PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the Senior Bowl?

Bip Roberts
01-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Of course I didn't because of the NFL network worthlessness, but I heard Ellis looked to be flat out ridiculous with his speed. :thumbdown so much for the Bengals getting a chance to draft that guy if he keeps that up.

KoryMac5
01-26-2008, 08:02 PM
The combine coupled with a Senior Bowl performance will make or break guys. I like Ellis a lot but I am still pushing for that pass rush from the outside edge. I can remember from several games not being able to get any push from the outside edge. Most of the Giants success comes from them being able to generate and effective pass rush off the ends.

Bip Roberts
01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
The combine coupled with a Senior Bowl performance will make or break guys. I like Ellis a lot but I am still pushing for that pass rush from the outside edge. I can remember from several games not being able to get any push from the outside edge. Most of the Giants success comes from them being able to generate and effective pass rush off the ends.
Ellis is Warren Sapp reincarnated :p:

Honestly with the news of Thurman being allowed back to work out and train in the teams facilities and encouraging news about Pollack I'm really excited to see what comes in the draft.

Oxilon
01-26-2008, 09:49 PM
If you think we'll get solid production out of Pollack, you're just setting yourself up to get let down. Great guy with great character, but he's been out of the league for 2 years due to a broken neck and was undersized to begin with. Being reasonable, I just can't see him contributing anymore, especially at DE.

Bip Roberts
01-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not expecting him to be back but im willing to be surprised.

KoryMac5
01-27-2008, 01:15 AM
If you think we'll get solid production out of Pollack, you're just setting yourself up to get let down. Great guy with great character, but he's been out of the league for 2 years due to a broken neck and was undersized to begin with. Being reasonable, I just can't see him contributing anymore, especially at DE.

I think Pollack is a unique situation in that he is such a workout freak. If he was playing linebacker I would have concerns due to the pounding you take from tackling guys like Brandon Jacobs. However when you are a defensive end you aren't exposed as much to the intense physical toll that being a linebacker has on your body. In my opinion if any guy could come back from an injury like this Pollack can.

Highlifeman21
01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Ellis definitely looked special yesterday. His stock went up.

Andre Woodson, unfortunately his stock had to go down.

*BaseClogger*
01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Any buckeyes?

Cedric
01-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Any buckeyes?

Not many senior Buckeyes this year. Kirk Barton was the only Buckeye on the roster and he injured his knee in practice and didn't play. Word from the Dayton paper was that he wasn't overly impressive in individual drills. Got beat on the edge and was pushed back on his heels at times. SI on the other hand said that Barton was a positive surprise early in camp.

Who knows from such little practice time.

Cedric
01-29-2008, 03:32 AM

I agree that generating a consistent pass rush is the Bengals biggest need. I think sometimes the speed off the edge theory is a little over played though. Most great pass rushing defenses have a dominant NT/DT that helps collapse the pocket and get into the comfort zone of the Qb. Sadly the Bengals are devoid of talent in both important positions.