PDA

View Full Version : LB Thomas, TE Crumpler among league cuts

TC81190
02-15-2008, 07:08 PM
The Miami Dolphins have released LB Zach Thomas, while the Falcons have cut TE Alge Crumpler. Both are players at positions of relative need by the Bengals. However, both are starting to get up there in years.

Should the Bengals be interested in either?

GoReds33
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Not Thomas. He's way past his prime. I wouldn't mind Crumpler, but not at the expense of a good defensive addition.

Bip Roberts
02-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Thomas would be decent since the Bengals D doesnt ever hit anyone hard enough to cause him another head ache anyways

camisadelgolf
02-16-2008, 02:59 AM
As with anyone else, it all comes down to the price.

bengalsown
02-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Pass on Thomas, fly Crumpler in first class to Cincinnati and make an offer please.

RedsManRick
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Thomas has New England written all over him.

LoganBuck
02-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Thomas has concussion issues, for a linebacker he is pretty much done.

Crumpler would go toward the top of my list of targets. I don't think you would have to break the bank to get him, and he would give the Bengals the ability to work the center of the field. Sign him, draft another Tackle and spend the rest of the offseason worrying about the defense.

Highlifeman21
02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I can't remember the last time the Bengals had a decent TE...

Redhook
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't remember the last time the Bengals had a decent TE...

About 20 years ago. Rodney Holman. He was decent, but certainly not a difference maker.

I find it interesting that Marvin, after years and years of research and results, has come to the conclusion that the Bengals need a TE that can catch the ball. Who would've guessed that? I feel pretty confident that he's correct in his assumption because it would be hard to dismiss 20 years of hard evidence. Go Marvin!

I also find it interesting that Marvin has discovered the Bengals need someone on the defensive line that can put pressure on the quarterback. Huh. How about that? And I thought this whole time the Bengals strategy was to let the QB throw the ball to allow our stud first-round cornerbacks make plays. I guess I was wrong. Go Marvin!

Here's to the Bengals for drafting a RB in the 2nd round, a WR in the 4th, and a TE who will never touch the ball in the 6th round. :beerme:

Bip Roberts
02-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I hope they set up a vote and let the fans pick players so we can so how amazing they do at drafting

GoReds33
02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Thomas agreed to a contract with Dallas according to espn.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3260529