PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a list of Relief Pitching available?

mroby85
08-22-2007, 12:05 AM
i was just wondering if anyone had a list of relief pitching that is going to be available for next season, i saw a thread about the top 15 starting pitchers, but i think this team needs to focus big time on fixing up this bullpen. I believe i saw mariano rivera is a free agent at the end of the season, not saying he would be a good pickup because i think he's on the backside of his career, but they need to get some guys down there who know how to pitch.

i would keep
Burton
Bray
Weathers
Coutlangus

other than that, i would add to it from the free agent market.

AmarilloRed
08-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I will work on a list tomorrow.

Slyder
08-22-2007, 12:24 AM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/03/2008_mlb_free_a.html

Hasn't been updated to show guys who signed extensions.

Rodrigo Lopez will probably be a wild card in everything. If his arm's healthy he pitched fairly well in a very unfriendly confines for pitchers. Anyone have any information on the time table for coming back from Torn Flexor Tendon?

Bunch of the "top guys" are guys that father time should be checking in soon on, do we want to gamble and bring in a guy like Tom Glavine?

Freddy Garcia looks to be a "workhorse" Type pitcher that is coming off of shoulder surgery.

Of the Pen guys I would probably hook my cart to Francisco Cordero. Mariano wont leave the northeast (Stays with the Yanks or goes to Boston or the M-E-T-S Mets Mets Mets). Isringhausen gets his option envoked by St. Louis (theyd be stupid if they didnt). Beyond Cordero I wouldnt even bother with any of the others.

mroby85
08-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Gagne, Cordero, and Linebrink all seem appealing, at least to me.

i also couldn't help but notice bobby abreu, with being such a well balanced player, thats good at everything, but i imagine the yankees will exercise the club option they have on him.