PDA

View Full Version : Rogers on his way out of Detriot?

HotCorner
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/SPORTS01/80123032/1049/rss14

I'd love to see the Bengals trade for him. Pair him with Ellis and you've got one potentially dominant D-line.

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Hes got a bad bad track record. Change of scenery might work but not in this town.

Screwball
01-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Honestly, I know next to nothing about the Lions, but a quick check on NFL.com shows they ranked 31st in the NFL in total rushing yards. I wonder if a trade involving Rudi J could be worked out. My guess is it'd probably take more than that.

At any rate, Shaun Rogers seems like another one of those talented players that brings baggage with him. Seven sacks as a DT is very impressive, but with question marks surrounding his attitude and work ethic, I'd have to be pretty convinced a change of scenery would do the trick before I pulled the trigger.

Still, it'd be nice to have that dominant force in the middle for once.

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 12:52 PM
DTs should always have 1 year deals because they all are lazy and have bad attitudes

*BaseClogger*
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
This guy is dominant when he wants to be. If the Bengals are interested in contending they should trade for him. However, if the Bengals are in rebuild mode then this is not a guy you want to be involved...

Highlifeman21
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Honestly, I know next to nothing about the Lions, but a quick check on NFL.com shows they ranked 31st in the NFL in total rushing yards. I wonder if a trade involving Rudi J could be worked out. My guess is it'd probably take more than that.

At any rate, Shaun Rogers seems like another one of those talented playes that brings baggage with him. Seven sacks as a DT is very impressive, but with question marks surrounding his attitude and work ethic, I'd have to be pretty convinced a change of scenery would do the trick before I pulled the trigger.

Still, it'd be nice to have that dominant force in the middle for once.

Ok, so Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry.

Problem solved.

CTA513
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
At times he can play like one of the top DTs in the NFL.

Oxilon
01-24-2008, 02:41 PM
What kind of pick would we have to give up to get him? I mean, if Randy Moss is only worth a 4th round pick after a couple down seasons, what's Rogers' value after one? If it only costs us a 3rd round pick, Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis would have to be completely removed from reality to not take that deal. Than again....

WVRed
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Rudi Johnson for Shaun Rogers. Declining RB for a DT who can't manage his weight.

Sound good?

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Dont let his weight fool you, he plays DE some times for the lions

Screwball
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
What kind of pick would we have to give up to get him? I mean, if Randy Moss is only worth a 4th round pick after a couple down seasons, what's Rogers' value after one? If it only costs us a 3rd round pick, Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis would have to be completely removed from reality to not take that deal. Than again....

That's a good point, Ox (can I call you Ox?). As I mentioned in a different thread, the Bengals should have a few extra picks this year due to FA losses (most notably Steinbach, but there's KK and Kelley Washington as well). Packaging the extra 3rd rounder that Steinbach will net us with a couple other later rounds should be enough for Rogers, especially since the article states his value is so low right now.

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Id rather wait for him to get cut and to try to sign him because if he isnt happy where he is playing hes going to be terrible.

LoganBuck
01-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Trade for him, tell him you love him and that he is the key to winning.

He just needs a change of scenery