PDA

View Full Version : Current Reds at Joe's Visitation

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-21-2007, 05:59 PM
If what I've heard is incorrect then I will apologize. This may have also been covered in the other threads, I'm not sure. I understand that of the current Reds only 1 came to Joe's visitation (Griffey,Jr). There is simply no excuse for this and if true this is beyond pathetic.

redsfanmia
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I hope this is not true.

Jerry Narron
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Deleted

mroby85
11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
they should have gone as a team to something like that.

Blue
11-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't think it is a coincidence that just one player went to the visitation. The team probably sent one player as team representative. IIRC, this is how the Marge Schott visitation was handled.

You guys should chill.

HalMorrisRules
11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Could they possibly have had a private viewing that players had an opportunity to attend outside of the public viewing?

texasdave
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Sean Casey flew in to pay his last respects. Just sayin'.

GoReds33
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Sean Casey flew in to pay his last respects. Just sayin'.I think we all expected this from Casey. He is a class act. I just wish more players had his mindset.

Bip Roberts
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
No one out side of Griffey Dunn and David Weathers even knew who Joe was. I really dont think this is a big deal.

George Foster
11-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Some of these guys make so much money, they could of hired a private jet, and been back home in time for supper...anywhere in the U.S.

Krawhitham
11-22-2007, 12:04 AM
No one out side of Griffey Dunn and David Weathers even knew who Joe was. I really dont think this is a big deal.

Only players with the reds during Joe's final (full time) season and now are

Dunn
Harang
Freel
Jr

Weathers rejoined the Reds in 05 after playing in only 16 games with the reds in 1998

redsfanmia
11-22-2007, 07:22 AM

He was Joe's favorite player.

redsfanmia
11-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I dont think I will ever say another bad word about Jr he is a class act.

Jerry Narron
11-22-2007, 08:48 AM
He actually drove from Pittsburgh.

ChatterRed
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I dont think I will ever say another bad word about Jr he is a class act.

If Junior would learn to temper his ego at times, along with his mouth, his better side would be shown more often. Stuff like bickering about playing CF, etc.........just doesn't go well with the fans.

I agree Junior can be a class act.

Will M
11-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Honestly outside of a few Reds who have tenure with the team ( Harang, Griffey, Dunn ) how many of them even know who Nuxhall is?

George Foster
11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Honestly outside of a few Reds who have tenure with the team ( Harang, Griffey, Dunn ) how many of them even know who Nuxhall is?

That's like saying how would they know who Bench is? But I get your point. All of them know who Joe is, but might not know him personally. However Joe spent all of spring training with the Reds last year and actually spent some time in the hospital in Sarasota.
Most if not all of them would of met him at some point during spring training.

MaineRed
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
None of the players were Joe's friend. I hardly expect any of the players to jump on a plane and fly to Cincy for this. Griffey has known Joe since he was a kid so he was different.

I'm sure Joe's family was just fine with the service not turning into a who's who of current Reds. The service was about Joe, not the Reds.

Sean Casey is a unique fella. If he was on a Siberian Cruise he probably would have swam ashore so he could make the visitation. Just the kind of guy he is.

BTW, was Marty there or was he too busy golfing?

Degenerate39
11-22-2007, 09:58 PM
BTW, was Marty there or was he too busy golfing?

There's no way Marty would miss Joe's visitation

DannyB
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I can't believe this thread is still open.

jimbo
11-23-2007, 10:17 AM
If Junior would learn to temper his ego at times, along with his mouth, his better side would be shown more often. Stuff like bickering about playing CF, etc.........just doesn't go well with the fans.

This "ego" thing that some fans come up with on Griffey is just downright unfair at times. I don't remember him once "bickering" about not playing CF. That's something that was simply created by the media and those who do not like him. If he did saying something that would be equal to "bickering" about CF, please provide a link and I will stand corrected.

otto
11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Are we even having this discussion?

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Perhaps, I shouldn't even have started this but I still maintain 1 out of 25 players is not acceptable...to say that 24 other players couldnt find the time or didnt know Nuxhall is not acceptable...to me just too many people that dont care about anything anymore except their million dollar salaries...however, I feel the Marty golfing remark was way out of line

nyjwagner
11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I know his might be hard to imagine, but perhaps some did not go out of respect for the family.... This isn't about proving you are a class act. I would imagine that many payed their respects in many ways, showing up and turning his viewing into a dog and pony show is not showing respect, imo.

*BaseClogger*
11-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I know his might be hard to imagine, but perhaps some did not go out of respect for the family.... This isn't about proving you are a class act. I would imagine that many payed their respects in many ways, showing up and turning his viewing into a dog and pony show is not showing respect, imo.

agreed

goreds2
11-24-2007, 09:40 AM
On Wednesdays Hot Stove League Show, Marty B. did question the fact Griffey Jr. was the only current Red at the viewing. He did not seem too happy about it.