PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Joe

Degenerate39
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Nuxhall Fans Seek To Honor Ill Broadcaster

POSTED: 4:21 pm EST November 13, 2007
UPDATED: 6:16 pm EST November 13, 2007

FAIRFIELD, Ohio -- As Cincinnati Reds broadcaster Joe Nuxhall recovers from pneumonia at a Fairfield hospital, some of his fans hope to boost his spirits.

Butler County commissioner Greg Jolivette joined a group Tuesday that kicked off their campaign to enshrine Nuxhall in Baseball’s Hall of Fame.

“So we can have the joy and satisfaction of seeing the ‘Ol’ Left-Hander’ round third and head for the Hall of Fame,” Jolivette said.

Supporters hope Nuxhall fans will register their support for granting Nuxhall baseball’s highest broadcast honor, the Ford C. Fricke Award, by voting once per day through the end of the month at http://hofjoe.com/.

Jolivette said the Hamilton native has met the criteria for longevity and continuity with the club, and he said the broadcaster is immensely popular with Reds fans.

Nuxhall’s longtime broadcast partner, Marty Brenneman, was honored in 2000 with the Fricke award, presented annually to a broadcaster "for major contributions to the game of baseball.”

The former Reds pitcher, the youngest player in Major League history when he made his debut at age 15, was admitted Monday to Mercy Fairfield Hospital after he reported difficulty in breathing.

“He had a hard time breathing and here they find out it's pneumonia,” said his brother, Bob Nuxhall.

The 79-year-old has been undergoing treatment for a fourth bout of cancer after he noticed a knot at the base of his rib cage in August, but his brother said Nuxhall’s spirits remain high.

“Whether it was baseball, football (or) I don't care if it was pool, he's a competitor in every sense of the word,” Bob Nuxhall said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/9300875/detail.html

Previous Stories:
November 13, 2007: Nuxhall Hospitalized With Breathing Trouble
September 27, 2007: Joe Nuxhall To Battle Cancer Again
June 5, 2006: Nuxhall Leaves Hospital But Still Faces More Treatment
May 31, 2006: Nuxhall Starts Radiation Treatment For Tonsil Growth
May 31, 2006: Nuxhall Hospitalized With Double Pneumonia

Vote for Joe as much as you can. This is from the ORG and I didn't see it posted any where here. Just in case you never check the ORG I posted it here. I've been voting every day since I saw this. It would be a great if we could help Joe out.

thatcoolguy_22
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Vote for Joe as much as you can. This is from the ORG and I didn't see it posted any where here. Just in case you never check the ORG I posted it here. I've been voting every day since I saw this. It would be a great if we could help Joe out.

its already been happening from this side big guy :thumbup: