PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb being seriously pursued by the Ravens

WVRed
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Saw it on Rotoworld reported by Pasquerelli on ESPN. Apparently Pasquerelli says it will cost the Ravens their first round pick.

www.rotoworld.com

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Ravens are "seriously considering" pursuing Donovan McNabb in an offseason trade.

Mortensen says any deal would have to include the Ravens' No. 8 overall pick, which the Eagles could use on a wideout, defensive end, or offensive tackle. Mort also confirms that pursuing Derek Anderson is a distinct possibility for Baltimore. It is pretty clear that the Ravens intend to upgrade their quarterback situation this offseason.

BuckeyeRedleg
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
They already have a young McNabb clone (although a couple inches shorter) that's much younger and cheaper.

gilpdawg
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
They already have a young McNabb clone (although a couple inches shorter) that's much younger and cheaper.
Really think he's ready to be a starter?

TC81190
02-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I feel bad for Troy Smith.

GoReds33
02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I feel bad for Troy Smith.I don't feel too bad about him though. He's a good player, but he didn't do the right things to get in shape before the draft. He deserved to be drafted where he was with the shape he was in.

He'll get to be a starter anyway someday.

BuckeyeRedleg
02-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Really think he's ready to be a starter?

Why not. They have bigger issues right now. They need to shore up their OL and get some WR's for starters.

Might as well take their lumps next year and come out firing for 2009. McNabb is a band-aid on a gaping wound.

sonny
02-04-2008, 02:05 AM
For the 8th pick overall?!!!! Come on now, McNabb is a quality QB, but geez, that is one ludicris trade.

Bip Roberts
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Considering how bad hes been for the eagles the last couple seasons I cant imagine him being any better with the ravens.

WVRed
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm hoping the Ravens do it, but they are like the Spurs in the NBA, only competitive every other season.

In a way, it depends on if you want the Bengals to take Sedrick Ellis if he drops that far. If Philadelphia gets the pick, it will be either Ellis, Mike Jenkins, or Ryan Clady.