PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Reds catcher Ryan Jorgenson suspended for 50 games

TippyDrunks
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Cincinnati Reds catcher Ryan Jorgenson was suspended for 50 games Friday, the third player penalized this year under Major League Baseball's drug program.

The announcement from the commissioner's office did not cite a failed drug test, making it unclear why he was being suspended.

Jorgenson, a 28-year-old originally signed by the Chicago Cubs in 2000, played four games each for Florida in 2005 and the Reds this year. He was optioned to Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 27 and was not recalled when active rosters expanded last weekend.

Two other players have been suspended this year under the major league program.

Tampa Bay pitcher Juan Salas was suspended for 50 games on May 7 following a positive test for a banned performance-enhancing substance. Detroit infielder Neifi Perez was suspended for 25 games on July 6 when he tested positive for a second time for a banned stimulant, then was suspended for 80 games on Aug. 3 following a third positive test for a banned stimulant.

Prf15
09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
It says he didn't fail a drug test. Did someone find out about the Mastur?

OSUmed2010
09-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Someone on ORG had a quote from rotoworld stating that it wasn't related to performance-enhancing drugs.

Reds Freak
09-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Someone on ORG had a quote from rotoworld stating that it wasn't related to performance-enhancing drugs.

Not performance-enhancers. Hmm, hopefully him and Josh didn't get to know each other too well during their time together in Louisville and Cincinnati...

realreds1
09-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Not performance-enhancers. Hmm, hopefully him and Josh didn't get to know each other too well during their time together in Louisville and Cincinnati...

I wasn't aware Hamilton was an addict during his rehab stint at Louisville earlier this season. Perhaps you could shed some light on your foolish comment?

Reds Freak
09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I wasn't aware Hamilton was an addict during his rehab stint at Louisville earlier this season. Perhaps you could shed some light on your foolish comment?

Easy realreds easy, I wasn't saying he is an addict. But Hamilton WAS an addict. He did some hard stuff for four years and is only 2 years or so off of the stuff. We've heard his stories 100 times. Josh is driven to the ball park, someone else handles his meal money, obviously he wants to make sure he stays straight and doesn't give into temptation because temptation can be very attractive when trying to recover from such a terrible addiction...

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-07-2007, 10:04 PM
why is it only these minimal, no name players get busted...do the Barry Bonds types never get tested?

GoReds33
09-07-2007, 10:08 PM
why is it only these minimal, no name players get busted...do the Barry Bonds types never get tested?Yes they get tested. The players that get paid more can afford the medicines and cremes that mask it.:cool:

Boston Red
09-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Hamilton is still an addict. Once an addict, always an addict. It's not something you cure.

thatcoolguy_22
09-07-2007, 11:26 PM

perhaps you could tone it down for a minute and actually READ what he said! geesh

i really need to finish reading threads before quoting ridiculous comments

AmarilloRed
09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Josh Hamilton has suffered drug addiction in his past. The member is correct that is not something you ever completely recover from and Josh has admitted as much. I would expect that he is now past that particular phase of his life, but you can never be completely sure. As for Jorgensen, I look forward to the Commisioner's office explaining their actions.

WMR
09-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Easy realreds easy, I wasn't saying he is an addict. But Hamilton WAS an addict. He did some hard stuff for four years and is only 2 years or so off of the stuff. We've heard his stories 100 times. Josh is driven to the ball park, someone else handles his meal money, obviously he wants to make sure he stays straight and doesn't give into temptation because temptation can be very attractive when trying to recover from such a terrible addiction...

Once an addict, always an addict. Just ask any addict.

WMR
09-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Josh Hamilton would call himself a drug addict to anyone who asked. A RECOVERING addict, to be sure, but an addict nonetheless.

Screwball
09-08-2007, 01:07 AM
why is it only these minimal, no name players get busted...do the Barry Bonds types never get tested?

Rafael Palmeiro says :wave:.

thatcoolguy_22
09-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Rafael Palmeiro says :wave:.

actually he says nothing. He hasn't been heard of since he was busted. Might be in Korea talking to juicy girls as we speak chasing down a new strain of the hiv but who can tell nowadays...

09-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Thatcoolguy_22
Does you name imply that there are 21 other thatcoolguys out there?

:cool:

WMR
09-08-2007, 04:40 AM
actually he says nothing. He hasn't been heard of since he was busted. Might be in Korea talking to juicy girls as we speak chasing down a new strain of the hiv but who can tell nowadays...

WHAT?????????????

Degenerate39
09-08-2007, 06:58 AM
This could possibly be one of the worst threads in Redszone history

redhawkfish
09-08-2007, 07:47 AM
This could possibly be one of the worst threads in Redszone history

I disagree. It is the worst thread I have ever seen. I would

rather see another "Adam Dunn is garbage/Adam Dunn is God"

thread than this!:thumbdown

TippyDrunks
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Sorry guys for posting this thread!!!!!! Please feel free to remove the thread Mods. I was just passing along some info to you all

TippyDrunks
09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh don't I get an award for the worst thread started ever on RedsZone.com

I never won an award before :D

Degenerate39
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Sorry guys for posting this thread!!!!!! Please feel free to remove the thread Mods. I was just passing along some info to you all

It's not your fault I just think this thread made an ugly turn

AmarilloRed
09-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Has anyone heard the reason why he was suspended for 50 games? The Commisioner's Office should explain why he was suspended. I read that another member suggested recreational drugs, but I have heard no hard facts.

REDblooded
09-10-2007, 03:27 AM
I can understand realreds frustration.....It's pretty annoying that any time something with drugs comes up, so does Josh Hamilton's name.....it's not funny, find a new schtick.

Triples
09-10-2007, 11:00 AM
couldn't agree more Redblood. I don't pretend to understand how addictions happen but unless you're heartless you have to commend anyone who is able to kick one the way Hamilton has. It's at the very least insensitive and at the worst cruel to bring Hamilton into evey discussion about anything related to drugs (performance enhancing or otherwise). Especially, when we don't even know what Jorgensen has been accused of. Mods, the thread has merit but can you at least just take out the messages relating to Hamilton; they add nothing to the orginal topic.

I can understand realreds frustration.....It's pretty annoying that any time something with drugs comes up, so does Josh Hamilton's name.....it's not funny, find a new schtick.

TippyDrunks
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I totally agree 100% with ya Triples. I never intended for this thread to have anything to do with Josh Hamilton's past, just about what happen to Jorgenson and trying to find out why he was suspended.

In my opinion (like we all got butt holes) Josh Hamilton will have a great future ahead of him and nobody will be talking about his past.

Degenerate39
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I totally agree 100% with ya Triples. I never intended for this thread to have anything to do with Josh Hamilton's past, just about what happen to Jorgenson and trying to find out why he was suspended.

In my opinion (like we all got butt holes) Josh Hamilton will have a great future ahead of him and nobody will be talking about his past.

Everyone will always talk about his past. It turns into a feel good story eventually

TippyDrunks
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
very true :)