PDA

View Full Version : Sabermetrics Forum Poll

AmarilloRed
08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
One of the members suggested we have a poll to determine how many members would support a Sabermetrics Forum. Vote Yes or No on whether you would like to see this Forum on the Board. I think a Forum would be good for those who enjoy statistical analysis, so I voted yes.

CarolinaRedleg
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Not sure that I would necessarily frequent that forum (more of a classic stats type) but for those who do, more power to them.

joshnky
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
More forums is not the solution and will just confuse things. Everyone would continue to post as they do now and few if any would ever use the new forum.

Sea Ray
08-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Maybe I'm misreading this but it seems to me GIK could not have been more clear. After reading through over 50 posts on the subject, the decision's already made:

GIK:

I understand how some of you guys feel in your desire for such a forum, but IMO, it is not necessary. Those conversations are baseball discussions, which can take place in the standard baseball forums. It also causes our staff to read nearly every thread and then have to decide if it includes sabermetrics, then move it. Honestly I don't see it as a necessity.