PDA

View Full Version : Dumatrait is highly likely to be sent down after the game

AmarilloRed
08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Johy Fay says that Pete Mackanin will talk to Wayne Krivsky after the game and tell him Dumatrait is not ready for this level. Expect a forthcoming roster spot move in the next couple of days. I picked this off of Cincinnati Enquirer. com under the Conine trade article.

Muggerd
08-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Im guessing its Coffey, Belsile, Saarloos, or a big giant turd

Degenerate39
08-20-2007, 11:10 PM

You already said Saarloos

Muggerd
08-20-2007, 11:11 PM
yea they both are pretty painful

reds44
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Sounds like Eddie may go on the DL too.

Sounds like the Phil Dumatrait Experiment may be over for 2007. Pete Mackanin said he was going to talk to Wayne Krivsky after the game. A move is likely coming.

"(Dumatrait) may not be ready for this level," Mackanin said.

Dumatrait's ERA 14.18 after four starts. He's given up 27 hits in 13 1/3 innings. I don't know who they'll put in the rotation. But if you heard us on radio, Jeff Brantley's vote is for Johnny Cueto.

Also, I would not be surprised to see Eddie Guardado back on the DL. Running him out there -- 4 innings, 12 hits, 10 runs in five games -- does him no good.

Sweet, lets just keep passing around the top prospects.

jmac
08-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Out of those 3,er..I mean 4, I say Belisle but that's not sayin much.
Put Belisle in by default I guess. Coffey has had his chance.Sarloos disappointed greatly and the other, well that's a real stinker !

uoduck1017
08-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Well this guy already has a red hat on, so I think we can go ahead and make the assumption he will be the next starting pitcher.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/skatole/MrHankey.jpg

durl
08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
I have to admit that while I didn't follow Dumatrait very closely in the minors, I really expected more from him. I figured his first couple of starts were bad because of the jitters but he's had his chance and he really needs to go back down. An ERA of 14 belongs nowhere near a major league mound.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Dumatrait has 0 control of his pitches. He stuff looks good but every pitch he throws is 3 feet off the mark

Jr's Boy
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I'd cut ties with Dumatrait,he's been in the system too long and has yet to prove his self.

captainmorgan07
08-21-2007, 12:50 PM
im hoping for a johnny cueto sighting but i kno that won't happen. I'd rather see Tom shearn than belisle, santos, or saarloos. How bout Richie Gardner he can't do anyworse that what phil dumtrait did.

TheWalls
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I'd cut ties with Dumatrait,he's been in the system too long and has yet to prove his self.

He just turned 26. I think we can be a little more patient with him in AAA.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Prior to tonight's game the Reds selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of RHP Kirk Saarloos and optioned to Louisville LHP Phil Dumatrait.
Also, RHP Victor Santos, who was designated for assignment on Saturday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Louisville.
Dumatrait went 0-2, 14.18 in his 4 starts for the Reds.

:bowrofl:

Screwball
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Prior to tonight's game the Reds selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of RHP Kirk Saarloos and optioned to Louisville LHP Phil Dumatrait.
:bowrofl:

Let's replace the 3 legged deck chair with the one that'll give you splinters. There, that should do it.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Lets replace a rookie who cant throw strikes for a veteran that cant throw strikes

captainmorgan07
08-21-2007, 03:16 PM
wayne never see's to suprise me with these craptastic AAAA players. Saarloos can't get anybody out no matter what level he pitches on.

NeilHamburger
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
If I had a son and didn't live in a cardboard box I wouldn't even let Phil Dumatrait pitch on his little league team.

reds44
08-21-2007, 04:44 PM
How does Wayne think Saarloos is a better option then Salmon?

durl
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I believe he brought Saarloos up to be a starter. Salmon is a reliever, isn't he?

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I believe he brought Saarloos up to be a starter. Salmon is a reliever, isn't he?

You are correct.

AmarilloRed
08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
We now have Saarlos as a starter. I suppose he will not do too much damage as the fifth starter. I really hope we can see Bailey in September.

Jr's Boy
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
He just turned 26. I think we can be a little more patient with him in AAA.

Well seven year's in the minor's should be enough proving ground.

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
We now have Saarlos as a starter. I suppose he will not do too much damage as the fifth starter. I really hope we can see Bailey in September.

Hes not starting apparently.

Saarloos will be pitching out of the bullpen, the reason Pete gave was that basically he's the only guy who gives them any length, which makes sense. They will bring up a starter later -- no need to bring up a starter for Saturday today. Also said Eddie would pretty much be the 12th guy out of the bullpen and be used only in situations like yesterday. I asked if you could afford that, and the short answer -- I'll give you the long answer later -- was 'yes.'

Muggerd
08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Well seven year's in the minor's should be enough proving ground.

You do know he had arm surgery in between those 7 years right?

Anyways it has nothing to do with his stuff, its his control. If he didnt have solid stuff and control problems thats one thing but you cant just give up on a guy all together that quick.

Tommy John might have done him in but you still have to let him work on it in the minors.

AmarilloRed
08-21-2007, 06:55 PM
It seems Saarloos will be used for long relief. That makes sense, with the number of games in which the starting pitcher has failed to go 5 innings has increased. I am encouraged they will call up a fifth starter at a later time.