PDA

View Full Version : A public apology to ORG

AmarilloRed
07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I recently made a terrible post about a Zimmerman trade proposal, and I probably offended everyone in that forum. I want you to know I posted before I knew a lot about Zimmerman, and I promise that I will do that research and will make a more reasoned post next time. I also apologize to any members of that forum who I may have upset. I can be an emotional guy, and I just overreacted. I do hope all of you will forgive me my post, and you won't hold it against me next time I apply. I will also do more research in all my future posts.

RollyInRaleigh
07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Why would anyone want to post on Old Red Guard anyway?:rolleyes:

flyer85
07-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I probably offended everyone in that forum... you're going to have to do better than that to offend around here. :laugh:

klw
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier just to amend the "offensive" post? This almost reeks of the old posts begging for rep.

IowaRed
07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
almost?

pedro
07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
You really followed it up with a winner there Amarillo Red

"Are you a OPS geek?"

That's offensive.

klw
07-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Well fortunately he doesn't care if his post are popular.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60138

I do think some sort of judging system would help relatively new posters know if they were making good posts. I don't care if my posts are popular, but I do care I am making good posts and am improving as a poster on this board. I am sure posters on ORG don't need such a system, but I believe it would help posters on The Sun Deck. I have not heard anything about this futures thread, so more information on that would be helpful.

wheels
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM

"Are you a OPS geek?"

That's offensive.

I was thinking the same thing.

KittyDuran
07-26-2007, 08:22 PM

"Are you a OPS geek?"

That's offensive.Only if you're an OPS geek...;)

But seriously, don't we have these little discussions often during the season under various headings...

Biggest issue on RZ
Tone
Stats 101
What did you call me?
etc., etc., etc.

I know RZ has had a few polls regarding those who are "old school" and those who rely more on stats in the past (can't find them in search).

AR could've worded it differently, but the discussion was good [too bad I can't comment... :(]

pedro
07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Only if you're an OPS geek...;)

But seriously, don't we have these little discussions often during the season under various headings...

Biggest issue on RZ
Tone
Stats 101
What did you call me?
etc., etc., etc.

I know RZ has had a few polls regarding those who are "old school" and those who rely more on stats in the past (can't find them in search).

AR could've worded it differently, but the discussion was good [too bad I can't comment... :(]

I'm probably not the captain of good decorum either. I just found it a bit ironic considering his posts of the last few days. No harm really, just one of those words that probably should be avoided. Add it to the list with "apologists".

mbgrayson
07-27-2007, 01:07 AM
"Are you a OPS geek?"

That's offensive.

It is indeed. It should be
"Are you AN OPS geek".

And the answer is 'yes', I am one....lol

AmarilloRed
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I realized I used the wrong term and I apologized for it in a further post on that thread. I seem to have a talent for getting myself into trouble. I suspect if I ever do manage to make it into ORG, I will cause an endless amount of trouble in that forum also. I do recognize OPS as a good way to recognize offensive value; it is just not a statistic I would ever use. I am sure I will continue to stir up all sorts of trouble in whatever forum I am in.

One more thing: I will go out of town for the weekend so I should stay out of trouble until at least Sunday.

MWM
07-27-2007, 01:58 AM
II do recognize OPS as a good way to recognize offensive value; it is just not a statistic I would ever use.

Huh!

jimbo
07-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I do recognize OPS as a good way to recognize offensive value; it is just not a statistic I would ever use.

You're just digging yourself deeper and deeper. :runaway:

07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Me too. A little advice, Amarillo. Every time you try to step forward, you dig your hole a little deeper. Stop trying.

MrCinatit
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I try to stay out of this kind of stuff, but it seems an unknown force is pulling me in.
Amorillo, you may listen or not - but I believe it is important to listen to what the others are saying. Be yourself. Do not be the guy trying to impress every one - simply be yourself.
Remember - this is a fan site for a baseball team. Love the game, love the team, and love the site - do not worry about what part of the site you can post in. No matter where you are, you will always me amongst your ilk: people who simply love the Reds. And whatever in the end comes to be, comes to be.

uoduck1017
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
No matter where you are, you will always me amongst your ilk: people who simply love the Reds. And whatever in the end comes to be, comes to be.

So beautiful. I just can't hold back the tears. :cry: :p:

RBA
07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm not offended. I haven't read it. Apology accepted!

redsfanmia
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I try to stay out of this kind of stuff, but it seems an unknown force is pulling me in.
Amorillo, you may listen or not - but I believe it is important to listen to what the others are saying. Be yourself. Do not be the guy trying to impress every one - simply be yourself.
Remember - this is a fan site for a baseball team. Love the game, love the team, and love the site - do not worry about what part of the site you can post in. No matter where you are, you will always me amongst your ilk: people who simply love the Reds. And whatever in the end comes to be, comes to be.

right on brother