PDA

View Full Version : what package from direct tv do we get fsn ohio

robmadden1
10-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I am getting direct tv on friday I want to know if I will be getting fsn or not. Can you get it on the choice package or do you have to pay exatra to add it on to the package?

HalMorrisRules
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
You get your local regional sports network (RSN) included with the basic package. If you want access to all of the RSNs then you have to buy the sports pack.

robmadden1
10-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for letting me know because on direct tv's site it says we dont get fsn. If any of you have direct tv can you tell me what package you got andwhat channels come with it so i am not suprised if I loose channels I get with time warner now. I hope to get wgn but its not a big lose if i dont get it. Direct tv's site for the lineup seem to be wron since it does not show the local fsn's in any of the packages except the one with every single channel.

Degenerate39
10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for letting me know because on direct tv's site it says we dont get fsn. If any of you have fsn can you tell me what package you got andwhat channels come with it so i am not suprised if I loose channels i get with time warner now.

You can get all the FSN channels with one package but I forget which one it is.

robmadden1
10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
What i ment was whats are lineup, what channels do we get here in the cincinnati area for the packages. I think my mom ordered the choice package.

GoReds33
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
What i ment was whats are lineup, what channels do we get here in the cincinnati area for the packages. I think my mom ordered the choice package.From what I read, you get FSN Cincinnati. It didn't list anymore local sports channels for free. I do recommend the sports pack though. It has everything you want.:)

robmadden1
10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I would order it but my mom is paying the bill lol. But anyway ion the basic package do we get WGN?

bengalsown
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
You get it in basic.

bengalsown
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
I would order it but my mom is paying the bill lol. But anyway ion the basic package do we get WGN?

Yes.

robmadden1
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Am I correct the bassic package is the choice package not choice xtra that we get WGN in? Sorry for all the questions.

durl
10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Each subscriber gets an RSN. Since you're in Cincinnati you should get FSN Ohio as your RSN. If you subscribe to the Sports Pack you'll get all the other RSNs but you won't get to watch major sporting events on those because of various league broadcast contracts. However, the Sports Pack will get you a secondary RSN and I'm not sure what that will be. Go to Directv's website and go to Packages/Local Sports Network and enter your ZIP. That will tell show your primary and secondary RSNs and the teams you'll be able to watch.

And I believe WGN is available on the Choice Xtra package.

I(heart)Freel
10-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I got a related but different question.

I just hopped the Time Warner ship (at long last!) and joined the DirecTV revolution. But it was essentially after the Reds season ended.

How many (if any) Reds games did DirecTV carry in high def this year? I think I saw someone say that they occasionally showed up on different channels.

I am hoping with all the new HD channels being added that Fox Sports Ohio/Cincinnati will be in HD. Cuz I had to drive to a Covington bar to watch the Redlegs in HD. Not that that sucked too much. I like Covington girls fine.

Anywho, can someone who's had DTV for a while share what they know? Thanks in advance.

durl
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I only saw a few games in HD via Directv (D*). D* has a couple channels set aside for HD RSN broadcasts but the Reds weren't there that often. But that's last season...

FSN Ohio and FSN Cincinnati are scheduled to be available in HD later this year so hopefully Reds games in HD will be more frequent next year. We can hope that MOST games will be in HD next season.

I(heart)Freel
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks! That's awesome news.

Although the bartenders in the COV just took a hit to their earnings.

:beerme:

jmac
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Has anything been announced yet on how many games are gonna be televised next season?