PDA

View Full Version : Another Dunn Rumor (Snakes)

sammonator
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
www.mlbtraderumors.com

The Diamondbacks' preference is to add players whom they can control beyond this season rather than rent for two months. Still, they've shown mild interest in the Reds' Adam Dunn, a left fielder who also could play first base.
Dunn's contract allows him to become a free agent at the end of the season if he is traded, diminishing his trade value. The Nationals like Dunn, but he appears to be a backup plan — at best — for most contenders.
Dunn, who turns 28 on Nov. 29, could provide needed power to the Padres and Angels as well as the Diamondbacks.

Source: Fox Sports

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 11:19 AM
What type of young players do the Dback really have to offer.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I dont know what they would offer but if Dustin Nippert is mentioned trade away

reds44
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
What type of young players do the Dback really have to offer.
Are you kidding? The D'Backs are loaded with young talent.

Muggerd
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Are you kidding? The D'Backs are loaded with young talent.

Yea loaded with young talent but are they really willing to give them up? It seems like they dont really like Dunn so they are probably less likely to give up some of the better ones we would probably like to get.

I didnt mean that statement as "omg they have nothing why would we want thier guys" I was asking what would they really be offering. I know They have talent i just want to know what talent they think Dunn is worth.

Az. Reds Fan
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
D'backs GM Josh Byrnes has stated numerous times out here that they are not interested in giving up any of their young talent (and they have alot of it) for a rental player. Now I suppose if they could get Dunn to agree to an extension that would be a different story, although I've never heard that the D'backs were even interested in him from any journalist or reporter in Arizona.

The only rumors I've heard regarding the D'backs have them interested in young pitching, namely Hayden Penn and Garret Olson from the Orioles and Royals righty Zack Grienke.

Supposedly the D'backs are open to dealing Conor Jackson or Chad Tracy.