PDA

View Full Version : Rangers interested in Dunn or Hamilton

AmarilloRed
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Rangers Rumors: Dunn, Hamilton, Kemp

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan has some interesting hot stove banter surrounding the Rangers.

* A three-year deal for Kosuke Fukudome or a two-year pact for Mike Cameron might be the most sensible options to fill the Rangers' center field void. Aaron Rowand is probably too expensive.
* While the Rangers have a touch of interest in Adam Dunn and Coco Crisp, they prefer the idea of acquiring a young bat. Names they like: Fernando Martinez, Carlos Gomez, Carlos Gonzalez, and Matt Kemp. Sullivan notes that the Rangers have talked to the Reds about Josh Hamilton.

I looked at the Rangers starting pitching, and I had a tough time figuring out which of their starters we might be interested in. IMO, their starting pitching is worse than ours.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Rangers Rumors: Dunn, Hamilton, Kemp

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan has some interesting hot stove banter surrounding the Rangers.

* A three-year deal for Kosuke Fukudome or a two-year pact for Mike Cameron might be the most sensible options to fill the Rangers' center field void. Aaron Rowand is probably too expensive.
* While the Rangers have a touch of interest in Adam Dunn and Coco Crisp, they prefer the idea of acquiring a young bat. Names they like: Fernando Martinez, Carlos Gomez, Carlos Gonzalez, and Matt Kemp. Sullivan notes that the Rangers have talked to the Reds about Josh Hamilton.

I looked at the Rangers starting pitching, and I had a tough time figuring out which of their starters we might be interested in. IMO, their starting pitching is worse than ours.

I mentioned something about this in one of the other threads (because I can't post threads yet). I pretty much said what you said, I don't understand who they can give us for Hamilton... god please not Vincente Padilla...

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Why cant the MLB be like an xbox game.

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Why cant the MLB be like an xbox game.

I know I used to have those MVP baseball games and their franchise modes were god awful... I wish a game could come out that really mastered a franchise mode... I could care less about actually playing the game!

AmarilloRed
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
You can also really cheat the MLB franchise modes. One year I traded Gary Majewski for Miguel Cabrera.

Bip Roberts
11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Force Trade?
Yes No

*BaseClogger*
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Force Trade?
Yes No

exactly what i was thinkin...

Bip I think we are single handedly added a page to each of these threads!

Blue
11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
I like catcher Taylor Teagarden a lot. I also think Brandon McCarthy will soon turn the corner and be a very good MLB pitcher.

Degenerate39
11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I'd hate to trade Dunn or Hamilton because of the offense they provide. Mainly Dunn.

GoReds33
11-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Let's be honest, what MLB team isn't intrested in Dunn or Hamilton?

HalMorrisRules
11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
I know I used to have those MVP baseball games and their franchise modes were god awful... I wish a game could come out that really mastered a franchise mode... I could care less about actually playing the game!

There is a PC based franchise simulator series called Baseball Mogul. I prefer the 2003 version but any of them are good. Allows you to play 100 years into the future. I like jumping 25 years or so into the the future so all current players are gone and I have to make personnel decisions based solely upon scouting reports, etc. Very fun game. Just google baseball mogul and I am sure you can find copies from different years. Even when new they only cost $19.95.

AdamDunn
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd deal Hamilton for Elvis Andrus, Engel Beltre, and a second tier AAA pitching prospect that could help this year.

bounty37h
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Let's be honest, what MLB team isn't intrested in Dunn or Hamilton?

Not another bashing of him, as I am glad he is ours and hope we keep him awhile, but we have floated Dunn out there before, and no team has shown a genuine interest in Dunn (by genuine, offering a legit trade to get him).

AmarilloRed
11-29-2007, 10:39 AM
They do have a very good minor league system. It may be that Wayne is interested in acquiring some pitching from it.

gedred69
11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I stated before in other threads, CJ Wilson would be an awesome pick up, and worth one of our big bats. Now, with the Cordero signing, I dunno. Guess that a bullpen of Cordero, Weathers, Burton, Wilson, would pretty much lock down the 7-9th though.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Not another bashing of him, as I am glad he is ours and hope we keep him awhile, but we have floated Dunn out there before, and no team has shown a genuine interest in Dunn (by genuine, offering a legit trade to get him).
We don't know that for sure, just because he hasn't been traded doesn't mean that teams havn't made some good offers for him-they may not have been the offer the Reds are looking for but im sure insulting offers were few and far between. I think Dunn is valued alot more by this FO than most of the public thinks, and I for one like the idea of us hanging on to him unless we are blown away by an offer that makes this team a shoe in for contention. Without him in the line-up this year we would be hurting for wins.