PDA

View Full Version : Wow, the Brewers are Terrible

Boston Red
08-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I really want them to keep the Cubs out of the playoffs, but the way they're playing there's basically no chance. They're playing so bad that I wouldn't be shocked to see them finish within shouting distance of the Reds (and way behind Chicago). Hope I'm wrong (at least about them finishing behind Chicago!).

mroby85
08-08-2007, 12:12 AM
yea, they can't win at all on the road, thats not good, i look for the cubs to cool off too though. especially with the soriano injury.

Degenerate39
08-08-2007, 12:15 AM
If the Brewers are Terrible then what are the Reds

Boston Red
08-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Currently, much better than the Brewers. 13-20 since the beginning of July with some absolute meltdowns.

AmarilloRed
08-08-2007, 12:33 AM
You may not have noticed , but almost every team in the NL Central is pretty terrible. I believe no one would win the division if it wasn't necessary that some one would have to be less terrible than the rest.

Boston Red
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
11-0 after 3 in Denver. The beat goes on for the "mighty" NL Central leading Brew Crew.

boognish
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Currently, much better than the Brewers. 13-20 since the beginning of July with some absolute meltdowns.

Reds without Harang are FAR worse than the Brewers without Sheets.

That said, I'm glad our GM made the "mistake" of extending Bronson Arroyo rather than signing Jeff Suppan. In other words, it could be MUCH worse: Krivsky could have favored the gleam on that particular pyrite.

Hey Meat
08-08-2007, 09:19 PM

What would you say if the Reds caught them. If the Reds win tonight they are 10 back. Crazy things can happen in August and September, especially as many times as the Reds will play the Brewers and the Cubs.

IamWallaman
08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
What would you say if the Reds caught them. If the Reds win tonight they are 10 back. Crazy things can happen in August and September, especially as many times as the Reds will play the Brewers and the Cubs.

Really, the best we can do is ruin their playoff hopes. Even in the best scenario, the Cards would probably win it... and believe me, I want NONE of that. I want even less for the Cubs, though.

Chi-Town Red
08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
im rooting for the Brewers...Cubs fans are the worst...take my word for it

Muggerd
08-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Id love for the cubs to have a few games lead nearing the end of the season and lose like 9 of the last 10 and that including 3 zambrano starts and the bullpen blowing it up or not scoring runs.

I WOULD LOVE IT.

Chi-Town Red
08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Id love for the cubs to have a few games lead nearing the end of the season and lose like 9 of the last 10 and that including 3 zambrano starts and the bullpen blowing it up or not scoring runs.

I WOULD LOVE IT.

:thumbup:

HokieRed
08-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Reds may be 9 back of the Cubs after tonight. Can we actually be considered remote contenders?

AtomicDumpling
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM

At least the Brewers have a brighter future. They have some fantastic young players that I really enjoy watching. Ryan Braun is unbelievable. Yovanni Gallardo is what we are all hoping Homer Bailey will become soon. Prince Fielder is already a stud. Corey Hart is a very good young player. Rickie Weeks, J.J. Hardy and Tony Gwynn Jr. are excellent prospects. Did I leave any others out?

The Brewers have the nucleus of a team that will be strong contenders for many seasons.

Boston Red
08-18-2007, 01:01 AM
At this point, I fully expect the Reds to finish ahead of the Brew Crew. Those guys are truly laughable.

Degenerate39
08-18-2007, 01:10 AM
They looked like the Bad News Bears until the 8th inning.