PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Tickets

OSUGoBucksOSU
12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I am heading to spring training 2008 and cannot wait. My question is does anyone know around when tickets will be going on sale.

If you have any other comments for a rookie going to spring training that would be great too. My main goal is to see the Reds but I am not against seeing other teams. I will be in Orlando for half the week and Ft. Myers for the other half.

Thanks for the help

bounty37h
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
go as early in ST season as you can-less crowds, players more accessible, more likely to see the big names play-they kind of fall off later in the season as they feel ready to go. Go early in the morning, catch minor and major league workouts. If you collect autos, take something generic team related (hat, jersey, ball, etc), you never know who you will run into and where. ST is a blast, I havent gone in a couple years now, but I always have a good time.

GoReds33
12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I was in your situation last year. It was my first trip down there. Make sure you get there early. The first day I was down there, I got there at like 9:30 for a game at like 1:00. I walked over to the practice fields, and some of the pitchers were taking BP. I got to stand there and watch Bronson, and a whole bunch of the players hit. They all came by when they were done and signed for us. It was me, and like 5 other people. Another tip, don't bother asking Bailey for an autograph. He won't give it to you.

Stay by the practice fields until about 45 minutes till first pitch. It doesn't take long at all to get your seats. I had second row seats last year, and a whole bunch of players walked up as they were stretching. Phillips, and Hamilton both came over and signed. Another game Dunn was in that same section signing, but I had different seats.

OSUGoBucksOSU
12-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Thank you very much. The only problem I have is that I am only able to get down there late into ST. Still should be a good time and hopefully will see a lot of future Reds. Thanks again.

gedred69
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Actually, I prefer the middle of ST, as you get to see more of the top players getting seriously tuned up for the Season. Once ready, they coast the last week or so, and 1-2 year away prospects or invitees play more. For autographs and talk, I recommend catching the Reds in Ft. Myers at the Redsox field. (Tough ticket though). When they exit, they come out on the sidewalk down the rightfield line, and most will sign stuff and talk to you. One year I walked to the parking lot with Reitsma and his parents, talking with him the whole way.

bglass
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with Spring Training, but since I am new I was unable to start a thread. When do single game regular season tickets go on sale? I haven't seen anything about it on the Reds website. Thanks

gedred69
12-08-2007, 02:48 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with Spring Training, but since I am new I was unable to start a thread. When do single game regular season tickets go on sale? I haven't seen anything about it on the Reds website. Thanks

They usually hold off until the season ticket purchases have slowed down. Look at the season ticket prices, and see when the early buy discounts end. It will be after that. Also they may do the 10 game power-pack again, (which includes Opening Day). If so, individual games is right after. Too bad, some other teams have already announced. As an after-thought, call the ticket office, and ask when. If they know they'll tell you.

bglass
12-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks. I called the ticket office a week or two ago, and they still didn't know when single tickets would be released. No big deal, I will just check regularly. The reason why I asked is because I live in Louisville, so I'm not able to go to enough games to buy a big package, but I would like to get tickets to one or two of the Red Sox games. I'm a Reds fan and my brother is a Red Sox fan, so we are looking forward to going, but realize that the tickets will sell out quick.

gedred69
12-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I have just searched other teams web-sites for ST schedules, in order to figure out when is the best time for me to attend, seeing the most games where I will stay, etc. It's a shame I gotta' do it this way, no Reds schedule available. What makes it really crappy, is flight prices just keep going up the later you try to book. I am a dedicated 50+years reds fan, far from wealthy, own partial season tickets, and crave it so bad, I always go to ST. It would really be nice if the FO would let us know far enough in advance like other teams do so I could save some$$$ !!!!! Thanx a big pile, Reds.....