PDA

View Full Version : Braves talking to reds about arroyo

redlegs7089
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
According to Yahoo's Tim Brown, the Braves are talking to the Reds about Bronson Arroyo. This wouldn't be the first time they've shown interest in him.

Despite his decline this year, Arroyo would still probably be the best starter dealt this July. John Schuerholz would really be going for broke if he snagged Arroyo. I have to imagine Jo-Jo Reyes and/or Yunel Escobar would be involved, because they're running out of prospects.

Mlbtraderumors.com

uoduck1017
07-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Escobar would be nice, but I honestly don't think this trade will happen.

Muggerd
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Yea they have no one left and the braves have been well known for being able to evaluate their talent. The Braves are one of the last teams i ever want to trade with. I dont think the Braves have ever gotten a raw end of a trade :(

Chi-Town Red
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
i would be shocked if it happened

sammonator
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Would you trade Arroyo for Reyes, Escobar, and Asciano? I might have to do that.

Fil3232
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I like Reyes and Escobar. Don't know much about Asciano. If you trade Arroyo, though, you may as well trade Harang, because the Reds would essentially be closing their window for contention until 2010 or later.

Degenerate39
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Since the Braves traded Salty I wouldn't talk to them about Arroyo

Brutus_the_Red
07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
If Arroyo is to go anywhere, I'd be looking to pair up him with Stormy and try to pry Joba + prospects from the Yankees.

But you don't really have to do anything. Arroyo isn't a part that needs to be replaced right now.

Z-Fly
07-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Yea they have no one left and the braves have been well known for being able to evaluate their talent. The Braves are one of the last teams i ever want to trade with. I dont think the Braves have ever gotten a raw end of a trade :(

Tim Hudson?:dunno:

ChatterRed
07-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I would not trade Arroyo. That would tell the fans that they don't intend to compete for the next 2-3 years.

You don't sign extensions with Arroyo and Harang and then trade one of them. That's just stupid business and marketing to your fans. Dumb.

TC81190
07-30-2007, 10:41 PM

HBP
07-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Would be completely surprised to see Bronson traded. If the front office wants to be competitive at all in two years I think he has to be part of the team.

jnwohio
07-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Agree. A couple of weeks back when this seemed to be a hotter item, talks supposedly stalled because the Bravos would not discuss putting Saltalamacchia in the deal. Arroyo has had some good starts since, why would the Reds settle for less now?

I doubt that Arroyo was ever really on the block or being actively shopped; but, the Reds were willing to listen when his name came up and ask for a return too good to turn away.

jmac
07-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I would not trade Arroyo. That would tell the fans that they don't intend to compete for the next 2-3 years.

You don't sign extensions with Arroyo and Harang and then trade one of them. That's just stupid business and marketing to your fans. Dumb.

Right on !

AmarilloRed
07-31-2007, 12:55 AM
They should have considered making this trade before they traded Salty.