DannyB
03-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Let me be blunt.
Ours was better than yours.

jmac
03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Let me be blunt.
Ours was better than yours.
What the Sun Deck needs to do is maybe start a thread like "thoughts for the day-03/01" where we can actually discuss the game that day in depth.
It probably wouldnt be allowed till after the game officially ends.
Then again, that may not be acceptable either.:fineprint

Bip Roberts
03-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Im sure this will be closed and you will be warned 20-40%

mlbfan30
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't know the rule, but I don't see why we can't discuss the games.

A Reds board doesn't allow Reds fan to discuss Reds game... What?

jmac
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM

Since the original post, a good suggestion was brought up imo.
I even stated waiting till "after" the game is over and I dont see any harm in that.
Else we have numerous threads about certain things yet we could have one particular one on the game that was played earlier in day.
For example I would like to discuss guys outings today like Maloney's/Coffey's/Coutlangus etc.
This way it could be done in one thread.
Again, it may not be allowed either but I think it ia fair question.

Bip Roberts
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM

I asked a Mod about it and was ignored I think

captainmorgan07
03-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I've tried to ask the mods about the game threads in here as soon as the new changes came about. I was told no so if i were u all i wouldn't push their buttons to hard. You can talk about issues in the game during the game but u can't have a game thread. After the game last year people would start a thoughts on the game type thread and that worked pretty darn good.

NeilHamburger
03-01-2008, 06:21 PM

I agree, and have never understood why this folder isn't allowed to discuss a Reds game as it occurs. Seriously, who are the geniuses who came up with that idea. That doesn't stop them from rattling the old tip jar in this folder though.

jmac
03-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I've tried to ask the mods about the game threads in here as soon as the new changes came about. I was told no so if i were u all i wouldn't push their buttons to hard.
I dont think any buttons are being pushed too hard by what was mentioned. Basically what is allowed or would be allowed is all that is being discussed.

MaineRed
03-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Hard to believe that Red fans are not allowed to discuss Red games on a Reds message board. And it is funny how forceful the mods are in enforcing it.

"Honey, I can't got to the kids little league game tonight, I gotta stay home and make sure nobody starts talking about the Reds game on Redszone."

What is even the point of the Sun Deck forum if the members are not allowed to participate in game threads? What harm would it do to allow those type of threads in this forum?

TheBigLebowski
03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
It really is one of the most bizarre rules of any forum on which I have ever participated.

redsfanmia
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Live with or find another board to post on. Rules is rules just role with it. If you want to post in a game thread then make great posts, suck up to the big timers and get elected to the big boy board.

robmadden1
03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Just because you are not queen sheba should not prevent you from talking about a damn game. Only special people talking about a game is stupid. I know we got the damn chat room but nobody uses the damn thing.

How the hell can you discuss an game in the chat room when you are the only damn person in it? What should I do talk to my damn self?

GoReds33
03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I wasn't here when they made the change, so I can't speak for how it was before. I have participated in game threads for numerous sports, and they do get bad if there isn't some kind of control over the situation. I don't know if it was the right decision, since I wasn't here. I just hope that I can make my way to the ORG, so I can participate in game threads. That's one thing I've missed since I left another forum. This board has such a wealth of knowledgeable baseball people that I still think a game thread for all could possibly work. I hope that the current situation is reviewed in the future. Until that point, I will continue to live with, and appreciate what we have.

jmac
03-01-2008, 07:43 PM
In Lexington Ky there is a station that is the station for UK athletics with sportstalk nightly on UK.
Yet when it comes to the games, they do not have the broadcasts rights to UK. So they have a talk show after each game but it cant start till game is over. That is what I was proposing.
Last season toward the end of season there got to be too many "insert player's name apreciation threads" imo.
Rather than discussing Coffey's or Maloney's outing today in a player thread ,why not do it in a particular recap thread.
I mean why start a thread on Maloney and one on Pelland etc when we could discuss it in same thread after game is over.
I joined this forum in july of 07 and am asking what is permissible.
The frustrating part is those that are in control could clear this up by responding but for some reason are not.
There is a difference in trying to cause trouble and asking what is or could be allowed.

AccordinglyReds
03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Rocko, kind of OT, there is an FM station in Lexington to listen to the Reds game, right?

redsfanmia
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Game threads get very messy and you really cant follow the game anyway so its kind of pointless IMO. I am surprised that this thread has been allowed to go 16 replies, the mods must have dates tonight.

jmac
03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Rocko, kind of OT, there is an FM station in Lexington to listen to the Reds game, right?
I am not for sure.
I can only pick up wvlk am during the day till around 7:00 at night in the summer time.
Going around the dial during the day, I have only found WLW and a Louisville station which doesnt come in good half the time.
I knwo there are others throughout Ky but these are the only ones I can pick up.

jmac
03-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Game threads get very messy and you really cant follow the game anyway so its kind of pointless IMO. I am surprised that this thread has been allowed to go 16 replies, the mods must have dates tonight.

It isnt pointless cause gamethreads is not exactly what is being discussed.
Again I joined july of last year and am not sure what all is allowed to be in SunDeck.
For the most part, last year I didnt even read the ORG because to many times I see things I like to respond to so I thought why read it if you couldnt respond.
I did begin to read it around the time of the winter meetings to follow any news I could find on the reds.
Now I occassionally glance to see if there are any news type threads. If not I come back here.

GoReds33
03-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I think this should be moved to the "site feedback" section.

Rocket_Fuel
03-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Let me get this straight, we're not allowed to discuss Reds games in this folder, but the folder that CAN discuss it is blocked from the majority of this board? So are the moderators trying to kill these forums?

Rocket_Fuel
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Live with or find another board to post on. Rules is rules just role with it. If you want to post in a game thread then make great posts, suck up to the big timers and get elected to the big boy board.

It's pretty impossible to get voted to the "big boy" board.

GoReds33
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Let me get this straight, we're not allowed to discuss Reds games in this folder, but the folder that CAN discuss it is blocked from the majority of this board? So are the moderators trying to kill these forums?IIRC, all SunDeck members are blocked from the game thread. The Mods aren't trying to kill the forums, but from what I've seen, the discussion in game threads got to the point where there needed to be restricted access.

jmac
03-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I think this should be moved to the "site feedback" section.

Well no Mod has responded yet to my asking about what is permisssible so I will not post anything else in this particular thread since as one poster said earlier, it apparently is pointless.
Not be a smart-aleck or anything but it sure seems a question could have been answered by now.

Joseph
03-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Well, we as mods, do occasionally have dates, or just in fact like not to sit online constantly.

The decision was reached a while back to split the game thread into a separate forum. Access to that forum was given strictly to ORG members.

ORG and the Sundeck are not ways to say one group of posters are better people, its a way to ensure high quality. The goal is to want to be in ORG, not to make people feel like 'the man is holding them down'.

Yes, this is a message board, its not high school and there isn't a 'cool kids' table. No one is obligated to be here or to post, just like the owners are not obligated to let anyone treat it like they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they want.

If anyone is looking to post on game threads, its in your hands. If you want to say the rules are bad, or your rights are being violated then I'm not sure why you'd want to hang out with 'people like us' anyway.

AccordinglyReds
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I am not for sure.
I can only pick up wvlk am during the day till around 7:00 at night in the summer time.
Going around the dial during the day, I have only found WLW and a Louisville station which doesnt come in good half the time.
I knwo there are others throughout Ky but these are the only ones I can pick up.

Yeah the Shelbyville FM station hardly works in Louisville. :(

Newman4
03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
The sad thing is that the reality is that there is no real alternative to Redszone. Maybe if the Reds were in a bigger town or mor successful as of lately, there would be more than one message board. But, alas, there's not. Redszone is the only movie playing at the one screen drive-in. Joseph, obviously it doesn't make a lot of sense to the people here why they can't talk about Reds games on a Reds message board. Personally, as soon as I met the criteria to get onto the ORG board the first time (which was more objective than the "voted in" stuff), the rules changed and here I am in the Sun Deck. It was a blessing in disguise though to be honest. The people here are more down to earth and open-minded. I don't want to be part of ORG (although I would like the have my little girl's picture back for my avatar) so as long as it's not out of hand, why not let us that were deemed "not good enough" talk a little baseball?

Degenerate39
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
If you want to discuss the game you can always go to the chat. It's easier to discuss the game in there and more fun. I'm usually a regular in there during the season.

Caveman Techie
03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I have asked time and time again for the reasoning behind keeping game threads out of the Sundeck and I've never been given an answer. All I get is the restatement of the policy no game threads in Sundeck...meh oh well their board, their rules. Still doesn't make sense to me.

DannyB
03-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Well, we as mods, do occasionally have dates, or just in fact like not to sit online constantly.

The decision was reached a while back to split the game thread into a separate forum. Access to that forum was given strictly to ORG members.

ORG and the Sundeck are not ways to say one group of posters are better people, its a way to ensure high quality. The goal is to want to be in ORG, not to make people feel like 'the man is holding them down'.

Yes, this is a message board, its not high school and there isn't a 'cool kids' table. No one is obligated to be here or to post, just like the owners are not obligated to let anyone treat it like they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they want.

If anyone is looking to post on game threads, its in your hands. If you want to say the rules are bad, or your rights are being violated then I'm not sure why you'd want to hang out with 'people like us' anyway.

Say what you want,the game threads have been a whole lot of nothing since the split.

Joseph
03-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Say what you want,the game threads have been a whole lot of nothing since the split.

In my personal opinion they weren't much before it either.

OUReds
03-01-2008, 11:54 PM
The sad thing is that the reality is that there is no real alternative to Redszone. Maybe if the Reds were in a bigger town or mor successful as of lately, there would be more than one message board. But, alas, there's not. Redszone is the only movie playing at the one screen drive-in. Joseph, obviously it doesn't make a lot of sense to the people here why they can't talk about Reds games on a Reds message board. Personally, as soon as I met the criteria to get onto the ORG board the first time (which was more objective than the "voted in" stuff), the rules changed and here I am in the Sun Deck. It was a blessing in disguise though to be honest. The people here are more down to earth and open-minded. I don't want to be part of ORG (although I would like the have my little girl's picture back for my avatar) so as long as it's not out of hand, why not let us that were deemed "not good enough" talk a little baseball?

Quoted for emphasis.

There is no viable alternative to Redszone out there, and building one up would be very difficult for a small market team such as the Reds. There are only so many intelligent, passionate fans interested in such a board.

I also have little desire to join the ORG (and I've been lurking here since the fastball.com days), but I would like to participate in a game thread once every blue moon. I understand why the system that was set up seemed attractive at the time (though I strongly disagree with it), but disallowing a sun deck game thread is simply mean spirited.

But with few alternatives out there, what can you do?

I do realize this whole thread probably belongs on the site feedback forum, so my apologies for bumping it :)

DannyB
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
In my personal opinion they weren't much before it either.

So the policy might need another tweak.
Anyway I want to apologize for stirring the crap and if this thread needs to be be moved thats fine.

jmac
03-02-2008, 12:24 AM
So the policy might need another tweak.
Anyway I want to apologize for stirring the crap and if this thread needs to be be moved thats fine.
After talking to Joseph I will say it is okay to post a "game thoughts" thread after the game to discuss what went on that we may have liked/disliked.

macro
03-02-2008, 01:14 AM
My two cents...

You've had your say about warnings. Let it rest.

I asked a Mod about it and was ignored I think

I wasn't ignoring you. I was "out" today from 4pm until about midnight, and therefore away from my computer.

Hard to believe that Red fans are not allowed to discuss Red games on a Reds message board. And it is funny how forceful the mods are in enforcing it.

"Honey, I can't got to the kids little league game tonight, I gotta stay home and make sure nobody starts talking about the Reds game on Redszone."

I actually hadn't even noticed it until it was called to my attention by others via Private Message. I get email notices whenever I receive a PM, so that's what led me to the site this afternoon in the first place. Apparently none of the other moderators were online at the time, either. So, despite your insinuation, we don't just sit here all day staring at the screen waiting to do some serious moderating.

Yet new people get voted in all the time, and some of them have been posting on the site only a few months and were completely unknown to any of us prior to that.

Well no Mod has responded yet to my asking about what is permisssible so I will not post anything else in this particular thread since as one poster said earlier, it apparently is pointless.
Not be a smart-aleck or anything but it sure seems a question could have been answered by now.

It could've, should've, and would've been answered if any of us had been aware that it had been asked. I wasn't even aware of this thread until a few minutes ago.

As for the question of "Why no game threads in the Sun Deck?", Boss addressed this last summer...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1359326&postcount=56

Perhaps his comments should be posted as an announcement in the Sun Deck for the sake of those who weren't around during the changes last summer. I have brought that up tonight among the admins and moderators and I assume it will be discussed in the next few days.

AmarilloRed
03-02-2008, 01:16 AM
The Sun Deck(or Reds Live)used to have a game thread, but a few bad members caused the Mods to remove the game threads. The policy is now that you need to be a member of ORG to participate in a game thread. There are certain thing we in the Sun Deck can do, like discuss individual plays, or certain events that occur in a game. A game thread that discusses what happens pitch-by -pitch, however, is not allowed.

I realized that what was in the Sun Deck forum was an illegal game thread, so I was the one who suggested that the Mods close the threads and inform the member who created it to not create any further game threads. I suppose the closing of the game thread is therefore my responsibility.. Make intelligent posts, and all of us will be in ORG participating in game threads all you want. Now I think this thread should really be moved to Site Feedback.

redsfanmia
03-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Game threads have always been a mess and just a forum for arguements imo. Getting bumped out of the ORG when its switched bothered me a bit but not because I lost the ability to post in the game thread. Let it go, look at the game threads and ask yourself is it really even worth posting in?

Rocket_Fuel
03-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Trust me, when you get posts like this:

The board will slowly die. People don't like other people who think they're "better then the yare. Especially telling them to beg their way onto a "better" board or to go away. Because soon people will take you up on that and then all you will have left is that "big boy" board your proud of that the "big timers" go to.

Rocket_Fuel
03-02-2008, 08:18 AM
nnnnmmmmmm

Rocket_Fuel
03-02-2008, 08:22 AM
My two cents...

You've had your say about warnings. Let it rest.

I wasn't ignoring you. I was "out" today from 4pm until about midnight, and therefore away from my computer.

I actually hadn't even noticed it until it was called to my attention by others via Private Message. I get email notices whenever I receive a PM, so that's what led me to the site this afternoon in the first place. Apparently none of the other moderators were online at the time, either. So, despite your insinuation, we don't just sit here all day staring at the screen waiting to do some serious moderating.

Yet new people get voted in all the time, and some of them have been posting on the site only a few months and were completely unknown to any of us prior to that.

It could've, should've, and would've been answered if any of us had been aware that it had been asked. I wasn't even aware of this thread until a few minutes ago.

As for the question of "Why no game threads in the Sun Deck?", Boss addressed this last summer...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1359326&postcount=56

Perhaps his comments should be posted as an announcement in the Sun Deck for the sake of those who weren't around during the changes last summer. I have brought that up tonight among the admins and moderators and I assume it will be discussed in the next few days.

I find that hard to believe about new people. I do know that splitting the boards is going to kill it slowly because it's going to cause resentment, especially when you have people coming over bragging about going to the "big boys board with the big timers". And having to get voted to a board as if it's a prestiges presidential seat. And then being happy when people leave instead of being concerned why they left. But that's neither here nor there with me, I said my piece.

redsfanmia
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Trust me, when you get posts like this:

The board will slowly die. People don't like other people who think they're "better then the yare. Especially telling them to beg their way onto a "better" board or to go away. Because soon people will take you up on that and then all you will have left is that "big boy" board your proud of that the "big timers" go to.

Im a slug like you sitting at the childrens table. It just really doesnt matter to me I basically dont post much in the sun deck because there is really nothing there to respond to. My response was basically how I feel about the board anymore, I just deal with it and roll on.

Raisor
03-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Actually, it's really easy. Don't suck and you're in.

We're pretty liberal on who gets in.

Heath
03-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Actually, it's really easy. Don't suck and you're in.

We're pretty liberal on who gets in.

Case in point.

Raisor
03-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Case in point.

I got grandfathered in. It's not Redszone without Captain Raisor

Newman4
03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
They could've kicked off the people that screwed up the game threads initially instead of punishing everyone. Just my .02

Degenerate39
03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
If discussing a game is that important then just go to the chat. Believe it or not nate and LTLabner have some deep meaningful conversations in there.

Ltlabner
03-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I know we got the damn chat room but nobody uses the damn thing.

Not exactly true. While the number of people in the room fluctuates during the game (very few at opening pitch, the most around 3rd to 6th inning and then tailing off until the last out), there are almost always people in chat. Might only be a few people, but somtimes as many as 10 to 15.

There are a few of us regulars in chat.

Ltlabner
03-02-2008, 05:36 PM
If discussing a game is that important then just go to the chat. Believe it or not nate and LTLabner have some deep meaningful conversations in there.

Me...definatley. Very deep and meaningful...very heady baseball comentary. Especially my use of the ( and * graphics ;)

Nate....he's a hippy.

Yea, chat is not everyones cup of tea, but we do have some good game discussions in there. And a lot of shenanigans.

Until GAC shows up. Then we have to behave and get all smart and stuff. He doesn't allow gum chewing on line.

DannyB
03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
The Sun Deck(or Reds Live)used to have a game thread, but a few bad members caused the Mods to remove the game threads. The policy is now that you need to be a member of ORG to participate in a game thread. There are certain thing we in the Sun Deck can do, like discuss individual plays, or certain events that occur in a game. A game thread that discusses what happens pitch-by -pitch, however, is not allowed.

I realized that what was in the Sun Deck forum was an illegal game thread, so I was the one who suggested that the Mods close the threads and inform the member who created it to not create any further game threads. I suppose the closing of the game thread is therefore my responsibility.. Make intelligent posts, and all of us will be in ORG participating in game threads all you want. Now I think this thread should really be moved to Site Feedback.

That little spot of brown on the end of your nose might help you get into ORG

OUReds
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't care about the split between ORG and Sun Deck, it serves the owner's/mod's purpose and, honestly, it works fairly well.

The only thing that bothers me is the strict no game thread in the sun deck rule. I know there is chat, but I simply do not enjoy real time chat. It's probably because I'm old. I also certainly understand and respect the opinions expressed here that the game thread is a wretched hive of scum and villany.

However, the volume of posts on the game thread (both before and after the "split") says there are simply more people that enjoy a thread over chat, and that many, MANY people consider the game thread to be worth perusing despite its flaws. And it's not just this site. In many forums (most?) the game thread is the heart and soul of the board.

Thus, not having a game thread is the very root of the (admittedly tiresome) claims of the sun deck posters being "second class citizens", as they are denied arbitrarily a very popular feature that many consider integral to building a sports forum community.

Frankly, having a game thread could be extremely advantageous the stated goal of the old red guard, to ensure quality posts. Evaluating the quality of a sun deck poster's game thread posts could go a long way towards understanding how well he would integrate into the community. I would argue that not seeing how a poster conducts himself in the most popular post category is a tremendous disadvantage in trying to maintain the quality of the main board.

AmarilloRed
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
That little spot of brown on the end of your nose might help you get into ORG

That was uncalled for. It is against the rules for Sun Deck members to create game threads, so it was reasonable that I inform the mods and close it down. Furthermore, all other Sun Deck members should refrain from creating game threads in the future, as the same thing will happen in the future. You know what the rules are, even if you happen not to like them.

Caveat Emperor
03-03-2008, 12:19 AM

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't notice anything dying at all.

If it is going to die, I wish it would hurry up and kick it so that I could find someplace else to talk baseball.

Thus, not having a game thread is the very root of the (admittedly tiresome) claims of the sun deck posters being "second class citizens", as they are denied arbitrarily a very popular feature that many consider integral to building a sports forum community.

Having two identical forums defeats the purpose of having two forums in the first place.

Basic carrot and stick kinda stuff. If you want to participate in the game thread, be cool in the Sun Deck for a bit and get posting access to the ORG.

It really isn't hard -- I mean, even I managed to get access.

OUReds
03-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Having two identical forums defeats the purpose of having two forums in the first place.

No it doesn't, the sun deck would have a specific goal regardless of having identical features. It's there so veteran posters can evaluate new posters and protect the quality of the main board.

Basic carrot and stick kinda stuff.

I do understand that, but I think the game thread policy is poorly thought out. The carrot to get ORG posting access should be to participate in higher quality discussion. To restict access to game threads (when everyone can post in chat) is aribtrary and unnescessary. IMHO of course.

Ltlabner
03-03-2008, 06:59 AM
The carrot to get ORG posting access should be to participate in higher quality discussion. To restict access to game threads (when everyone can post in chat) is aribtrary and unnescessary. IMHO of course.

Let's not kid ourselves. Game threads are not the bastion of high quality and insightfull posts. 38 pages of "whoo whoo" and "why did he drop that ball" and "home run!!!!!!!!!!" or "Dusty makes me want to rip my hair out" gives no indication whatsoever of a posters ability to contribute to the discussion.

Boss-Hog
03-03-2008, 07:18 AM
I agree, and have never understood why this folder isn't allowed to discuss a Reds game as it occurs. Seriously, who are the geniuses who came up with that idea. That doesn't stop them from rattling the old tip jar in this folder though.
Just to clarify something that I think was already clear to most, the contributions we receive via the tip jar are used to pay the site's expenses, such as the monthly hosting fee. In other words, something very much needed and appreciated that makes this site possible.

When we went to the two forums setup, the easiest thing to do would have been to restrict membership to ORG members, which in turn would have drastically lowered our expenses. However, we chose not to do that, and all users continue to have the ability to post, with the exclusions of within game threads.

camisadelgolf
03-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Just to clarify something that I think was already clear to most, the contributions we receive via the tip jar are used to pay the site's expenses, such as the monthly hosting fee. In other words, something very much needed and appreciated that makes this site possible.

When we went to the two forums setup, the easiest thing to do would have been to restrict membership to ORG members, which in turn would have drastically lowered our expenses. However, we chose not to do that, and all users continue to have the ability to post, with the exclusions of within game threads.

So what you're saying is . . . the more that is donated, the more it enables bad posters to participate in the forums? ;) :D

Here's a weird, off the wall idea that I recommend not using: What if the forums automatically counted how many characters a person used, and at the end of the year, it would calculate a 'recommended donation' to help cover the expenses? I'm really curious as to how much it costs to cover my posts as opposed to someone who makes only three posts a year.

texasdave
03-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Or maybe the site could charge a "Game Thread" Fee; for a nominal amount a person not in ORG could get to post in the game threads.

nate
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Me...definatley. Very deep and meaningful...very heady baseball comentary. Especially my use of the ( and * graphics ;)

Nate....he's a hippy.

Yea, chat is not everyones cup of tea, but we do have some good game discussions in there. And a lot of shenanigans.

Until GAC shows up. Then we have to behave and get all smart and stuff. He doesn't allow gum chewing on line.

You're the one driving the VW Bus with a peace sign on the side.!

Raisor
03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
So what you're saying is . . . the more that is donated, the more it enables bad posters to participate in the forums? ;) :D

Here's a weird, off the wall idea that I recommend not using: What if the forums automatically counted how many characters a person used, and at the end of the year, it would calculate a 'recommended donation' to help cover the expenses? I'm really curious as to how much it costs to cover my posts as opposed to someone who makes only three posts a year.

They'd make enough off of Krono that we could buy the Reds.

Bip Roberts
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
deleted

Unassisted
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Posting uses disk space and bandwidth, but loading a page to read it uses much more bandwidth than posting does. Both disk space and bandwidth cost money.

macro
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Or maybe the site could charge a "Game Thread" Fee; for a nominal amount a person not in ORG could get to post in the game threads.

My fear of that would be that some (notice I said "some", not "all") would feel that their donation would buy them the privilege of saying whatever they want to whomever they want in a game thread. A sort of "paying customer" mentality might develop.

Bip Roberts
03-03-2008, 01:48 PM
My fear of that would be that some (notice I said "some", not "all") would feel that their donation would buy them the privilege of saying whatever they want to whomever they want in a game thread. A sort of "paying customer" mentality might develop.

From what I have saw ORG isnt all that harshly moderated anyways.

Heath
03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
From what I have saw ORG isnt all that harshly moderated anyways.

It's a fine line.

DannyB
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. Game threads are not the bastion of high quality and insightfull posts. 38 pages of "whoo whoo" and "why did he drop that ball" and "home run!!!!!!!!!!" or "Dusty makes me want to rip my hair out" gives no indication whatsoever of a posters ability to contribute to the discussion.

Thats true but limiting the posters to the elite few(and the best rarely post) keeps the vast majority of redszone from posting at all

Bip Roberts
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
It's a fine line.

Im just saying I notice they get away with lots of rough language while some people get punished harshly for it. Thats just me making observations though.

Heath
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Im just saying I notice they get away with lots of rough language while some people get punished harshly for it. Thats just me making observations though.

..and that's why there's a Post Report button.

Use it. Unless we're out with our girlfriends. (but don't tell my wife!)

Bip Roberts
03-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Ive already gotten into trouble for "over using" the post report button. So I dont waste my time with drawing unwanted attention to myself.

paintmered
03-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Between my job and my girlfriend, there isn't much time left in the week to check for bad posts. So have a little patience please.

Boss doesn't pay me enough to monitor this place 24/7. :pimp:

Newman4
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM

I guess I'm easily amused or just "simple," but I never minded a little enthusiasm or emotion. Sometimes I just like to rant and see if other feel the same way. A little "group therapy" has been necessary the last few seasons. :dunno:

Here's an idea....designate some Sun Deck Moderators for the game threads and see if the folks there can keep it proper. Let the ORG people post on the threads as well if they want. Thus, if you gain ORG membership you have the advantage of posting at either place. Since most posters in the Sun Deck are just interested in talking about the game, let the little pet peeves of many on ORG (e.g. "whoo whoo" or "Dusty sucks" etc. ) slide and make the threads "anything goes" except extreme profanity or personal attacks. Just normal Reds talk like you'd hear at the bar or at the game.

SunDeck
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Between my job and my girlfriend, there isn't much time left in the week to check for bad posts. So have a little patience please.

Boss doesn't pay me enough to monitor this place 24/7. :pimp:

I suggest you get your priorities right, Paint. Let's see, you have to eat so you can't just quit your job, which leaves the girlfriend. Tell her we're sorry and that it's not her.
It's us.

paintmered
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess I'm easily amused or just "simple," but I never minded a little enthusiasm or emotion. Sometimes I just like to rant and see if other feel the same way. A little "group therapy" has been necessary the last few seasons. :dunno:

Here's an idea....designate some Sun Deck Moderators for the game threads and see if the folks there can keep it proper. Let the ORG people post on the threads as well if they want. Thus, if you gain ORG membership you have the advantage of posting at either place. Since most posters in the Sun Deck are just interested in talking about the game, let the little pet peeves of many on ORG (e.g. "whoo whoo" or "Dusty sucks" etc. ) slide and make the threads "anything goes" except extreme profanity or personal attacks. Just normal Reds talk like you'd hear at the bar or at the game.

In my experience, nobody likes heavy moderating.