PDA

View Full Version : Who is Daddy Wags?

Jr's Boy
09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I hear George and Chris say they talk to him.The only Daddy Wags I read about was Leon Wagner, a long time major leaguer who is deceased.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Mark Wagner. I don't know much past that. He just does the trivia questions.

Degenerate39
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I was wondering the same question.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
He's probably the only person in the world besidest Howie Schwab to know more about sports than me.:D

MaineRed
09-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I've heard them mention it a good number of times myself. Marty consistely does it with someone named Jesse Jackson. It makes him sound so unprofesional when he constantly mentions someone that the listners don't know. Pull that stunt working for a college radio station and see what happens.

I'm guessing both of them are some sort of producer for the broadcast and that is what Grande and Marty should let them do. You don't hear Bob Costas or Al Michaels having some inside conversation with some dude behind the scenes while he is on the air. That would be the dumbest thing in the world. Which is why Marty and Grande do it, because they are both dumb.

jhiller21
09-03-2007, 05:04 AM
He's like ESPN's Schwab but in ML baseball. The guy knows just about everything (especially Reds) as far as records and stats are concerned. If he diesn't know he has the means to look it up quickly.

dougflynn23
09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
He's probably the only person in the world besidest Howie Schwab to know more about sports than me.:D :eek:What about that Mike from Fairfield guy who calls in to all the local tak shows?

goreds2
09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
There is a Daddy Wags in Columbus, Ohio:

http://www.qfm96.com/showdj.asp?DJID=37010

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 04:06 PM
:eek:What about that Mike from Fairfield guy who calls in to all the local tak shows?I don't listen to many talk shows. Who is this dude?:)

redsupport
09-03-2007, 08:10 PM
he is the hybridized form of Mike de la Hoz and Don Heffner

gilpdawg
09-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I've heard them mention it a good number of times myself. Marty consistely does it with someone named Jesse Jackson. It makes him sound so unprofesional when he constantly mentions someone that the listners don't know. Pull that stunt working for a college radio station and see what happens.

I'm guessing both of them are some sort of producer for the broadcast and that is what Grande and Marty should let them do. You don't hear Bob Costas or Al Michaels having some inside conversation with some dude behind the scenes while he is on the air. That would be the dumbest thing in the world. Which is why Marty and Grande do it, because they are both dumb.
Thom and Johnny Bench used to mention Jesse Jackson way back when they were on Channel 5 together. He's been there forever, whoever he is.