PDA

View Full Version : EZ also gone to the Rangers

Dunner44
12-22-2007, 10:33 AM
i don't know if this has been discussed re: the hamilton trade, but I saw this at the bottom of the Rangers.com writeup on the trade:

In addition to trading for Hamilton, the Rangers also announced on Friday they had signed outfielder Jason Ellison and pitcher Elizardo Ramirez to Minor League contracts with an invitation to Spring Training.

I didn't know he was on the market...

kaldaniels
12-22-2007, 10:36 AM
i don't know if this has been discussed re: the hamilton trade, but I saw this at the bottom of the Rangers.com writeup on the trade:

Don't forget Mr. Ellison either. ;)

Dracodave
12-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, they get a middle reliever and...Who?

Degenerate39
12-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Everyday Eddie will soon be with the Rangers too.

Dracodave
12-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Everyday Eddie will soon be with the Rangers too.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Did they happen to sign Bowden as GM!?

captainmorgan07
12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
no great loss of either of those two. EZ had his chance with the reds. I'd much rather have Maloney than EZ right now. Guardado was just injured to much as a red for me to have an opinion. We have much younger and better options than everyday eddie but i wish him luck he's a class act.

GoReds33
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
We have our rotation now. Sure the insurance of EZ would have helped, but barring a lot of injuries, it's not likely he would see much time in the bigs next year anyway.

crazybob60
12-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I too would have liked to have kept EZ at least one more season, but again, maybe the new environment will get him back on track. He just seemed to get hurt at the wrong moments for him. I am drawing a blank here, but what was his injury last season? Did he even see any time at all on the big league level in '07?

Bip Roberts
12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Its not hard to find a spot starter

HalMorrisRules
12-22-2007, 09:06 PM

EZ was a minor league free agent.

ChatterRed
12-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I believe EZ was taken off the 40 man at one point to open a spot for someone else, making him available to sign elsewhere.

Dunner44
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I too would have liked to have kept EZ at least one more season, but again, maybe the new environment will get him back on track. He just seemed to get hurt at the wrong moments for him. I am drawing a blank here, but what was his injury last season? Did he even see any time at all on the big league level in '07?

He was up for a bit, and jerry mismanaged him like the rest of the 'pen. He had a sore shoulder, like last year.

Vada Pinson Fan
12-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, it comes down to whom you want in your bullpen. I take EZ over Mike Stanton. But hey, it's the holidays and I don't want to get started on Stanton.

It does appear the Rangers are going to give JimBo a run for his money, errrrr ummmm, shall I say- a run for former Redlegs!!! LOL!!!

Dracodave
12-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, it comes down to whom you want in your bullpen. I take EZ over Mike Stanton. But hey, it's the holidays and I don't want to get started on Stanton.

It does appear the Rangers are going to give JimBo a run for his money, errrrr ummmm, shall I say- a run for former Redlegs!!! LOL!!!

For a moment, I thought they signed him as special consultant.