PDA

View Full Version : its time to cut Saarloos

Chris Sabowned
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Why is Kirk Saarloos still on the team? Is there no one else we can bring up or sign? He gives up a run seemingly every time he pitches. This is the second time he hasn't even recorded an out. Does anyone have any explanation for him still being on the team?

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
With out a doubt.

Has Santos signed with anyone since we released him.... maybe we can get him back.

Jadam
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I would rather have Ricky Stone back than Saarloos.

BearcatShane
07-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I wanna see Bill Bray.

Cant Touch This
07-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Nothing like an afternoon cup of Coffey to wash down a helping of Saarloos. Throwing those two out there in a tie game is like Ned Yost opening a Wonka bar to discover a golden ticket. Not that there are any better options, mind you, so can't really fault Mac.

redsfandoug
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
If there isn't anybody at Louisville who can do better than Saarloos, the Reds really have a problem.

wojo1025
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I would have to say I am extremlely disappointed in Saarloos this season. When he was brought in during the offseason I was excited about his potential. Being a groundball pitcher that showed flashes of great ability while pitching for Oakland I thought he may be one of the Reds breakout players this season. Unfortunately he's been a train wreck! It has to be time to get Bray and even Maj back up here and see what they can do.

BearcatShane
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
If there isn't anybody at Louisville who can do better than Saarloos, the Reds really have a problem.

Yea, Bill Bray and probably even Gary Majewski.

boognish
07-26-2007, 03:51 PM
With out a doubt.

Has Santos signed with anyone since we released him.... maybe we can get him back.

Santos accepted his assignment to AAA; the Reds still have him. He has a 1.93 ERA in Louisville.

The difference between he and Saarloos:

A) Saarloos has options and can be sent to Louisville without exposing him to waivers

B) Santos has not been seen hemorrhaging runs and baserunners at the big league level as recently

Picking between these two is like asking whether you want to eat mayonnaise that has sat in the sun for three weeks or a month.

DeadRedinCT
07-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Saarloos/Coffey out.

Bray and Salmon in.

That wasn't too hard, Wayne.

Muggerd
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Santos accepted his assignment to AAA; the Reds still have him. He has a 1.93 ERA in Louisville.

A) Saarloos has options and can be sent to Louisville without exposing him to waivers

B) Santos has not been seen hemorrhaging runs and baserunners at the big league level as recently

Picking between these two is like asking whether you want to eat mayonnaise that has sat in the sun for three weeks or a month.
Im being sarcastic about Santos :D

reds44
07-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Saarloos/Coffey out.

Bray and Salmon in.

That wasn't too hard, Wayne.
Throw Stanton in and bring McBeth back.

foltza
07-26-2007, 06:41 PM
said on the game recap that the last 10 batters saarloos has faced have all reached base. 8 hits, 1 walk, 1 hbp.

i'm not even upset. that's amazing!

captainmorgan07
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
i agree i've seen enough

StrikeIndicator
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM
:bang:

He would clear waivers quicker than Ricky Stone:bang::bang:

and what would we be losing if someone else did pick him up?

DannyB
07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I think we should give him a few more chances. Maybe a few starts.....

Vada Pinson Fan
07-26-2007, 09:15 PM
What's up with Kirk Saarloos? After getting an endorsement from Scott Hatteberg on the basis of their time on the Oakland A's, the comedic review of I Love Loosy has been a bust and requires an immediate cancellation!

kaldaniels
07-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I'll admit it...at the beginning of the season I wanted Saarloos as the 5th starter...glad I'm not in charge.

AmarilloRed
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I still don't see why Saarlos is still on the team and Salmon is in the minors; Brad Salmon had the second-best era on the team.

BearcatShane
07-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I think Dumatrait will be called up and Sarrloos will go down tomorrow.

StrikeIndicator
07-27-2007, 08:16 AM
I think Dumatrait will be called up and Sarrloos will go down tomorrow.

Phil just pitched last night, so they would not bring him up for at least 3 or 4 days unless someone gets hurt.

Why?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They would have to pay him for rest days and I don't see this FO doing that, not after they sent Bailey down right before the All Star Break "so that he could stay on his work schedule (and we don't have to pay him MLB $)"

They should have kept him up and rested his hammy, maybe he would not be back on the DL again.

JLB5
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Give it another week. I'm betting that they have been trying to polish these guys up for trade bait. So far it's not working. I'm expecting a bullpen overhaul by the time they get to Pittsburgh next week. Even if they aren't able to trade either Saarloos or Coffey, I would guess they don't want to make any more moves than necessary before the trade deadline in case they would need to call someone up immediately.

BearcatShane
07-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Phil just pitched last night, so they would not bring him up for at least 3 or 4 days unless someone gets hurt.

Why?

They would have to pay him for rest days and I don't see this FO doing that, not after they sent Bailey down right before the All Star Break "so that he could stay on his work schedule (and we don't have to pay him MLB $)"

They should have kept him up and rested his hammy, maybe he would not be back on the DL again.

They pulled him after 5 innings when he was dominating the game and only threw 66 pitches for a reason.

JLB5
07-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Why?

Your theory would make sense if they didn't have to pay whoever is on the roster instead of him MLB $. Also, Bailey has a groin, not hammy, issue.

StrikeIndicator
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Your theory would make sense if they didn't have to pay whoever is on the roster instead of him MLB $. Also, Bailey has a groin, not hammy, issue.

They could release Sarloos who is making MLB$$$ and are under no obligation to fill that roster spot immediately.
They have done this at least once already this year if my memory serves me.

I can type I just can spell, isn't this the same groin problem that he had before?

KeyMastur
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
I believe Saarloos is going back down to AAA and Santos is back in the bigs...

baseballguy
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I think you're right KeyMastur..

BearcatShane
07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Do we really need to see Santos again? Lets get someone who will be here in 2008 up here.

uoduck1017
07-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Why is Kirk Saarloos still on the team? Is there no one else we can bring up or sign? He gives up a run seemingly every time he pitches. This is the second time he hasn't even recorded an out. Does anyone have any explanation for him still being on the team?

Well, he's still in the organization, but at least he's not on the team anymore.