PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully a Big Surprise is Coming

roby
12-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Since WK blew everybody"s mind by signing Cordero (and none of us saw it coming!), I wonder if we are not about to be blown away by a trade for a starter that will thrill us all just as much. All of the talk about Wells, Brower, Tomko, Glendon Rusch (excuse me while I puke), may be soon forgotten because of a surprise announcement of an unexpected deal. At this point, I'm not really looking for a Santana...but i think something will go down, and it will be a starter that we never really thought much about. Someone not quite as high profile, but we wouldn't have to give up nearly as much to acquire them. I'm hoping we can get a decent starter and still be able to keep Bruce, Votto and EE. Maybe I'm dreaming...but a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't allow myself to dream about getting Cordero...so now I don't know for sure what to expect.

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 10:58 PM
James Shields?

schmidty622
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Relax, nothing is going to come at the end of the winter meetings. And nothing earth shattering is going to come before the beginning of spring trainning. Trust me.

*BaseClogger*
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Relax, nothing is going to come at the end of the winter meetings. And nothing earth shattering is going to come before the beginning of spring trainning. Trust me.

Agree- but hope you are wrong!

ChatterRed
12-06-2007, 12:52 AM
James Shields?

That's what my sources are telling me.

Haren and Bedard are out of the question because the A's and Orioles want the world. But the Rays are reasonable. Look for some type of deal with Tampa Bay.

Bip Roberts
12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
He better be cheap

AmarilloRed
12-06-2007, 10:54 AM
There is still time for Krivsky to make a trade if he wants to. It is a long time until March. I think it is more likely he adds a starting pitcher through free agency, however.

BucksandReds
12-06-2007, 11:36 AM
He better be cheap

Something tells me Josh Hamilton will be a part of the deal. I like Hamilton but if Bruce is ready we'll have plenty of good outfielders.

SMcGavin
12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
That's what my sources are telling me.

Haren and Bedard are out of the question because the A's and Orioles want the world. But the Rays are reasonable. Look for some type of deal with Tampa Bay.

Really? James Shields would be great. He gives up a few too many homers, but a great K:BB ratio. I really hadn't heard his name mentioned at all until now. Over 200 innings last year, 8.1 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9, only 26 years old... sign me up.

Edit: I just looked some more at Shields' numbers and you know who he looks similar to? Aaron Harang. Why do the Rays want to trade him again?

*BaseClogger*
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Really? James Shields would be great. He gives up a few too many homers, but a great K:BB ratio. I really hadn't heard his name mentioned at all until now. Over 200 innings last year, 8.1 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9, only 26 years old... sign me up.

Edit: I just looked some more at Shields' numbers and you know who he looks similar to? Aaron Harang. Why do the Rays want to trade him again?

Because he is on my fantasy team...