PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Sign Palmer?

bthomasiscool
01-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Bengals Sign Carson's brother Jordan Palmer to a two year deal today. Will compete with Jeff Rowe and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the backup job. It would be pretty neat seeing the two brothers on the same team.

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a locker room problem waiting to happen.

Screwball
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
IIRC, last year Carson openly said he didn't want the Bengals to draft Jordan because he wants his brother to have a chance at becoming a starter somewhere.

But hey, I suppose doing the exact opposite is a good idea. :rolleyes:

guttle11
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Jordan obviously isn't going to be a starter anytime soon. Why not have him learn under his brother for a couple of years?

Seems like a Carson driven signing/opportunity for Jordan.

bthomasiscool
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
First not sure if you were being sarcastic Bip, if not, you thinking this will be a locker room problem just doesn't make sense. If anything I think it would only help. It's not like Jordan was traded to us. He signed here as a free agent. He KNOWS Carson is the guy here. If he makes the team it won't be a problem

And as to Screwball's statement, Yes Carson did say that, but the key to the statement was Carson didn't want them to draft him because he wanted his brother to have a chance. He was released by the Redskins. He just signed with the Rattlers Arena league team. The bengals are giving Jordan a chance to prove he can at least be a backup in the NFL.

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Im not worried about him being a problem. I worry about the rest of the teams perception of why hes there.

BuckeyeRedleg
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
IIRC, last year Carson openly said he didn't want the Bengals to draft Jordan because he wants his brother to have a chance at becoming a starter somewhere.

But hey, I suppose doing the exact opposite is a good idea. :rolleyes:

They didn't draft him.

And if another team wanted Jordan, Carson would have gotten his first wish.

As it stands, Jordan gets a shot to be employed for playing a game and spend time with his big bro. I'm sure Carson is probably not upset the Bengals signed him.

As for the rest iof the team, most of them should be worried about their own employment next year with the Bengals. Jordan Palmer should be the least of their worries.

Screwball
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Perhaps you guys are right. I may have been quick to judge. Things are different now that Jordan's been drafted - and subsequently waived - by Washington.

From Curnutte's blog:

When Jordan Palmer entered the 2007 draft, he and Carson didn't want Jordan to sign with the Bengals.

Why?

"There were 31 other teams out there," Jordan said. "It was important for me to go somewhere else and get my career established. Now it is different. He is a great guy to learn behind. I can learn a lot from Carson, and I will offer him all of the support I can."

LoganBuck
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Jordan Palmer is essentially Carson's clone, without the arm strength or accuracy. They look alike on the field.

Yachtzee
01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Jordan Palmer is essentially Carson's clone, without the arm strength or accuracy. They look alike on the field.

Maybe the Bengals are going to use Jordan as a decoy.

sonny
01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder who gets top bunk during training camp?

CrackerJack
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Glad the Bengals' have their off-season priorities in order. 2 year contract for a #4 QB and the starter's brother. Silly.

Bip Roberts
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Glad the Bengals' have their off-season priorities in order. 2 year contract for a #4 QB and the starter's brother. Silly.

God this is one stupid post.

TC81190
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Hm. Interesting.

bthomasiscool
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM

What else are they going to do? The season is still going on. The found a new Defensive Cord., linebackers coach which was clearly their first priority. Offers are made to most of their restricted free agents. What else do you expect them to do. Competition is a good thing, even if it is for the 3rd string quarterback. Silly.

Degenerate39
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Get Jesse Palmer now

LawFive
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
IMO, much ado about nothing. Most teams have 4 QB's for minicamps and summer camp - they need the extra arms to cover all the drills. And even if Jordan makes the team, it's not like he'll play any as the #3. Carson took every snap last year and has started every game the past four.

princeton
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Are the Bengals prepared for the fallout over the imminent cut?

CrackerJack
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Will Carson make the rounds when Jordan's cut complaining no one's got his brother's back?

camisadelgolf
02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
I wonder how many people will get angry when Jordan Palmer makes the team over Fitzpatrick or Rowe.

dabvu2498
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I wonder how many people will get angry when Jordan Palmer makes the team over Fitzpatrick or Rowe.

Geoff Hobson says its a possibility that Fitzpatrick will leave as a restricted free agent.