View Full Version : krivsky cant throw in the towel

redsupport
09-23-2007, 12:49 AM
on the deal
majik and bray not good

burton solid

fadetoblack2880
09-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Bray has plenty of potential. Hasn't played alot this year, he'll be fine. I agree with you on Burton. Majewski shows signs of being a good reliever, but seems to make at least one mistake each time out. I'm not sold on him.

Krawhitham
09-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Yesterday was the perfect "The Trade" day, Bray puts them the Magic Man lets them in, Reds lose. And the other two Kearns & Lopez went 0-10, Nats lose

jnwohio
09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I thought Majic was throwing about as well Saturday as I have seen him throw as a Red. He made some really nasty pitches to Vizquel and got him. Then he made two totally nasty pitches to Durham for called strikes before he got burned on the broken bat blooper.

And for those who did not see it, I don't think "broken bat" does it justice. The bat was absolutley snapped in two, sawed off, but the Durham managed to fist it just enough to get it by Majic and it hopped between Phillips and Kepp.

I suppose the pitch could have been a little further in or a little more up; but, the blog stuff I saw in C.Trent's postgame section seemed to indicate MacKanin felt like it was a good enough pitch; and it was just one of those baseball things that it got through for the game winning hit. I can understand with the bases loaded that they did not really want to waste a pitch or risk throwing something in the dirt even at 0-2, given that it was probably right where they wanted it.

All that said, it does seem like Bray and Majic both cannot quite get over the hump. I think we need to wait at least into next season however before we write them and the deal off. It looks like they both will come in healthy next spring and hopefully stay that way. Then maybe we can see what they are really made of.

AmarilloRed
09-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Bray looked really good early on, but lately has been really terrible. Majewski has been good at times, but suffers because he does not seem to have an out pitch. All of this is a small sample size, and I imagine 2008 will be the year a decision is finally made on the two of them.

redsfanmia
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Let it die the trade was made and the reality is that it wasnt a bad deal at all. Kearns and Lopez are not exactly all-stars and we dont have to pay them. Would you rather have Hamilton and Gonzalez/Keppinger or Kearns or Lopez?

Krawhitham
09-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I would rather have Kearns, Hamilton, JR in the outfield with Dunn let go

BP at SS Lopez at 2B with Kep as supper sub and Freel released

HokieRed
09-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Best players in the trade were Harris and Thompson.

Number_Fourteen
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Yeah, Kearns or Griffey over Dunn. The strikeouts, huh? :rolleyes:

GoReds33
09-23-2007, 08:19 PM

BP at SS Lopez at 2B with Kep as supper sub and Freel releasedI would let Griffey go, and keep Dunn. Other than that, I wish that was an option.:)

AmarilloRed
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
We do miss Kearns' right-handed power bat in the lineup.

durl
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Let it die the trade was made and the reality is that it wasnt a bad deal at all. Kearns and Lopez are not exactly all-stars and we dont have to pay them. Would you rather have Hamilton and Gonzalez/Keppinger or Kearns or Lopez?

+1

I like the way The Trade has worked out. We have to remember that the Trade wasn't just player-for-player. Rather, the Trade resulted in ancillary trades and activity that brought us Hamilton, Phillips, and Keppinger.

GoReds33
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
We do miss Kearns' right-handed power bat in the lineup.Yeah, but maybe, just maybe Cantu might be able to make up for it. He was overrated offensivly here though. Look at his numbers this year. .264/.351/.404, 14 homers, and 66 rbis. Those numbers will likely go up with his new ballpark next year, but GABP defenitly inflated them. I do think that if Cantu played every day he would produce much better offensivly. I think maybe 24-28 homers, and 100 rbis. Granted, I'm trying to stay positive that Kearns isn't here anymore.:)

DTCromer
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Even though I'm not a big fan of Adam Dunn, he's much, much, much better than Austin.

thatcoolguy_22
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Lets see you said we should have given away (for 2 draftpicks at least) a 27 year old outfielder who happens to OPS .940, has 40HR, 106 RBI, 100 Runs and, 101 BB in 2007.

So we can intentionally start a 27 year old outfielder who is OPS .755, has 14 HR, 66 RBI, 78 Runs and, 67 BB in 2007?

:dunno:

But wait, you probably think we could have used the money we saved by losing our biggest bat to pick up an over priced number 4 quality starter and a couple of middle relief rejects... I see you logic :thumbdown