PDA

View Full Version : USS Mariner Trade Idea

Newman4
12-27-2007, 12:39 AM
As I was looking into the Mariners prospects info, I ran across this proposal from "Dave" at USS Mariner:

Trade George Sherrill and Horacio Ramirez to Cincinnati for Scott Hatteberg and Todd Coffey

Even with Ramirez looking last season like Eric Milton's younger, hispanic brother with his 7.61 ERA and general suckitude, the Sherrill guy was lights out. This guy wants to sign Bartolo Colon to a 1 yr 10 mil contract to so......opinions on the Reds proposal?

BEETTLEBUG
12-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I would do this deal and if we have to give another player.

SultanOfSwing
12-27-2007, 01:42 AM
No, I would not take it. Maybe pursue Sherill alone, but I have no interest in Ramirez. Maybe Hatteberg straight up for Sherrill.

And maybe we can get them to add Richie Sexson if we offer Homer Bailey. We could really use the RH platoon partner for Votto. (Just kidding! Extreme sarcasm. Even the thought makes me shudder :))

Nasty_Boy
12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
No, I would not take it. Maybe pursue Sherill alone, but I have no interest in Ramirez. Maybe Hatteberg straight up for Sherrill.

And maybe we can get them to add Richie Sexson if we offer Homer Bailey. We could really use the RH platoon partner for Votto. (Just kidding! Extreme sarcasm. Even the thought makes me shudder :))

:D:D:D:D:D

I though you were serious for a second. But Richie would probably hit 45 HRs in GABP.

TheBigLebowski
12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
If we're definitely not dealing Votto, then we need to move Hatte. This particular proposal does not suit my fancy, however.

*BaseClogger*
12-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Ramirez is no good, but getting Sherrill might just make it worth it...

Newman4
12-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Richie makes 14 million this season....for his .205 BA and under .700 OPS and his injury of the month. ;)

jmac
12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
If we're definitely not dealing Votto, then we need to move Hatte. This particular proposal does not suit my fancy, however.

I have no problems with Hatt coming off bench. He adds a good lefty bat plus leadership. Just hope it is Votto standing at 1st base opening day.