PDA

View Full Version : Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

Handofdeath
07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Some time ago TRF invited me on this board and I joined and enjoyed myself for the most part. After some time and hard work I was awarded with ORG status. It was subsequently taken away in the Great Purge of 2007. TRF nominated me for ORG but I was posting several unkind remarks about the changes at the same time. I will not debate the changes now or go back over my remarks. What's done is done. But, evidentally my posts embarrassed him and I'm sorry about that. Combine that with what I understand to be unkind remarks about me and my potential membership in ORG and TRF decided to leave Redszone.

This is not acceptable.

My undertstanding is that TRF is one of the originals of Redszone and if not an original certainly one of the longest serving members. He loves Redszone and has contributed a lot to it. I'm sure many enjoy reading his posts. Any problems that I have with Redszone or vice versa are not important enough to cause TRF to leave. IMO, TRF and Redszone need each other. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

Red Leader
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
TRF was a very good poster and member of this site. When he announced he was leaving, many people asked him not to leave and that they enjoyed reading his posts, Boss-Hog included.

I'm hoping he'll return at some point.

gonelong
07-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Once in awhile we all need to take a break from this place and when we come back we are generally better for it, and so is the board.

I have a feeling TRF will find his way back on his own schedule and he will certaily be welcomed with open arms when he decides to do so.

Thanks for the update HOD, give TRF our best.

GL

GIK
07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I was just thinking about TRF yesterday actually. I'd love to see him back.

Boss-Hog
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
As I told him the day he said he was leaving, I'm sorry to see him go and hope he decides to come back sooner rather than later.

Handofdeath
07-25-2007, 07:46 PM
He said he needs a rest. I think he'll be back but if he has left it needs to be because he wants to, not because of someone else.

Edskin
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I should probably keep my mouth shut, BUT...........

I must say that I find the "I am leaving/taking a break from Redszone" threads to be a tad dramatic.

I too, enjoy TRF's posts.

However, I think all of these proclomations about leaving the board, etc... are a bit self-indulgant.

1.This is a baseball message board.
2. It is a community of sorts.

I think some people get so locked in to #2 that they sometimes forget about #1.

It's funny, I've loved being a member of Redszone since the day I signed up. IMO, nothing has ever changed for me with the board. I can easily ignore bad posters and redundant thoughts and blow them off as being part of the deal with internet message boards. Big deal.

I am truly baffled at the soap-opera-esque production some posters have put on recently. Yet, not even those melodramatic posts have tainted my enjoyment of the board.

I guess I just don't get it.

jojo
07-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I should probably keep my mouth shut, BUT...........

I must say that I find the "I am leaving/taking a break from Redszone" threads to be a tad dramatic.

I too, enjoy TRF's posts.

However, I think all of these proclomations about leaving the board, etc... are a bit self-indulgant.

1.This is a baseball message board.
2. It is a community of sorts.

I think some people get so locked in to #2 that they sometimes forget about #1.

It's funny, I've loved being a member of Redszone since the day I signed up. IMO, nothing has ever changed for me with the board. I can easily ignore bad posters and redundant thoughts and blow them off as being part of the deal with internet message boards. Big deal.

I am truly baffled at the soap-opera-esque production some posters have put on recently. Yet, not even those melodramatic posts have tainted my enjoyment of the board.

I guess I just don't get it.

To be fair, TRF didn't exactly go on a fairwell tour. He announced his intentions basically with a single post in a thread.

Edskin
07-27-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't mean to direct it at TRF specifically. It just seems like there are a ton of "farewell" threads.

KittyDuran
07-29-2007, 06:08 PM
To be fair, TRF didn't exactly go on a fairwell tour. He announced his intentions basically with a single post in a thread.And he left THAT day...:(

Sea Ray
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

A tragedy? C'mon. It's a sports message board. No poster here needs Redszone nor does Redszone need any one person supplying posts. Anybody who feels otherwise needs to get a life.

redsfanmia
07-31-2007, 05:37 PM
A tragedy? C'mon. It's a sports message board. No poster here needs Redszone nor does Redszone need any one person supplying posts. Anybody who feels otherwise needs to get a life.

excellent post:thumbup:

camisadelgolf
08-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Are you one of those people who doesn't vote because you're "just one vote"?

Sea Ray
08-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Are you one of those people who doesn't vote because you're "just one vote"?

I have no idea what this has to do with anything but since you asked: I definitely vote in my precinct every election, even those obscure ones in August or something. I also vote in almost every poll in the futures section of this forum. So the answer to your question is no, I'm not one of those people.

Highlifeman21
08-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Some time ago TRF invited me on this board and I joined and enjoyed myself for the most part. After some time and hard work I was awarded with ORG status. It was subsequently taken away in the Great Purge of 2007. TRF nominated me for ORG but I was posting several unkind remarks about the changes at the same time. I will not debate the changes now or go back over my remarks. What's done is done. But, evidentally my posts embarrassed him and I'm sorry about that. Combine that with what I understand to be unkind remarks about me and my potential membership in ORG and TRF decided to leave Redszone.

This is not acceptable.

My undertstanding is that TRF is one of the originals of Redszone and if not an original certainly one of the longest serving members. He loves Redszone and has contributed a lot to it. I'm sure many enjoy reading his posts. Any problems that I have with Redszone or vice versa are not important enough to cause TRF to leave. IMO, TRF and Redszone need each other. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

Why did I get singled out?

I never had a problem with TRF. Pretty sure he never had a problem with me, either.

Handofdeath
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Why did I get singled out?

I never had a problem with TRF. Pretty sure he never had a problem with me, either.

I singled you out because you usually seemed to have a problem with me. I was right about Hopper BTW.

Now look at the last few sentences I wrote...

This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

Can anyone honestly read those last few sentences and take them at face value? Go forth and carry the word? It reads like a damn Captain Marvel comic book. :bang:Look, I was trying to right a wrong for a friend and that is all there was to it. He should be here. Simple as that. I'm the reason he's not although it appears he might have been here recently. I'm sure everything will sort itself out.

camisadelgolf
08-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Is this thread serious? I know some people on this board have a dry sense of humor, myself included, and I just can't see how someone could be 100% genuine with starting this thread. I'm not meaning any insult--this just seems really weird to me.

Just in case it is serious, I'll say that I didn't even notice TRF was missing (no offense). If he's good at posting, I hope he comes back and continues to do so, but even if he returns, there's a pretty good chance I won't notice.

macro
08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Is this thread serious?

I think that question was answered in the last paragraph of the post right before yours. I must admit, though, that I missed the humorous sarcasm when the original post appeared in this thread. I, too, was wondering how anyone could be so melodramatic.

:laugh:

Misinterpretation sometimes occurs when the keyboard is the only means of communication, however.

Handofdeath
08-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Actually, it was serious in intent. I just jazzed up the words a bit and added a bit of humor. My point was that this site was/is important to TRF and he was a big part of it. The reason he is not here, which is noticed by a lot here BTW, has to do with me. My hope is that he'll come back and post regular and I'll fade into the background. Also I think threads like these are a refreshing break from the usual Adam Dunn and sabremetrics discussions.

Norris Hopper 3 for 5 with two great catches tonight. No power but the dude can play as I pointed out at the beginning of the season. Last season was no mirage.

macro
08-12-2007, 12:35 AM
No, I realize you were sincere, but I was mainly referring to the "tragedy of epic proportions" part.

Handofdeath
08-12-2007, 12:46 AM
What can I say? It looked and sounded pretty good.:D

camisadelgolf
08-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm all about that style of humor, but I think your humor and/or your point were lost in your post. I'll tell you what, though: If TRF PMs or emails me and asks me if I think he should come back, I'll respond to him and tell him how important he is to me, RedsZone, and the future of the U.S.A.

Handofdeath
08-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm all about that style of humor, but I think your humor and/or your point were lost in your post. I'll tell you what, though: If TRF PMs or emails me and asks me if I think he should come back, I'll respond to him and tell him how important he is to me, RedsZone, and the future of the U.S.A.

You're a good American.