View Full Version : Bought Some Cool Reds Memorabilia on EBay

TheBigLebowski
03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
3 game-used bats from the following Hall-of-Fame-bound former Reds:

Eduardo Perez
Eric Owens

Last but not least.....

Steve Parris.

I know that's not exactly a "who's who" of former Reds players but I liked them all. Plus, the bats are in good shape and I have a thing for game-used memorabilia. The wife says she's going to make a shadow box for them but I'm thinking I may just want to keep them out.

This online store has a lot of similar stuff to offer...had a game-used Jr bat (1300 bones), Alex Gonzalez (100 bones) and quite a few jerseys, mostly from marginal players (Mike Burns, Brian Shackelford, Marc Kroon, etc) but they did have Dunn and Jr jerseys for sale - both were a couple thousand bucks, well out of my price range. Also had a bunch of game-used Bengals jerseys, prices ranging from 75-300 dollars. Best player available was the newly-franchised Stacy Andrews.

Can't remember the name of the store but I'll post it if anyone is interested.

GoReds33
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
If you come up here for a game this year, check out the Majestic team shop. They have game used bats and stuff. Also, if you come up here for Redsfest, they have hundreds of game used bats, and items like that. You can get some of the bad players for very cheap.

TheBigLebowski
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
If you come up here for a game this year, check out the Majestic team shop. They have game used bats and stuff. Also, if you come up here for Redsfest, they have hundreds of game used bats, and items like that. You can get some of the bad players for very cheap.

Thanks for the heads-up. Do they have a website? I'd love that.

It may be tough for me to make a home game this year (I live in Gainesville, FL) but I always catch the Reds when they play in ATL, FLA or Tampa Bay (the Reds have yet to play in TB but that would be incredible for me).

redhawkfish
03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
During the 1990 season, my then fiance(now wife) got an official major league ball, and decided to get some autographs during batting practice. She ended up with the late Tim Layana, Scott Scudder, and then Expos Drew Hall and Steve Frey. We still laugh at that ball, but I still have it in a protective case. :D

BEETTLEBUG
03-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I know Drew Hall's uncle personally.

TheBigLebowski
03-22-2008, 03:39 PM
When did Tim Layana die?

goreds2
03-22-2008, 03:50 PM
When did Tim Layana die?

Didn't the Reds bullpen have his number on their sleeve after Tim was denied a post season roster spot in 1990? (I think Randy Myers for sure had it on his sleeve)

Here are details of his untimely death:

On June 26, 1999, Tim Layana was killed when the vehicle he was traveling in (with friends Greg Hoel, Bruce Taylor, and brother Mike Layana) was broadsided by a speeding vehicle while making a turn. Layana, who had spent that day playing in a charity golf tournament to raise money for juvenile diabetes, was the only person in the car who perished.

Layana has a daughter, Dakoda Lee (born November 20, 1994), who now resides in Phoenix and works as a model for local department stores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Layana

TheBigLebowski
03-22-2008, 04:18 PM
geez...how did I miss that? RIP, Tim.

GoReds33
03-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Do they have a website? I'd love that.

It may be tough for me to make a home game this year (I live in Gainesville, FL) but I always catch the Reds when they play in ATL, FLA or Tampa Bay (the Reds have yet to play in TB but that would be incredible for me).I don't believe so. Keep this in mind the next time you're up here though.

bounty37h
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I find some good stuff on Ebay, I bought a Darenll Stenson signed game used bat after he was killed a few years back, sad story, but neat item for my collection. You can most often find lower end players jerseys, bats, etc on Ebay for reasonable prices. Wish the Reds store would go online, but guess that could get time-consuming to keep up with on their end I guess.
Big L, you follow the Rays any, living in Tampa? I live by the Durham Bulls in NC, so go to many games each year here, got a Longoria game used ,LE sigend jersey last year, any thoughts on how he is goign to turn out?