PDA

View Full Version : WK: "We're Still Looking..."

hippie07
11-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Just got finished watching the Cordero press conference and WK said something to the effect of "we're still looking to make the pitching better." This is not that much of a shocking statement, but, nevertheless, I was glad to hear it.

Go get 'em Wayne - we can make our pitching a little better and be a winning team, or we can make a big splash and go for the gold this year.... it's in your hands big guy... choose wisely.... :beerme:

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Coming from Wayne, its a huge comment

GoReds33
11-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Coming from Wayne, its a huge commentGood point. I hope to God they're still looking.

NorrisHopper30
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
What do the Rangers have in terms of SP prospects?

While the Rangers have a touch of interest in Adam Dunn and Coco Crisp, they prefer the idea of acquiring a young bat. Names they like: Fernando Martinez, Carlos Gomez, Carlos Gonzalez, and Matt Kemp. Sullivan notes that the Rangers have talked to the Reds about Josh Hamilton.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
"We're still looking to make the pitching better" translated from Krivskese to English means "We're actively pursuing every viable pitching option in the baseball universe to win now and in the future"

jmac
11-28-2007, 09:00 PM
"We're still looking to make the pitching better" translated from Krivskese to English means "We're actively pursuing every viable pitching option in the baseball universe to win now and in the future"
I remember a few seasons ago where I would check the net and listen to WLW everyday to see if the reds had made a move. Finally, WLW announced we had made the move in aquiring a starter, Paul Wilson. Nothing against Paul but you can see the sights are a bit higher now.

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I am so excited about this reds season and this new ownership. They are really impressing me.

AdamDunn
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I hope we make a run at Blanton, Haren, or Harden using two or three of the following: Edwin Encarnacion, Stubbs, Juan Francisco, Maloney and a young reliever like Josh Roenicke or Bill Bray. I'm inclined to think Beane likes Maloney because of his stats.

jmac
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I am so excited about this reds season and this new ownership. They are really impressing me.

True and the winter meetings havent even started yet. I wonder how many rumours we will be hearing in a couple of weeks.

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
True and the winter meetings havent even started yet. I wonder how many rumours we will be hearing in a couple of weeks.

I dont know if we will hear many rumors but I have noticed already that a lot of places are listing Reds as possible suitors in deals all of a sudden.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM

arn't the winter meetings next week!?

jmac
11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
arn't the winter meetings next week!?

I am thinking Dec 3rd. Not positive though.

AmarilloRed
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Dec. 3-6, 2007
Winter Meetings, Nashville, Tenn.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Dec. 3-6, 2007
Winter Meetings, Nashville, Tenn.

yup and thats next week:thumbup:

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Lets hope Wayne can do something good. Not many trades come out like Beckett for Hanley.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Lets hope Wayne can do something good. Not many trades come out like Beckett for Hanley.

another Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena would work for me:D

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Any deal that works out good for us I would not complain. I just normally think one team makes out or neither does.

ChatterRed
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
What I find interesting is the lack of trades for starting pitching so far in all of MLB. I really think that teams are waiting for the free agents to be signed to see how their team was impacted and what they will need, and then possibly trade for it......i.e. Tori Hunter leaving a void at CF for the Twins........and the Brewers losing Cordero.......etc.........does that mean the Twins trade for Hamilton to fill CF, trade away one of their pitchers? Maybe they trade for Coco Crisp?

The lack of starting pitcher trades continues to give me hope that the Reds/WK are secretly involved in some potential trades. I really feel that the Reds have some of the best prospects and young players to deal with as opposed to many other teams.

dunner13
11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I know the braves are looking for a center fielder you would have to think they would be interested in josh hamilton. They have jo jo reyes whos not to bad, Im not sure he would be enough though. Im not sure what other prospects they have.

mound_patrol
11-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I know the braves are looking for a center fielder you would have to think they would be interested in josh hamilton. They have jo jo reyes whos not to bad, Im not sure he would be enough though. Im not sure what other prospects they have.

Reyes in my opinion will never be anything special. Not the type of player I'd target if I was trading Dunn.

NorrisHopper30
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Only spec I want from the Braves would be that shortstop, I can't recall his name(Lillibridge?). I'm not a fan of Jo-Jo either.

*BaseClogger*
11-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Jo-jo ain't worth Hamilton... They picked up a CF from the Astros for Villareal and I think they might use him to bridge to their 'spects...