PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an italian Reds fan

GioInter
02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Reds fans! I'm Gio and I write from Italy. I really love baseball and I'm a great Reds fans since I was 15 (I'm almost 21 right now). I've been twice in the USA but unfortunately I've never seen the Reds play :( Seeing a Reds game in the GABP is one of the biggest dreams of my life. My favourite player is obviously Junior. I bought his jersey when I went to the States 4 years ago I really love him :luvu:. Other Reds I like are Arroyo, Dunn, Harang and Sean Casey (even if he no longer plays with the Reds). I also like and follow all the American-Italian players. I'm looking forward to the season starting. I think the Reds can do good things this year. GO REDS!!! :redszone:

redsmetz
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey, Gio - welcome to the board. I think our top draft pick last year is an Italian American - Devin Mesoraco from Punxatawney, PA. See his listing on The Baseball Cube:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Devin-Mesoraco.shtml

Last year he played for the GCL Reds in Florida (Gulf Coast League Reds). I'm not sure where he'll start this year.

WMR
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Sweet.

Big fan of the Azzurri, I imagine?

GioInter
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey, Gio - welcome to the board. I think our top draft pick last year is an Italian American - Devin Mesoraco from Punxatawney, PA. See his listing on The Baseball Cube:

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Devin-Mesoraco.shtml

Last year he played for the GCL Reds in Florida (Gulf Coast League Reds). I'm not sure where he'll start this year.

hi redsmetz and thank you. I didn' t know that guy. I'll keep an eye on him. thanks again :thumbup:

GioInter
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Sweet.

Hi friend ;). your nick :luvu: I really liked wily mo pena and I was sad when he moved to boston :cry:.. even if we got bronson for him (so it wasn't a bad move ;))

Big fan of the Azzurri, I imagine?

off course :D

oneupper
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey Gio,

I was in Italy in early 07 (Milan) and 08 (Rome, Naples) and really enjoyed it.

Also, like you, I was a lifetime REDS fan who had never been to Cincinnati. But in June of last year I made the trip to the REDSzone gathering and not only got to see some games in GABP, but met some very nice people from this board.

So welcome and hope to see you soon.

GioInter
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey Gio,

I was in Italy in early 07 (Milan) and 08 (Rome, Naples) and really enjoyed it.

Also, like you, I was a lifetime REDS fan who had never been to Cincinnati. But in June of last year I made the trip to the REDSzone gathering and not only got to see some games in GABP, but met some very nice people from this board.

So welcome and hope to see you soon.

hi one upper and thanks for your welcome :thumbup:. I'm right from milan :D did you like it?

Yes, seeing a Reds game is one of my biggest desire. I've been in the States twice: one during the off-season and the other one during the summer time, but I went to Utah and unfortunately I never got to go to a game :cry:. I'm planning a trip for next summer. it' s not easy but I really hope to make it. GO REDS!!

Degenerate39
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the site Gio.

Yes, seeing a Reds game is one of my biggest desire. I've been in the States twice: one during the off-season and the other one during the summer time, but I went to Utah and unfortunately I never got to go to a game . I'm planning a trip for next summer. it' s not easy but I really hope to make it. GO REDS!!

Going to a Reds game is pretty amazing when it's your first time at the park. I still remember going to Riverfront Stadium when I was just a youngin with my cousin and my dad. And the first time I went to Great American Ball Park about three years ago was quite a thrill.

WMR
02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Gio you are freaking cool, buddy.

Welcome to the site.

WMR
02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Gio you really know how to use an emoticon!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:)

GioInter
02-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Gio you are freaking cool, buddy.

Welcome to the site.

thank you again, Wily :thumbup:;)
I' m sure I will enjoy my time here.

Gio you really know how to use an emoticon!!

eh eh :laugh: I really like emoticons and I already knew most of the ones of this board :D

GioInter
02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the site Gio.

Going to a Reds game is pretty amazing when it's your first time at the park. I still remember going to Riverfront Stadium when I was just a youngin with my cousin and my dad. And the first time I went to Great American Ball Park about three years ago was quite a thrill.

thanks for your welcome :thumbup:

yes, you're right. I still remember the great experience I had when I went to NYC and saw an NBA game. Absolutely amazing. I really hope to have the same thrill you had your first time at the GABP very soon. I'm sure it will be awesome.

WMR
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
I want to go see Inter play AC. :D

Let's work out a trade, Gio!! :D :D :D

paintmered
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM

I would buy Gio a diamond club ticket if he could work out that deal for me.

Just think, you could sit closer to home plate than the pitcher. :D

WMR
02-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Hehehehehehehehehe

I'll buy him TWO diamond club tix for that deal. :D :D :D

;)

smoke6
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
ROBERTO BAGGIO!!!!!!!!!!
I freakin' loved that dude.

AmarilloRed
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
We will all look forward to your contributions to Redzone.

GioInter
02-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Hehehehehehehehehe

I'll buy him TWO diamond club tix for that deal.

For sure :thumbup::D I think we wouldn' t have problems to make this trade: I give you my INTER subscription that allows you to see every home games, and you buy me the diamond club tix :jump:

GioInter
02-13-2008, 10:43 AM

great seats!!! very expensive, I guess :D really awesome, but too far from the outfield, where junior plays :(.. well, that means I'll see him close only when he is at bat :D

To close the deal, that's the best seat I can offer to you: :D ;)

http://www.inter.it/it/abbonamenti/vistacampo/PALCHI.jpg

GioInter
02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
ROBERTO BAGGIO!!!!!!!!!!
I freakin' loved that dude.

you are right :thumbup: a great man and a great player. he also played for my team for 2 years. he retired in 2004

GioInter
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
We will all look forward to your contributions to Redzone.

thanks for your welcome :thumbup: ;)

RawOwl UK
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Gone are the day when we can sign players like Benito Carbone & Wim Jonk from Inter :)

GioInter
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Gone are the day when we can sign players like Benito Carbone & Wim Jonk from Inter :)

you forgot another great player who played with you, di canio, even if you didn' t sign him from us ;)

yes, your team is not having a good time. I remember the days you played in the Premier League.. I hope you can come back there in a short time (at least you had some joy last year with United delegation :D)

WMR
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
How did you celebrate when Italy won the World Cup?

What did you think about their match in the group stage versus the United States? Were you expecting such a tough match from the Americans?

Tommyjohn25
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the board Gio!!

Why the heck does it only show him having one post still??

camisadelgolf
02-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the board Gio!!

Why the heck does it only show him having one post still??

Posts in the Introductions and Site Feedback Forum don't count toward your post total.

Tommyjohn25
02-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Posts in the Introductions and Site Feedback Forum don't count toward your post total.

Ah. Gotcha. Of course I thought there was some kind of rift in the space/time continuum, but I guess your explanation seems more plausible. :D

Betterread
02-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I still remember the great experience I had when I went to NYC and saw an NBA game. Absolutely amazing. I really hope to have the same thrill you had your first time at the GABP very soon. I'm sure it will be awesome.
It is one of the dreams of my life to see a Derby della Madonnina (the match in the 2005 champions league was awesome and a little scary, too). Ibrahimovic and Kaka in the same match - it would be great to see. I'm not an Inter fan (I support the Giallorossi - La Roma non si discute, si ama) but I don't hate them either, and they don't cheat like AC Milan.