PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo back Bellhorn out

Degenerate39
08-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Alex Gonzalez is off the bereavement list, Mark Bellhorn is headed to Louisville.

Screwball
08-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I wonder what this means for Keppinger. Does Gonzo get his job back, sliding Kepp to 3rd? Or does Kepp get sent to the bench? Or is it Gonzo that gets relegated? Decisions, decisions.

I gotta believe P-Mack (or is Krivsky calling the shots now) keeps Kepp and his .985+ OPS in the lineup. Gonzo may not start tonight, but I have a feeling he'll get back in the lineup and EE will be the odd man out.

AmarilloRed
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Keppinger will go back to his regular job as Super-Sub with Freel out for the year.

Muggerd
08-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Keppinger will go back to his regular job as Super-Sub with Freel out for the year.

Gotta love when a team benches a player batting .380

Jefferson24
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Benching Kepp is a big mistake. Let him cool off first then sit him, if he doesn't cool off then you'll just have to live with .375 or better hitting. It's not like Gonzo is going to hit .375.

Muggerd
08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Benching Kepp is a big mistake. Let him cool off first then sit him, if he doesn't cool off then you'll just have to live with .375 or better hitting. It's not like Gonzo is going to hit .375.

Gonzalez would be lucky to have a OBP that high

OesterPoster
08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Gonzalez would be lucky to have a OBP that high

Yeah, but he makes more money than Keppinger...so he has to play. :rolleyes:

mroby85
08-22-2007, 04:49 PM
you could try keppinger out at first, just a thought.

jmac
08-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Our BA will take a hit.

NeilHamburger
08-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Damn, I wanted to see Kepp get the rest of the year at short. Now we're stuck with a month of the crappy Gonzo. I'd love Wayne to trade him, but since he signed him, no way.

Screwball
08-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I'd love Wayne to trade him, but since he signed him, no way.

Wayne signed Conine and Lohse. He traded both of them.

Fullboat
08-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Gonzo has to play also,else your sending the wrong message to other FA
signings.

Degenerate39
08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Hamilton cf
Keppinger ss
Griffey rf
Phillips 2b
Dunn lf
Hatteberg 1b
Valentin c
Encarnacion 3b
Arroyo p

Keppinger isn't sitting today

Screwball
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Hamilton cf
Keppinger ss
Griffey rf
Phillips 2b
Dunn lf
Hatteberg 1b
Valentin c
Encarnacion 3b
Arroyo p

Keppinger isn't sitting today

It certainly will be interesting to see if this continues. If Kepp keeps hitting, and Edwin shows he's coming out of his sophomore slump, what else can ya do?

Muggerd
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM

so we can have 4 1st basemen?

ThirdBaseCoach
08-22-2007, 05:51 PM

just a thought that Kep is too small to play first base.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I gotta believe P-Mack (or is Krivsky calling the shots now) keeps Kepp and his .985+ OPS in the lineup. Gonzo may not start tonight, but I have a feeling he'll get back in the lineup and EE will be the odd man out.

P-Mack is definitely deciding the daily lineup. Wayne's job is to get the players, not to tell PM who to play.

Screwball
08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
P-Mack is definitely deciding the daily lineup. Wayne's job is to get the players, not to tell PM who to play.

Krivsky can if he wants to. Remember, he's MacKanin's boss. And there's plenty of discussion in the game threads by ORG members this is precisely what's going on.

Vada Pinson Fan
08-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Not a surprising move. I'm glad Johan Gonzalez apparently must be feeling and doing better. Mark Bellhorn isn't a needed part of this nor next years team.

Glad you're back on the team Alex but as you know family is way more important that any game. It should make you feel good about your teammates (winning more games) and the inspired play of Jeff Keppinger at your SS position, Alex. What 'Kepp' has done does NOT diminish what you have done for the Reds this year!

My family's collective heart, prayers and blessing are extended to You, Little Johan and your Wife. Peace and strength be with each of you!!!

ThirdBaseCoach
08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Krivsky can if he wants to. Remember, he's MacKanin's boss. And there's plenty of discussion in the game threads by ORG members this is precisely what's going on.

the ORG discussions about who calls the shots are not based on facts. the facts are - WK does not tell Mackanin who to play or how to make out his lineup. Pete calls his own shots every day. tell those in the ORG discussions that they are wrong. tell them that The Sun Deck knows what it's talking about. trust me, I know.

Z-Fly
08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
the ORG discussions about who calls the shots are not based on facts. the facts are - WK does not tell Mackanin who to play or how to make out his lineup. Pete calls his own shots every day. tell those in the ORG discussions that they are wrong. tell them that The Sun Deck knows what it's talking about. trust me, I know.

But your discussion is based on fact? The only solid reason you gave me is, "Trust me".

I don't trust you, and why should I.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Z...

time will show that I am correct. watch this space.

GoReds33
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I think Pete calls the shots. I may be wrong.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I think Pete calls the shots. I may be wrong.

If you watched Thursday's game, do you think anyone but Pete called those shots?