PDA

View Full Version : Bartolo Colon

AmarilloRed
01-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Earlier this week, Impacto Deportivo wrote that the Royals may be close to signing free-agent RHP Bartolo Colon.

However, today, Impacto Deportivo writes that, despite his streak of two to three good outings in the Winter League, Colon has yet to reach 90–mph with this fastball.

The online newspaper speculates that he may not be entirely healthy, or that he is holding back in fear of getting hurt, and so clubs may be waiting to see a few more starts before seriously considering whether to sign him.

…thanks to Jorge from Puerto Rico for the translation…
Posted in Bartolo Colon on January 4th, 2008

http://www.metsblog.com/2008/01/04/note-colon-not-hitting-90-mph/

I heard he was regularly hitting 94 last summer. It makes sense to see if he can get the speed back on his fastball before a team considers giving him a 2 year deal.

jmac
01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Earlier this week, Impacto Deportivo wrote that the Royals may be close to signing free-agent RHP Bartolo Colon.

However, today, Impacto Deportivo writes that, despite his streak of two to three good outings in the Winter League, Colon has yet to reach 90–mph with this fastball.

The online newspaper speculates that he may not be entirely healthy, or that he is holding back in fear of getting hurt, and so clubs may be waiting to see a few more starts before seriously considering whether to sign him.

…thanks to Jorge from Puerto Rico for the translation…
Posted in Bartolo Colon on January 4th, 2008

http://www.metsblog.com/2008/01/04/note-colon-not-hitting-90-mph/

I heard he was regularly hitting 94 last summer. It makes sense to see if he can get the speed back on his fastball before a team considers giving him a 2 year deal.

Is there any link where you can get Winter League stats ?

AmarilloRed
01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/winterleagues/

This may be old information however, as it shows Colon with only 4 IP in the Caribbean League.

Rocket_Fuel
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
He needs to lose some weight.

AmarilloRed
01-08-2008, 08:13 PM
UPDATE, 1-7-08 at 9:42pm: Impacto Deportivo says Colon sat out because of reported neck discomfort, though it could be something more serious.

FROM 1-7-08 at 8:44am:

A friend in the Dominican Republic notes that Bartolo Colon has missed his last two starts. Maybe he's done showcasing and now awaits an offer; I'm not sure at this point. Word a few days ago was that Colon had yet to crack 90 mph.

It seems he has missed a couple of starts because of reputed neck discomfort. Let's hope it is not an injury; that would negatively effect what he could expect to get in free agency.

BEETTLEBUG
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Would Lefty Reliever Bill White released from Rangers be of any interest to Reds he is from Kentucky?

*BaseClogger*
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Would Lefty Reliever Bill White released from Rangers be of any interest to Reds he is from Kentucky?

walks too many and is gonna be 30 years old. no

BEETTLEBUG
01-10-2008, 05:49 AM
THANKS

Brian
01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Colon's window is closing if you ask me. I'm not sure I'd chase after this guy, especially not with any guaranteed money. And invite to spring training, so be it. If you're going to gamble though with of of these guys, I like Hernandez, mostly because if nothing else, you know he can go innings.