way about him to his face?

If he was fat and running out to the mound pitching well id be perfectly fine with it. Until he pitches well hes absolutely deserves to get called out.

There has been some successful pitchers that are fat and are good but do they sprint around the field? Do you not think him being tired has something to with how hes pitching horribly against the 1st batter he faces? Im sorry if i hurt your feelings by bringing up his rate and sprinting to the mound but something is wrong with him when he faces his 1st batter so id start with not sprinting out to the mound.

Screwball
07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Until he pitches well hes absolutely deserves to get called out.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but calling him out and calling him names are 2 different things completely. You did the latter.

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but calling him out and calling him names are 2 different things completely. You did the latter.

I called him a fat ass. He is a fat ass. No names just stating the obvious. Would me calling Jim Abbott a one armed guy be name calling?

Coffey sucks and if you ask me giving up a bunch of hits to the 1st batter he faces isnt a good thing. Id be willing to bet that sprinting to the mound hurts him more than its helps his performance against the batter also. Id say the same thing if it was a skinny guy sprinting to the mound and was getting rocked by the 1st batter night after night.

Kradokk
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
"Muggerd: Proving why the caste system on this site exists since 2007".

:rolleyes:

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
"Muggerd: Proving why the caste system on this site exists since 2007".

:rolleyes:

You really got to be kidding :beerme:

AmarilloRed
07-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I believe Saarlos will not be long for the roster after his blown save tonight.

jmac
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Sarloos I think could help do to the fact he could be a long man.
Coffey, he gets hit way tooo much and to me either trade him or let him go rest of season in louisville.Nothing against him personally but I am beginning to think last season was a fluke and the Coffey of a couple of years ago that gave up 80+ hits in 50+ ip is the real Coffey.

keeganbrick
07-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I called him a fat ass. He is a fat ass. No names just stating the obvious. Would me calling Jim Abbott a one armed guy be name calling?

Coffey sucks and if you ask me giving up a bunch of hits to the 1st batter he faces isnt a good thing. Id be willing to bet that sprinting to the mound hurts him more than its helps his performance against the batter also. Id say the same thing if it was a skinny guy sprinting to the mound and was getting rocked by the 1st batter night after night.
Say what? He is too skinny so he needs to hit the weight room and build endurance too, becuase the run to the mound is wearing on him:rolleyes:

AmarilloRed
07-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Todd Coffey is not the same player he was last year. However, I suspect a lot of his problems this year are more mental than physical. He should spend the rest of the year at Louisville and work to get himself ready for spring training this year. Let's try and honestly evaluate each player.

Orenda
07-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Majewski was used when he was still injured. I think if he is healthy he could help the club.

He is still hurt? Then why was he back up here pitching? He hasn't earned a spot on this team.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Say what? He is too skinny so he needs to hit the weight room and build endurance too, becuase the run to the mound is wearing on him:rolleyes:

No, if a skinny dude ran to the mound and then has the same problems against the 1st batter he faced id probably tell him to stop sprinting to the mound also. I dont know why coffey is having so much trouble throwing but why not try some things instead of just continuing to do the same things over and over.

I dont know if its the problem but hell its a shot. Hes not a track athlete hes a overweight pitcher i just dont feel like he should be sprinting to the mound before he pitches especially if hes having the troubles hes having.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Todd Coffey is not the same player he was last year. However, I suspect a lot of his problems this year are more mental than physical. He should spend the rest of the year at Louisville and work to get himself ready for spring training this year. Let's try and honestly evaluate each player.

We can honestly evaluate all you want. Once he stops sprinting to the mound. If Coffey was pitching well then he can sprint anywhere he wants but hes not throwing good pitches.

Screwball
07-27-2007, 02:58 PM
We can honestly evaluate all you want. Once he stops sprinting to the mound. If Coffey was pitching well then he can sprint anywhere he wants but hes not throwing good pitches.

Dude, give it a rest already. Coffey's also pitched poorly when he hasn't sprinted to the mound recently. His problems lie between his ears, not in how fast he runs out the mound before he pitches.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Dude, give it a rest already. Coffey's also pitched poorly when he hasn't sprinted to the mound recently. His problems lie between his ears, not in how fast he runs out the mound before he pitches.

Ive seen him not sprint to the mount once this year.

Screwball
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Ive seen him not sprint to the mount once this year.

Then you obviously don't watch all the games.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Then you obviously don't watch all the games.

Ive watched enough to know that he sprints out to the mound a large majority of the time. I miss maybe 1 game a week on TV.

eastkyred
07-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Back to the point of the thread:

Can we add Santos to the list? It's been an hour since he was recalled and I'm wondering "why is this guy still on the roster".

Triples
07-27-2007, 05:03 PM
My poiny exactly.