PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Brooks - Question

WMR
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
SPOILER AHEAD

Has anyone seen this movie?

I've got a question about it: At the very end, when he goes in to kiss his daughter goodnight and she stabs him in the neck with the scissors and he then wakes up and realizes it was just a dream, is that some sort of foreshadowing of what will eventually occur or was it just a nightmare?

Do you think his daughter actually will kill him someday or was he just having a guilty conscience/nightmare etc.?

redsfanmia
01-15-2008, 03:03 PM
It was just a nightmare because he realizes that she has the same thrist to kill that he does.

pedro
01-15-2008, 03:03 PM
They filmed some of that up the street from my house.

Mario-Rijo
01-15-2008, 10:16 PM
*Edited* See next post

Mario-Rijo
01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Has anyone seen this movie?

I've got a question about it: At the very end, when he goes in to kiss his daughter goodnight and she stabs him in the neck with the scissors and he then wakes up and realizes it was just a dream, is that some sort of foreshadowing of what will eventually occur or was it just a nightmare?

Do you think his daughter actually will kill him someday or was he just having a guilty conscience/nightmare etc.?

I'd call it, fear that it may someday occur. He realizes just how hard to tame the thirst is and then realizes he passed it on to her. The irony of a cold, calculating killer being in a position to fear the same with no way to stamp out that fear is an interesting thought in itself.