PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Winter Forecast

HalMorrisRules
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Go read this if you want to feel dumber than when you began. It is so factually inaccurate it makes it irrelevant. Where does ESPN get these writers?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=3093094

GoReds33
11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
That wasn't a terrible read. I think he has the basic premice of what they need. Obdviously two veteran starters with a 4.5 era isn't going to help us much, but we do need a decent starter or two. I think that they will have to look at a big name or two. This guy seems to think we won't look at any of them. I really hope they make some commitments this offseason. He also didn't put enough in the trade bait section. Obdviously this team has more to trade than Dunn or Griffey.

gedred69
11-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Go read this if you want to feel dumber than when you began. It is so factually inaccurate it makes it irrelevant. Where does ESPN get these writers?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=3093094

Wow! I can't believe how much really important stuff this reporter isn't aware of. Go figure. He writes for the Chi-town Herald. Just another reason to dis-like the Cubs and their obnoxious fans. Thank the baseball Gods we don't play them Opening Day,---again! It will be sweet to see GABP dominated by Reds fans:beerme:

*BaseClogger*
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
What a terrible article. If you want to see some good work, go over to si.com and click the MLB home. They have BaseballProspectus's offseason outlook for all 30 teams. Much better stuff...

11-11-2007, 01:03 AM
I stopped reading when he mentioned Todd Coffey as a possible closer for next year.

jnwohio
11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I stopped reading when he mentioned Todd Coffey as a possible closer for next year.

Hey. This guy is (presumably) a Cubs backer. From their point of view what better closer for the Reds than DeCafe.;)

Hey Meat
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
These idiots just make up their own facts and write a story based on them. What garbage-Todd Coffey as closer.