PDA

View Full Version : Braves fan with some questions

tnbravesfan82
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hello Redzone members! Huge Braves fan (please forgive me) coming to Cincinnati for a game or two in a couple weeks and I need some help. I plan on coming up Monday and need a good place to stay thats near or next to the stadium. Preferably within walking distance and also need to know if I should get tickets ahead of time or could I just purchase some when I get to the stadium?

I came here last year (to Cincinnati) last year to watch a Reds game against the Brewers and had a great time. Love the new ball park and thats one reason why I'm coming up to watch my Braves play and looking forward to the trip up. As much info needed would be appreciated and thanks for letting me join!

RBA
08-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Braves fan, you say? Hmmm, Travelodge in Newport is in walking distance. ;)

tnbravesfan82
08-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Ha! Don't know too much about the surround areas but if I had to guess, thats no where near the ball park:laugh:

Reds Freak
08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Well I would direct you to this thread about attending games at GABP:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31267

However, it really needs some updating because it is just about three years old. Some of the bars and dining places have changed a lot as downtown and specifically the Fountain Square area has undergone major changes in the past three years. I think it might be time to update that thread for our guests and out of town fans...

paintmered
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Ha! Don't know too much about the surround areas but if I had to guess, thats no where near the ball park:laugh:

No...it's within walking distance.

It's just sketchy. Really sketchy.

KronoRed
08-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Well in a few years it'll be gone and a nice new hotel will be at the Levee.

Till then don't mind the prostitutes in the parking lot :D