PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry involved in an "incident"

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ee2f0a42-718c-4044-a62c-8357680c2953

Here's the nuts and bolts of the police report:

Newport Police Incident Report indicates the alleged incident took place Tuesday night (6:53pm) in Newport involving, "menancing" and "harassment" charges.

Henry and a friend were allegedly invovled in an incident at Newport on the Levee with a valet parking attendant....after Henry parked the car and left without paying. As attendant approached Henry, he became loud and started arguing over parking.

The parking attendant states Henry went chest to chest with him....saying...."F-you....F-this....don't you know who I am?". The parking attendant states Henry then threw a five dollar bill onto the ground and said, "You better pick that up *****".

After attendant stated he was calling the police, both suspects fled in their vehicle across the Taylor Suspension Bridge into Cincinnati.

Both suspects later returned to Newport On The Levee.
Henry and suspect two were banned from Newport on the Levee by security and asked to leave.
Complaintant located officers a few minutes later stating both suspects walked past him on the way to the elevator and stated to him, "F--- you, you better hope I don't see you again."

DTCromer
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
...I've seen the police report, but I don't have a link at this time

Arrested? Willie just said there was an incident report filed.

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Arrested? Willie just said there was an incident report filed.

See above...incident report posted

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
...I've seen the police report, but I don't have a link at this time I hope he never plays again.

HotCorner
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Considering the recent erroneous reports regarding Chris Henry, I'm waiting on more info.

Matt700wlw
To be fair, I am too...

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
...I've seen the police report, but I don't have a link at this time, but here's the jist of it...

Newport Police Incident Report indicates the alleged incident took place Tuesday night (6:53pm) in Newport involving, "menancing" and "harassment" charges.

Henry and a friend were allegedly invovled in an incident at Newport on the Levee with a valet parking attendant....after Henry parked the car and left without paying. As attendant approached Henry, he became loud and started arguing over parking.

The parking attendant states Henry went chest to chest with him....saying...."F-you....F-this....don't you know who I am?". The parking attendant states Henry then threw a five dollar bill onto the ground and said, "You better pick that up *****".

After attendant stated he was calling the police, both suspects fled in their vehicle across the Taylor Suspension Bridge into Cincinnati.

Both suspects later returned to Newport On The Levee.
Henry and suspect two were banned from Newport on the Levee by security and asked to leave.
Complaintant located officers a few minutes later stating both suspects walked past him on the way to the elevator and stated to him, "F--- you, you better hope I don't see you again."
" Don't you know who I am" uh your that guy who gets arrested all the time right. What an idiot. This should be enough to land him out atleast the rest of the year.

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Bengals react to Henry news

A spokesman for the Bengals says "We are aware of the reports. At this point it's not clear that anything substansive will develop."

Johnny Footstool
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I fully expect Chris Henry to be arrested on the field, during a play at some point in the near future.

"Palmer back to pass, he's got Henry down the sidelines...OH! Henry is swarmed by police officers! And the pass falls incomplete."

registerthis
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

A spokesman for the Bengals says "We are aware of the reports. At this point it's not clear that anything substansive will develop."

Translation: "So long as he's not arrested, we're fine with it."

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Translation: "So long as he's not arrested, we're fine with it."

..or innocent until proven guilty.

Isn't that the American way?

bucksfan2
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Im sorry this kind of stuff really irritates me. That is radio hosts who use their entire show that promote non news such as this. Cunningham wasnt involved with the incident. He doesn't know all the details about the incident, he doesn't know much. That said he talks about this for most of his show. A lady in the office had it on and he kept talking about it and talking about it, even when they were talking about the reds they talked about Henry. This kind of radio is what has led me to listen to nothing but NPR.

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
We can't ignore it....as long as we state it's an accusation and an incident report and not an arrest....which is what it is...

This isn't the first accusation he's had to deal with since his suspension, none of which ended up having any substance...

I plan on looking at this the same way until proven otherwise...

forfreelin04
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
"Henry and a friend were allegedly invovled in an incident at Newport on the Levee with a valet parking attendant....after Henry parked the car and left without paying. As attendant approached Henry, he became loud and started arguing over parking."

If Henry parked his own car and bypassed the valet parking it for him, is he still obligated to tip or pay for the valet? My guess is no. He was out of line to get in the valet's face... but who's to say the valet did not start the confrontation? If Henry dropped the dude 5 bucks, he still paid the guy for doing basically nothing. The expletives are just bad taste and not a criminal offense.

Bad behavior follows bad people, but this is laughable. If he wasn't a football star or a repeat criminal offender you would hear nothing of this. I mean what's next? I'm sure soon we'll hear about how he took unauthorized candy into the movie theater.

Sea Ray
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Sounds like there was an argument, (admittedly he was acting like a punk) and that was it. It's not a crime to be a punk and have an argument. Sounds like he stopped just short of doing something to jeopardize his job but you wonder if he will "the next time."

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
More information from Mark Curnutte

Is the incident enough to jeopardize Henry's status for the game?

"Based on the info below (report), the answer would be no," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail to The Enquirer after viewing this report. "It is not an issue in terms of his playing status at this time."

Aiello is NFL Senior Vice President of Public Relations.

Henry spoke to the media earlier today. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, through a team media relations official, said Henry had been told only to answer football-related questions.

Henry would have no comment on the Newport incident, Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said. The club had no additional comment as of 3 p.m. The Bengals view it as a non-substantive issue, Brennan added.

"I'm really excited to get out there and help my teammates," Henry told a group of reporters and TV cameras.

To pursue charges against Henry would require Baker visiting the Campbell County Attorney’s office, which would review the incident and decide if charges were appropriate. There’s also the possibility that the county attorney would require the sides to go through mediation before the issuance of charges.

"Legally any misdemeanor such as this needs to be filed within one year," Campbell County Attorney Justin Verst. "But as a practical matter the longer somebody sits on it and doesn’t do anything the less serious we're going to take it."

marcshoe
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Do you know who I am? Seriously?

istm that Henry wanting people to know who he is at this point suggests a radical disconnect with reality.

Degenerate39
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Just get him off the team. Him and Pacman give WVU a bad name.

flyer85
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM

A spokesman for the Bengals says "We are aware of the reports. At this point it's not clear that anything substansive will develop."the only substantive thing should be his release ... but the Bengals aren't that smart.

KYRedsFan
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
This sounds bunk. Isn't the levee equipped with the machines that you have to pay via the machines at the elevator banks, so there is no way to leave that way without paying. And if he was in the valet lot, then yeah, how did he get in without paying. This sounds like the guy was mad cause perhaps he didn't get tipped. Jerk move, but not illegal, and then likely started something.

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Does the Levee have cameras in these lots?

That'd be good to know...

Chip R
11-07-2007, 08:03 PM
This sounds bunk. Isn't the levee equipped with the machines that you have to pay via the machines at the elevator banks, so there is no way to leave that way without paying. And if he was in the valet lot, then yeah, how did he get in without paying. This sounds like the guy was mad cause perhaps he didn't get tipped. Jerk move, but not illegal, and then likely started something.

The garages are but it doesn't sound like he parked in a garage. I'm not sure how the valet parking works there. Do they pay before or after they get the car?

paintmered
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
It seems like there's a new "Chris Henry in trouble again" thread every 2-3 months.

RedFanAlways1966
11-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Non-story. But too bad Mr. Ego cannot keep his name out of off-the-field headlines. On the bright side... this time he did not seem to be wearing his Bengals jersey and did not point a gun at the parking guy. Baby steps, baby steps.

MaineRed
11-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Don Shula blames Carson Palmer. Says Bob Griese would never let such a thing happen with one of his recievers.

RedFanAlways1966
11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Don Shula blames Carson Palmer. Says Bob Griese would never let such a thing happen with one of his recievers.

Too bad Bob didn't counsel RB Mercury Morris a bit more! ;)

GAC
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Situations like this, regardless if they are minor or a non-criminal offense, only shows me that this kid is a grade A egotistical idiot and will get into trouble again at some point in the future. He's basically going to be on "probation", meaning, they are going to be watching him, so he should be smart enough (and that is debatable) to realize he needs to take a low profile right now, not draw any attention to himself, and avoid even minor situations like this.

He obviously can't.

acredsfan
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Working at a bank in Clifton, I've seen people who have no money and no real reason to have an ego put up fights worse than this. Also, with my girlfriend living and Mason, I've also seen rich people do the same thing. They try to intimidate and act like three year olds and it is annoying, but in the end the only thing you can do is laugh it off an move on. Yeah, he obviously has no class assuming this really happened, but there is nothing illegal with that. You are also only getting one side of the story. I know people who instigate things like that and then act like they are the victim, not that I am suggesting that was the situation, but that is very possible.

What I really find funny is a grown man going up to a police officer like a first grader does with a teacher to taddle on someone. Yeah, Chris Henry shouldn't have done it, but was it really worth keeping the confrontation going over $5? Just walk away and let it go.

Matt700wlw
11-07-2007, 10:19 PM
What I really find funny is a grown man going up to a police officer like a first grader does with a teacher to taddle on someone. Yeah, Chris Henry shouldn't have done it, but was it really worth keeping the confrontation going over $5? Just walk away and let it go.

Probably a Steeler fan :D

macro
11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
The Bengals will welcome him back with open arms, regardless of what he does off the field. And who knows? Maybe with him back catching balls they can go 6-10 instead of 4-12.

savafan
11-08-2007, 02:25 AM
It almost makes me feel sometimes like there are actually people in the city looking to get Chris Henry in trouble...

camisadelgolf
11-08-2007, 04:39 AM
I hope this doesn't result in any kind of suspension. Chris Henry's on my RedsZone fantasy team, and I'm weak at wide receiver.

GAC
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
It almost makes me feel sometimes like there are actually people in the city looking to get Chris Henry in trouble...

They don't have to look far! :D

Chip R
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
They don't have to look far! :D

True enough. He makes it awful easy on them. I thought Henry should have been cut after that last run in with the law that he had - not the rent-a-car thing. That was just Exhibit 634 that shows the Bengals are not a disciplined team and if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.

macro
11-08-2007, 01:11 PM
...if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.

I am and I do.

Roy Tucker
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Henry is a blithering idiot.

The guy has gotten repeatedly suspended from the NFL. The commish continues to bring the hammer down on him even harder. And he responds with this little piece of drama.

If he wants to play, the guy needs to not be even in the same county as any kind of trouble. And anyone with half a brain would know that. He very evidently doesn't get it.

He'll get by this little scrape, but I'll lay you even odds, it's just a matter of time before he's suspended again.

SunDeck
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
True enough. He makes it awful easy on them. I thought Henry should have been cut after that last run in with the law that he had - not the rent-a-car thing. That was just Exhibit 634 that shows the Bengals are not a disciplined team and if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.

Yep, at some point character has to count for something. It's one thing if a kid screws up, takes his lumps, but dedicates himself to proving that he puts the team first. But when a kid continues to act like a chump, despite knowing that the eyes of the community are on him, it goes to character. And I don't care if he didn't get arrested; if that is the bar the Bengals believe they should be striving for, then they are a lost cause indeed.

Athletes complain they are not role models. No one is asking him to visit sick children or set up a community foundation. But whether he likes it or not, the team Henry plays on is Cincinnati's representative in a national sports enterprise. Whether it's fair or not, that team's performance and the conduct of their players on and off the field has a bearing on how other communities perceive Cincinnati.

He is an embarrassment to the team and the team's tolerance of him damages their reputation and their standing within the NFL as perceived by fans of other towns. I live 150 miles away from Cincinnati, in Colts country, and I'll be the first to tell you that the Bengals are a national joke. I don't wear a Bengals logo, despite being a fan, because I don't want to have be asked why the Bengals are such a clown operation.

Take a stand Mike and Marvin. Send the kid packing. He's an idiot, an extremely talented athlete who doesn't understand the difference between using one's gifts and being god's gift.

WMR
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
He'll be in prison someday.

GAC
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I think most have a problem with someone whose response, during an altercation, is "Do you know who I am?".... as if you are better or above them or the rule of law.

Henry seems to want to learn the wrong way. And he'll be the first to come out with the excuse that he is a "victim" and/or being singled out or picked on. These type of people are oblivious to what is going on.

camisadelgolf
11-09-2007, 02:48 AM
It's not his fault that he was blessed with talent, and it's not his fault that he was taught that he can live on talent alone. However, despite it not being his fault, he needs to take responsibility and put it behind him if he wants to achieve what he wants to achieve.

I bet long before he ever saw a football field, he was a victim. Maybe he had bad parenting--or nearly no parenting, for that matter. Maybe he grew up in a rough neighborhood. Maybe he has an undisclosed mental disorder. Maybe it's a combination of many things that we'll never know. Whatever it is, I have sympathy for him because he couldn't control any of that.

What he has lacked his entire life is discipline, and it's probably way too late to teach it to him now. Unless things suddenly click for him in kind of a Josh Hamilton way, he'll probably never be (what we see as) a quality person. I think a lot of us would act similarly if we lacked that much discipline and were freakishly talented. You'll never see me criticize him, and I feel sorry for the people who do criticize him because it problems stems from their own problems, whatever they may be, from ignorance to jealousy to something in between.