PDA

View Full Version : Boss - football?

TeamCasey
01-17-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64647

Hi BH,

There was some discussion of a possible football sub-forum. Just wanted to point it out in case you missed it.

Not a bad idea.

Boss-Hog
01-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks, I saw it. I can't guarantee it's something we'll pursue, but it is certainly something to consider. Thanks again.

Boss-Hog
01-19-2008, 12:05 AM
All,

We have decided to create a sub-forum ("Jungle Talk") for all Bengals-related discussion under the Non-Baseball Chatter forum. Visiting bengals.redszone.com (http://bengals.redszone.com) will also redirect you to this forum. The goal of this sub-forum is simply to consolidate all the Bengals discussion into one area since there is obvious interest in this. It's doubtful you'll see something like a customized Bengals skin for this sub-forum, at least in the immediate future, since this is simply a dedicated discussion area for Bengals fans that is part of the overall RedsZone forums. I will appoint moderators if and when that becomes necessary, but as of now, GIK and I are the only ones with those abilities.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

WMR
01-19-2008, 12:09 AM
2nd post in Jungle Talk!

:party:

Sweet move, BOSS!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

westofyou
01-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I like that.. cool.

My first favorite Bengals were Levill Elliot, Boobie Clarke and Chip Meyers

TC81190
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Haha, sweet - you used my idea for the address (bengals.redszone.com)

Thanks for the forum, boss.

KronoRed
01-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Excellent Boss, will keep the clutter in non baseball down. :)

Playadlc
01-19-2008, 03:06 AM
This is awesome!

Thanks, Boss.

GAC
01-19-2008, 04:47 AM
I think it was a solid idea; but I think a general "inclusive" football forum would have been better. But still a solid idea.

MrCinatit
01-19-2008, 07:26 AM
I think it was a solid idea; but I think a general "inclusive" football forum would have been better. But still a solid idea.

Think of this as an all inclusive football forum where the Bengals have home-field advantage. :D

Heath
01-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I think for the geography involved, its a good idea.

As long as I can discuss the play-calling of Homer Rice and the exemplary play of Turk Schonert & Jack Thompson, I won't be disappointed.

http://www.logoserver.com/football/CincinnatiBengalsAFL2.GIF

blumj
01-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Think of this as an all inclusive football forum where the Bengals have home-field advantage. :D

Actually, that's probably the right idea. Are we supposed to talk non-Bengals NFL stuff here or in general non-baseball? Draft talk, in particular, could get redundant if it's split.

Highlifeman21
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank you Boss and GIK, and to all the moderators.

RollyInRaleigh
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I like that.. cool.

My first favorite Bengals were Levill Elliot, Boobie Clarke and Chip Meyers

Mine were Paul Robinson, Bob Trumpy, Bill Bergey, Virgil Carter and of course, Horst Muhlman.

Yachtzee
01-19-2008, 09:42 AM
I think for the geography involved, its a good idea.

As long as I can discuss the play-calling of Homer Rice and the exemplary play of Turk Schonert & Jack Thompson, I won't be disappointed.

http://www.logoserver.com/football/CincinnatiBengalsAFL2.GIF

Discussion on The Throwin' Samoan is always welcome.

macro
01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Put me down for Ken Riley, Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis, Bob Trumpy, Pat McInally, and later, Cris Collinsworth. I grew up dreaming of seeing those old plain Bengals helmets in the Super Bowl. We missed it by one year in 1981. :(

If Ken Riley and Ken Anderson had played for the Cowboys, Steelers, or one of a few other teams, they'd be in Canton today.

Boss-Hog
01-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't have a problem with general football discussion, similar to how the ORG and SunDeck are used for general baseball discussion. Just keep in mind that like those forums, this one was created for the benefit of Bengals fans.

Actually, that's probably the right idea. Are we supposed to talk non-Bengals NFL stuff here or in general non-baseball? Draft talk, in particular, could get redundant if it's split.

SandyD
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't think it matters much, but there should be some guidelines.

General NFL here/ college on non-baseball?

Of course with a focus on Bengals.

Just asking where a Super Bowl discussion or playoff discussion should go ... or a bowl game/college team discussion.

TC81190
01-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't think it matters much, but there should be some guidelines.

General NFL here/ college on non-baseball?

Of course with a focus on Bengals.

Just asking where a Super Bowl discussion or playoff discussion should go ... or a bowl game/college team discussion.

MLB playoffs are discussed on the ORG/Sundeck, so I imagine Super Bowl talk is safe here.

redsfanmia
01-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Can anyone post here or do you have to have some sort of special pass signifying your Bengal knowledge?

BoydsOfSummer
01-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Woof!woof!woof!

:d

GAC
01-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Can anyone post here or do you have to have some sort of special pass signifying your Bengal knowledge?

knowledge of any kind is not a prerequisite. :p:

RollyInRaleigh
01-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Left out a couple of my favorites. Tommy Casanaova and Lamar Parrish. And we can't forget Essex Johnson Rufus Mayes and Dave Lewis.

remdog
01-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Saw Pat McInally about two weeks ago walking around the mall here. It was about 8:00 PM, 50 degrees or so and I was freezing my butt off. Pat was walking around in board shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. (famous shrug)

Essex Johnson was in my reserve unit. A nice guy but he always got excussed from summer camp for some other type of 'summer camp' thing. :)

Rem

Heath
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
At least we all agree that the Steelers suck.

KronoRed
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
At least we all agree that the Steelers suck.

At least they made the playoffs :D