PDA

View Full Version : 2008 LF: Bruce or Griffey

EddieMilner
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Who would you rather see playing in LF in 2008, Griffey or Bruce? No trade, or anything else. Would you rather see Bruce at AAA for another year, or Griffey being a sub for the year?

jimbo
10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Where are you putting Dunn?

To answer the question, if I have a choice between a healthy Griffey or a prospect who has never played in a major league game, I take Griffey every time. Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade Junior and put Bruce in RF, but you mentioned "no trade."

Casey
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Griffey no doubt, as long as he is healthy.

Prf15
10-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Even Jay Bruce voted for Griffey......

Degenerate39
10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Adam Dunn :D

kbrake
10-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Assuming you meant RF, Jay Bruce.

Hey Meat
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Who would you rather see playing in LF in 2008, Griffey or Bruce? No trade, or anything else. Would you rather see Bruce at AAA for another year, or Griffey being a sub for the year?

Where is Dunn? Surely not first we have Votto now.

Degenerate39
10-18-2007, 09:26 PM
This is the outfield I want to see:

Left- Dunn
Center- Bruce
Right- Hamilton

GoReds33
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
This is the outfield I want to see:

Left- Dunn
Center- Bruce
Right- HamiltonI would like to see that. They say that Hamilton will be moved back to center in a few years, if we have him, after Bruce loses that youngster speed. I still think this outfield would be awesome.:)

AmarilloRed
10-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I voted Ken Griffey Jr. for RF. I like Jay Bruce, but I want him to spend some more time in AAA, and be a starting outfielder in 2009.

Stephenk29
10-18-2007, 11:01 PM
I vote Griffey. He is still producing. Although Bruce is simply awesome there are no guarantees in the bigs. Alex Gordon absolutely dominated at every level more so than Bruce and he struggled in the bigs. I don't see the rush considering we have a very feasible outfield as it is. If the Reds gave Bruce a starting job next year I would see that as nothing more than a rebuilding year.

Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey

2009 - Dunn, Bruce, Hamilton

Gizmo
10-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I vote Griffey. He is still producing. Although Bruce is simply awesome there are no guarantees in the bigs. Alex Gordon absolutely dominated at every level more so than Bruce and he struggled in the bigs. I don't see the rush considering we have a very feasible outfield as it is. If the Reds gave Bruce a starting job next year I would see that as nothing more than a rebuilding year.

Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey

what he said.

EddieMilner
10-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Sorry about that - It was supposed to be RF. I was laying in bed last night and I thought to myself, "Did I put LF on that poll? No I couldn't be that stupid." Correction - I am that stupid.

durl
10-19-2007, 08:52 AM

Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey

+1.

I couldn't have said it better.

Chi-Town Red
10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Bruce if he's ready...

Stephenk29
10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Although I'm getting +1s all over the place I'm still going to change my mind somewhat haha. I think he's obviously ready now that I think about it. Gordon made the jump but he struggled. Most rookies do, its just part of the process. He has to go through some growing pains at some point. Not everyone can be Ryan Braun. I just don't see the sense in keeping him down there now if he doesn't need to be. We left Bailey down there when we all knew he was going to get called up anyway. We left him in the minors when he could have been helping us out. Could Bailey really have done any worse then some of our starters? If he did so what we still know he is going to get better. Bailey has more upside than Lohse obviously (Lohse isn't going to get much better). He could have got some big league seasoning and learned the hitters and so on. I say we definitely bring him up if he's ready, but if we do we HAVE to start him, and we should....in Center.

AdamDunn
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
TRADE GRIFFEY for prospects. Sign Hunter or Cameron for CF. So we have the following 2008

LF- Dunn
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- Hamilton

Then for 2009
LF- Bruce
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- Hamilton

RedR8R
10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Good chance there won't be a decision to be made. More likely that Jr. will get hurt in spring training or early in the season and Bruce is forced to play.

Old NDN
10-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Griffey.

GoReds33
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
TRADE GRIFFEY for prospects. Sign Hunter or Cameron for CF. So we have the following 2008

LF- Dunn
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- Hamilton

Then for 2009
LF- Bruce
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- HamiltonIf we did that it would completly kill any ideas we may have of better pitching next year. First off we need to kill any ideas that we would get good level prospects for Griffey. If we trade him it would strictly be a money thing. That's why if we do end up trading him, all that money needs to be immediatly given to any good pitcher who wants to come to Cincinnat.:)

Degenerate39
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM

LF- Dunn
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- Hamilton

Then for 2009
LF- Bruce
CF- Cameron/Hunter
RF- Hamilton

I'd say Hunter would be more expensive than Dunn but not as productive offensively. When Hamilton gets in good baseball shape he'll be a better defensive player in Centerfield. Remember this has been Hamilton's first year playing in a while so of course he's going to be injury prone, that's a lot of stress on your body when your not use to it. Dunn has improved in pretty much all aspects of the game last year and he had a bad knee. He should be even better next year once that knee is healed.

And it would be a waste of a good arm if you put Bruce in Left field in 09.

AdamDunn
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
If we did that it would completly kill any ideas we may have of better pitching next year. First off we need to kill any ideas that we would get good level prospects for Griffey. If we trade him it would strictly be a money thing. That's why if we do end up trading him, all that money needs to be immediatly given to any good pitcher who wants to come to Cincinnat.:)

Here's the real question. Do we want to sign Dunn to a long-term contract and have three power lefties (Dunn, Bruce, Hamilton) in the outfield and another power lefty in the infield (Votto) or do we want to try to make sure that our team doesn't die against lefties and get a righty in there.

Some might say Cameron/Hunter are CF and we already have two possible CF in Hamilton and Bruce. But neither are natural CFs and I would rather have three CF type players than Dunn in LF. I don't think this team has anyplace for Dunn following this year unless he shows he can put up the numbers he put on this past year again (which I don't think he can do).

GoReds33
10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Here's the real question. Do we want to sign Dunn to a long-term contract and have three power lefties (Dunn, Bruce, Hamilton) in the outfield and another power lefty in the infield (Votto) or do we want to try to make sure that our team doesn't die against lefties and get a righty in there.

Some might say Cameron/Hunter are CF and we already have two possible CF in Hamilton and Bruce. But neither are natural CFs and I would rather have three CF type players than Dunn in LF. I don't think this team has anyplace for Dunn following this year unless he shows he can put up the numbers he put on this past year again (which I don't think he can do).If we don't sign Dunn long term, we should pick up his option anyway. If we let him go next year, we would have a good shot of getting a terrific pitcher in the market. This year is way to bleek.:)