PDA

View Full Version : Minor transactions

AmarilloRed
10-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Roster moves: The Reds announced that pitcher Tom Shearn and catcher Alvin Colina cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Louisville. Shearn was 3-0 with a 4.96 ERA in seven games, including six starts with Cincinnati as a 30-year-old rookie. He spent most of 2007 at Louisville. Colina was claimed off waivers from the Rockies' Triple-A club in September.

ChatterRed
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Is Colina any good?

Prf15
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Is Colina any good?

Doesn't look to be good offensively. He had a .563 OPS last year in AAA.

onefortheroad
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Shearn was the one pitcher who did well when he was called up. I believe he had 4 quality starts (out of 6 starts) against teams fighting for playoffs in playoff environments.

What pitchers, currently on the 40-man, fix the pitching problems? Besides Harang, Arroyo, Weathers, and Burton every pitcher called up failed pretty miserably last year. Please let me know who you want to see make the team out of spring. Shearn would make a perfect long man/spot starter, where Sarloos, Gosling, and Santos failed last year.

I can see why the Reds haven't had a winning season in over ten years.

Bip Roberts
10-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Shearn was the one pitcher who did well when he was called up. I believe he had 4 quality starts (out of 6 starts) against teams fighting for playoffs in playoff environments.

What pitchers, currently on the 40-man, fix the pitching problems? Besides Harang, Arroyo, Weathers, and Burton every pitcher called up failed pretty miserably last year. Please let me know who you want to see make the team out of spring. Shearn would make a perfect long man/spot starter, where Sarloos, Gosling, and Santos failed last year.

im pretty sure the move is just to make room on the 40 man.

JoseRijo059
10-30-2007, 08:06 PM

....seven years...but who's counting...

gedred69
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I see Shearn's one chance being a middle reliever, following a hard thrower. Maybe he could be effective at effecting a hitter's timing. That's about it. No such spot? Then he has no spot, IMO.