PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig

DTCromer
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games? I mean, he's the Commissioner for crying out loud. His comments after Bonds tied it irked me a bit and now he's meeting with George Mitchell? He's making it worse than it already is! Bud is doing everything wrong in this situation and his professionalism is at an all-time low.

Degenerate39
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games?

Couldn't care less

DTCromer
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Couldn't care less

You must be one of those people who answer an opinion poll, "I have no opinion."

Degenerate39
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
You must be one of those people who answer an opinion poll, "I have no opinion."

Depends on what the question of the poll is

Ahhhorsepoo
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Is anyone else irked by this guy not going to Bonds' games? I mean, he's the Commissioner for crying out loud. His comments after Bonds tied it irked me a bit and now he's meeting with George Mitchell? He's making it worse than it already is! Bud is doing everything wrong in this situation and his professionalism is at an all-time low.

I thought bonds was the one who was breaking the record... as long as he is showing up for his games.. I could care less who is in attendance.. I am more upset Michael Jordan isnt there.. as a personal choice.. but i dont cry out about that.. If Bud doesnt want to be there.. he HAS THAT CHOICE.. Though i do agree it isnt very professional...

Kind of Ironic that the pitcher who gave up 755 has been suspended for steroid use.. I think so.. other than that the quicker that arrogantracist son of a gun gets this over with the better..

AmarilloRed
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
He has made it clear he does not like Bonds; I can't fault him for holding back on going to the games.

DTCromer
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought bonds was the one who was breaking the record... as long as he is showing up for his games.. I could care less who is in attendance.. I am more upset Michael Jordan isnt there.. as a personal choice.. but i dont cry out about that.. If Bud doesnt want to be there.. he HAS THAT CHOICE.. Though i do agree it isnt very professional...

Kind of Ironic that the pitcher who gave up 755 has been suspended for steroid use.. I think so.. other than that the quicker that arrogantracist son of a gun gets this over with the better..

I don't think some of you guys are seeing the importance of this. Selig is THE Commissioner of baseball. He's supposed to represent baseball. He SHOULD be at EVERY game Bonds has a chance to break until he does it. His official statement on tying the record was awful and him not going to the game and meeting w/ Mitchell, in my opinion, makes him look like an idiot.

DTCromer
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
He has made it clear he does not like Bonds; I can't fault him for holding back on going to the games.

For what? Turning his back on the steroids issue for years and then whining when he finally will break it?

WMR
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I dislike Bud Selig... but I think this is great. I think it'd be even better if Bonds broke the record in an empty stadium with the game untelevised.

Boston Red
08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't think some of you guys are seeing the importance of this.

I think everyone understands how important it is. That's why it's such a disaster for baseball that it's completely tainted. I don't think Selig wants to give Bonds any more legitimacy than he thinks Bonds deserves (which is very little).

Ahhhorsepoo
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
For the record.. if selig were there.. and in years it is found that bonds did juice for sure.. then selig looks liek he supports a cheater..(dont say that wouldnt be said, everyone now faults baseball for the following of mcgwire and sosa).. kind of a lose lose for the guy dont you think?

mroby85
08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
selig is a jerk. did anyone hear him talking about his herculian effort? are you kidding me? he gets to go on private jets to watch baseball games, and see history made, and he's tryin to make it out like he's doing something hard? he's getting to witness history from box seats, i gotta say, i don't feel bad for him.

Boston Red
08-07-2007, 11:08 PM
A jerk refusing to watch a jerk. What a beautiful world for baseball.

Grounds_Crew
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Selig is THE Commissioner of baseball. He's supposed to represent baseball.

He does represent baseball. He just doesn't chose to represent cheating.

Do I like Bud Selig? No! Does it bother me or do I think it's wrong that he is not attending the games to see the record broken? Not a bit!

mroby85
08-07-2007, 11:29 PM

Do I like Bud Selig? No! Does it bother me or do I think it's wrong that he is not attending the games to see the record broken? Not a bit!

who let george grande on the message board?

lol sorry i couldn't pass that up with 2 questions asked and answered by yourself.

dougflynn23
08-07-2007, 11:41 PM
For the record.. if selig were there.. and in years it is found that bonds did juice for sure.. then selig looks liek he supports a cheater..(dont say that wouldnt be said, everyone now faults baseball for the following of mcgwire and sosa).. kind of a lose lose for the guy dont you think?
:confused:MLB and Bud took out a full page USA Today ad after Rafael Palmeiro got his 3,000th hit congratlating him on his achievement, all while having his positive "B Sample" lab results for anabolic steroids at the lab awaiting the mandated wait period before acting on it. If Bud and MLB can be that hypocritical then, they could fake it better now.

improbus
08-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I think this is a complete NON-ISSUE. Media guys want to add more drama, so they hyped this up. In twenty years, I'm not going to care whether Bud was there or not.

Jr's Boy
08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
:confused:MLB and Bud took out a full page USA Today ad after Rafael Palmeiro got his 3,000th hit congratlating him on his achievement, all while having his positive "B Sample" lab results for anabolic steroids at the lab awaiting the mandated wait period before acting on it. If Bud and MLB can be that hypocritical then, they could fake it better now.

Oh the irony.

Muggerd
08-08-2007, 03:39 AM

Dont care at all that hes not there. Its the media wanting to create stories out of nothing.

DTCromer
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM

Bud Selig is just as guilty as every steroid user out there, but that still doesn't mean he shouldn't support Bonds and his chase for the HR. At least Hank had the guts to suck up his pride and congratulate Barry even if it was on video.

DTCromer
08-18-2007, 06:02 PM
This was sorta in response to the ORG posts on Bud Selig.

Which one of these two events was a terrible overreaction:

The fans response to the ASG tie?

or

Bud Selig responding to the overreaction from the fans and installing the "HFA" of the ASG?