PDA

View Full Version : Dunn home run 8/17

Chi-Town Red
08-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Did anyone get the distance of the home run last night?
I was watching DTV with the Brewers broadcast. They said
it was the farthest they had ever seen in a game at Miller Park.
They said Fielder has hit some up there in batting practice, but
had never seen one hit that far in a game.:thumbup:

redsman12
08-18-2007, 09:03 AM
On Sportscenter they said it went 455 feet.

Chi-Town Red
08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
it was quite a shot to say the least

Jim Fazio
08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
And everyone wants the Reds to get rid of Dunn. Please!!

fadetoblack2880
08-18-2007, 12:03 PM
well, you all know it's dunn's fault that milwaukee scored three runs lastnight. it's also dunn's fault that mike stanton has struggled all season and coutlangus was sent to the bats. yup, the reds can afford to trade that offense away. :rolleyes:

Maldez
08-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Can you imagine what Adam Dunn would do to a baseball on steroids? He might literally knock the cover off.

texasdave
08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Adam Dunn got the same reward for his upper deck blast as Hatteberg did for one that just cleared the wall. When they start letting you run around the bases and score two runs for hitting the ball into the upped deck I will be impressed. Upper deck blasts are baseball's answer to the dunk in basketball. All style and not one extra bit of substance. They both get you on Sportscenter though. I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out.

muethibp
08-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Adam Dunn got the same reward for his upper deck blast as Hatteberg did for one that just cleared the wall. When they start letting you run around the bases and score two runs for hitting the ball into the upped deck I will be impressed. Upper deck blasts are baseball's answer to the dunk in basketball. All style and not one extra bit of substance. They both get you on Sportscenter though. I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out.

Only Adam Dunn, and only on Redszone, could be criticized for a long home run.

texasdave
08-18-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't see any criticism in that post. Can you be so kinda as to point it out to me?

REDblooded
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM

umm, yeah. I'm pretty sure his response was to Fazio, and FadeTo's remarks that caused this thread to turn into something more than response about a tape-measure shot.

muethibp
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't see any criticism in that post. Can you be so kinda as to point it out to me?

"I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out."

stevekun
08-18-2007, 02:38 PM
What an incredible shot! I do wish Dunn would be a Red next year but WAY too much money

Chi-Town Red
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
he may at least be around until June

mole44
08-18-2007, 03:04 PM
What an incredible shot! I do wish Dunn would be a Red next year but WAY too much money

Do any of you people even know what the market value is? ANYONE?

DTCromer
08-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Only on Reds Zone can anyone marvel at Dunn's raw power and think, "How could anyone want to get rid of him? He can hit the ball 450 feet!"

reds44
08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Only on Reds Zone can anyone marvel at Dunn's raw power and think, "How could anyone want to get rid of him? He can hit the ball 450 feet!"
And have 33 homers and 87(?) rbis.

He is awful.

DTCromer
08-18-2007, 03:29 PM
And have 33 homers and 87(?) rbis.

He is awful.

I'm just going to quit because both sides are firmly entrenched on their Dunn arguments. All I have to say is I love Dunn's raw power. I love when he has his, "Are you kidding me" home runs.

texasdave
08-18-2007, 04:44 PM
"I am certain that if anyone could afford to sacrifice a bit of power for more consistent contact it would be Adam Dunn. And equally certain we will never find out."

How is that a criticism? That says Adam Dunn is one of the most powerful hitters in baseball. And furthermore if anyone could afford to sacrifice some power and still be a effective, while putting more balls into play it is Dunn. That is a compliment. Before the season I posted that AD would put up a .975+ OPS. I think he has a lot of untapped potential. I don't think we will ever see it though. But I hope we do. The above quote was not a critique. That was my realistic assessment of the situation.

muethibp
08-18-2007, 06:47 PM
How is that a criticism? That says Adam Dunn is one of the most powerful hitters in baseball. And furthermore if anyone could afford to sacrifice some power and still be a effective, while putting more balls into play it is Dunn. That is a compliment. Before the season I posted that AD would put up a .975+ OPS. I think he has a lot of untapped potential. I don't think we will ever see it though. But I hope we do. The above quote was not a critique. That was my realistic assessment of the situation.

It's not a compliment. It's a direct criticism of his approach to hitting and you know it. Something does not cease to be a critique just because you say it's cloaked in realism. I can say that Gary Majewski has stunk as a pitcher. That's a criticism and a realistic assessment of the situation; they are not mutually exclusive.

texasdave
08-18-2007, 06:57 PM
It's not a compliment. It's a direct criticism of his approach to hitting and you know it. Something does not cease to be a critique just because you say it's cloaked in realism. I can say that Gary Majewski has stunk as a pitcher. That's a criticism and a realistic assessment of the situation; they are not mutually exclusive.

Except that I never said that Adam Dunn stunk as a hitter. I am only positing that a different approach to hitting may be beneficial. I am not even sure that that is true. That is only my belief. I am convinced that he will never change his approach, because there is no guarantee that it will be beneficial. And most people will not change what they are doing and have had success at for the chance that maybe it will make them better. If you want to read that as a criticism. Fine. It wasn't.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-20-2007, 12:29 AM
I'll say he stinks as a contact hitter and I wouldnt want him on my team for anything other than homerun derby.. I will be that guy..

Ludwig Reds Fan
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Do any of you people even know what the market value is? ANYONE?

Reds Budget < Market Value

:thumbup:

Hope this clears it up.