PDA

View Full Version : Postgame 8.8

Degenerate39
08-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Postgame 8.8

Dodgers manager Grady Little said he saw Aaron Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walk out of the bullpen before the game: “I saw two big men walk out of that gate and either one of them could have shut us out tonight,” Little said.

Harang said he felt fine the entire game.

"In the bullpen, I was missing some spots and didn’t feel like I was in a groove yet. But once I got out there and got through that first inning, everything clicked right back in. It felt really frickin’ easy."

Ross: "The way he threw tonight, he doesn’t ever get any credit nationally, but he’s one of the best pitchers in the league. Whenever you win a game 1-0, you have to credit some good defense. Griffey made a good, diving play to start the game, Dunner cutting off some balls that could have been doubles, Brandon Phillips flashing the leather, Scott Hatteberg making a diving play, just all over the place, guys fielding. Stormy making the one-handed catch."

Nice to hear that from Harang. He did have some great defense behind him last night Phillips made two great plays, one of them probably saved a run, Griffey made a Vintage Griffey catch, and that was a nice bear hand catch by Stormy.

mroby85
08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
phillips made a couple of stellar plays, the double play was huge.