PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

Matt700wlw
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks to Local 12 for the information:

Troubled Bengals player Chris Henry is in trouble again.

The wide receiver is charged with assault and criminal damaging out of Hamilton County.

According to the police report, Henry was involved in a fight on Ohio Avenue in Clifton Heights Monday.

An 18-year-old man claims Henry threw a bottle shattering his car window and punched him in the face.

Chris Henry has reportedly told police this is a case of mistaken identity.

After convictions including a gun charge, the NFL suspended Henry and placed him on a zero tolerance policy.

We have not yet heard from the Bengals or the league.

Degenerate39
04-02-2008, 09:41 PM
It was only a matter of time. This man is a nut case. Pretty soon I'll dislike all of the Bengal WR's.

WMR
04-02-2008, 09:42 PM
:lol: :laugh:

That's honestly all I can do at this point.

Reds Freak
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I'll wait and see what happens with this. I believe there were a few cases last year where he was wrongly charged or the charges were dropped or something. He says its mistaken identity, we'll see what the courts say. If it's true, he is an absolute moron and his six strikes are up...

CTA513
04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
If its true, then look for the Bengals to draft a WR early in the draft.

Chip R
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
In other news, the sun came up in the east today and income taxes are due in a couple of weeks.

KoryMac5
04-02-2008, 09:51 PM
If this is true than he deserves a life time ban from the NFL for being stupid.

HeatherC1212
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
This whole story seems a little shady to me. They just said on the news that the guy who accused Chris of this all ready has a lawyer and no one who heard the fight saw either of the guys who were fighting. I'll wait a bit and see how this turns out but something just doesn't seem right here.

Yeah, call me naive to not believe it yet. I've all ready called myself that tonight, LOL ;)

TeamSelig
04-02-2008, 11:22 PM
lol wow

BuckeyeRedleg
04-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Sometimes I wonder if just blowing this team up and starting over is not the best way to go.

George Foster
04-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Sometimes I wonder if just blowing this team up and starting over is not the best way to go.

Then it must start with Marvin....you don't see this stuff with New England or Indy. Why?...because it's not tolerated, and they respect their coach. For some reason, Marvin does not get any respect. When you keep letting thugs back of the team, you send the message that you can do almost anything and not get cut. What Johnson is doing now is another example of this.

Patrick Bateman
04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Chris Henry is the dumbest person in the entire world. How many chances does this moron need to get before he learns? It's to the point where I don't think it's possible for him to learn. He is far too stupid.

MrCinatit
04-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Then it must start with Marvin....you don't see this stuff with New England or Indy. Why?...because it's not tolerated, and they respect their coach. For some reason, Marvin does not get any respect. When you keep letting thugs back of the team, you send the message that you can do almost anything and not get cut. What Johnson is doing now is another example of this.

Agreed somewhat - but I would start much higher.
Brown is the main problem, but unfortunately, there is no one out there who can fire him. A long as Mike Brown is with the team, we will always see one for of mediocrity or another.

RedFanAlways1966
04-03-2008, 07:15 AM
This whole story seems a little shady to me. They just said on the news that the guy who accused Chris of this all ready has a lawyer and no one who heard the fight saw either of the guys who were fighting. I'll wait a bit and see how this turns out but something just doesn't seem right here.

Yeah, call me naive to not believe it yet. I've all ready called myself that tonight, LOL ;)

I am with you. Sounds very shady to me. I can accuse anyone of doing what Henry is accused of... does that mean it is true? I want more evidence/witnesses.... not the claim of an 18-year-old.

Redhook
04-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Innocent until proven guilty.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. And if it is, he's done. I hope it's not though.

Well, I guess we'll be seeing a WR taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, and another one or two taken late in the draft.

It's very realistic that the Bengals will be without Chad and Henry.

flyer85
04-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Innocent until proven guilty.
not the way the NFL see it anymore. They don't wait for the judicial process.

LoganBuck
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Chris Henry cut.

One word sums it up: Idiot

CTA513
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Chris Henry cut.

One word sums it up: Idiot

:beerme:

redsfanmia
04-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Two words.... Racial Profiling. Didnt Marvin try to call it that a few years ago?

Oxblood
04-03-2008, 03:31 PM
This guy is up for dunski of the year. Smart move in cutting this loser, it had to be done.

WMR
04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
He will be in prison someday. I have zero doubt.

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I think Henry will be dead in less than a year.

WMR
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
This makes you think the Bengals know more about this situation than has been released to this point...

KoryMac5
04-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Two words.... Racial Profiling. Didnt Marvin try to call it that a few years ago?

Marvin did talk about that when the Bengals were having trouble staying out of the police blotter. He offered a simple solution, don't put yourself in that position.

GoReds33
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
If it was two years ago, I'd say it was a great move, but now it was just odvious. It's not like they were going to stick with him through an indefenite suspension.

joshnky
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Now the Bengals have a serious need at WR. I'd expect them to take at least two in the draft and one on the first day.

WMR
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
:lol:

They just played Chad's interview..."What?!?! They released Chris Henry?!? They can't release him man!! Dude is good!"

Cris Carter lampooning Chad... "Why didn't Chris Henry have a mentor on the Bengals? You know, an older, WR to take him under his wing... Aren't they doing voluntary work-outs right now?"

WMR
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Turn on NFL Live on ESPN. They just promo'd more Chad sound bites coming up.

WMR
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Now the Bengals have a serious need at WR. I'd expect them to take at least two in the draft and one on the first day.

Wouldn't mind seeing Keenan Burton drafted at some point.

Highlifeman21
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
DeSean Jackson just might be the Bengals' selection @ #9.

joshnky
04-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Keenan Burton drafted at some point.

I would love to see them pick up Harry Douglas around the third to fourth round. Velcro hands with speed.

WVRed
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
DeSean Jackson just might be the Bengals' selection @ #9.

No way no how. Malcolm Kelly makes more sense there, and that being said, the Bengals do not need to draft wideout first round.

Henry fit the offense well because Chad and TJ were identical in size, while Henry provided a tall red zone threat. Only three receivers early fill that need(Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy), and all three will likely be gone before the Bengals pick in the second round.

IMO, stick to defense.

WVRed
04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I would love to see them pick up Harry Douglas around the third to fourth round. Velcro hands with speed.

I like Douglas, but I think he could be there by the 5th round possibly. He would replace Henry. Burton OTOH would be another Craig Yeast.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
If the Bengals don't take D in the first round, I'll have to find something else to do on Sunday's next fall.

WMR
04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Is there any way Limas Sweed makes it to the 2nd round with his injury concerns?

WVRed
04-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Is there any way Limas Sweed makes it to the 2nd round with his injury concerns?

He's been projected as a late first round pick. Even if he does make it, I doubt he lasts to the middle of the second.

joshnky
04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
If the Bengals don't take D in the first round, I'll have to find something else to do on Sunday's next fall.

I agree they need defense but WR has become a very close second. Regardless of the draft we're not going to all of the sudden have a shut down defense so we're going to have to score points. The running game is a question mark so we have to have production from Palmer and the receivers. As thin as we are imagine if Chad holds out or one of the big two gets hurt. We might not win a game all year.

There will be a top receiver at #9 but the top defensive linemen might all be gone. I have no problem with them taking a WR in the first over a second tier DT or LB such as Rivers.

SunDeck
04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking more and more that offense is something the 'gals can pick up somewhere other than the draft. You can win if you keep the other team from scoring more than you do, but you can't if you are forced to outscore them. I think they need to stick with the D in the draft, but I know the temptation will be there to look for a tall WR. Maybe they will get lucky; you know what round was TJ picked in.

I am truly bummed about Chris Henry. I think he had the athleticism to be the best receiver on the team. It's a shame his head is just in the wrong place.

KoryMac5
04-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I think Simmons may finally get his wish for a WR/KR burner, with Henry being cut.

Highlifeman21
04-05-2008, 12:10 PM
No way no how. Malcolm Kelly makes more sense there, and that being said, the Bengals do not need to draft wideout first round.

Henry fit the offense well because Chad and TJ were identical in size, while Henry provided a tall red zone threat. Only three receivers early fill that need(Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy), and all three will likely be gone before the Bengals pick in the second round.

IMO, stick to defense.

I agree completely, but what we want the Bengals to do, and what the Bengals will do could very well be polar opposites. The Bengals have weaknesses to address on defense, however that doesn't mean they'll actually address those weaknesses.

With the Bengals releasing Henry, they'll have to pick up another WR somewhere, somehow. The first day of the draft might not be the smartest place for the Bengals to do so, but for that very reason, they may just draft a WR on day 1.

cincrazy
04-05-2008, 02:04 PM
not the way the NFL see it anymore. They don't wait for the judicial process.

Even if this incident turns out to not be true, Henry should've been gone a long time ago. As Michael Wilbon said the other day on ESPN's PTI, "Clear them all out, they're all POISON"

Redhook
04-06-2008, 09:59 AM

IMO, stick to defense.

ESPN reported this morning the Bengals are looking at Kelly. I've never seen Kelly play. He may be great, but I still believe the Bengals must draft defense in the first round.

joshnky
04-06-2008, 03:42 PM
ESPN reported this morning the Bengals are looking at Kelly. I've never seen Kelly play. He may be great, but I still believe the Bengals must draft defense in the first round.

If its between Kelly and Rivers I'd rather they go for Kelly and pick up a LB later. If its between Kelly and Ellis, Gholston, or Dorsey the decision is really easy.

I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering if we'll see more 2 TE, 2 WR sets out of the Bengals next year. Use Utecht as the pass catching TE and try to establish the power running game. Now we just need a RB to step up and stay healthy.

chicoruiz
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm praying that Sedrick Ellis is there at #9. If he's not, the Bengals are in a bad spot. Rivers isn't worth the #9 overall pick, and WR could be addressed just as well in round 2 with a guy like Early Doucet. Their best hope might be to trade down if they can find a partner. Actually the partner may have to find them; the Bengals aren't too proactive in situations like this.

joshnky
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of Bengals.com but they're suggesting that they pick what might be seen as "best player available."

What's facing them here is stacking on defense, with, say, Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey, and Troy cornerback Leodis McKelvin. Or, taking an offensive player, like Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly or Michigan State wide receiver Devin Thomas, at a position they could easily get in the second or third round.

But a Harvey (behind Robert Geathers and Antwan Odom) and McKelvin (lined up with Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall) gives the Bengals depth at tough spots to fill.

Let's face it. The Bengals have so many holes they don't need to reach if the player they covet is unavailable. Unfortunately they seem to be sitting on the first pick of the second tier in this draft which is a very bad place to be. We have to hope that a player that either they or another team covets slips to their spot or they're going to have to reach for someone.

Yachtzee
04-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm not a big fan of Bengals.com but they're suggesting that they pick what might be seen as "best player available."

Let's face it. The Bengals have so many holes they don't need to reach if the player they covet is unavailable. Unfortunately they seem to be sitting on the first pick of the second tier in this draft which is a very bad place to be. We have to hope that a player that either they or another team covets slips to their spot or they're going to have to reach for someone.

The Bengals should identify the player that will best help the team and go get him, even if that involves moving in the draft. Unfortunately, the Bengals will stand pat and pick best available at their draft position, which isn't always the player that will best help the team.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-08-2008, 11:53 AM
WR's generally don't make an impact until their third year.

This team's window is closing fast and the D needs fixed NOW.

joshnky
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
The Bengals should identify the player that will best help the team and go get him, even if that involves moving in the draft. Unfortunately, the Bengals will stand pat and pick best available at their draft position, which isn't always the player that will best help the team.

Disagree on trading up. This team has way too many holes to fill to trade away draft picks in an attempt to move up. Those picks in the second, third and fourth rounds can be used to fill gaping holes at WR, LB, and the DL. The first four rounds are usually good for some key first year contributors and thats what this team needs.

If they could swing a player and their first pick to move up that would be great. But teams usually want draft picks in trades and the Bengals really have little of value to offer if Chad Johnson is off the table.

joshnky
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
This team's window is closing fast and the D needs fixed NOW.

I keep hearing this but don't understand it. Really this teams window closed a couple years ago. Now they have an old line, two disgruntled WR, and nothing at RB. The window is definitely closed and there is no quick fix that will make this team a Super Bowl contender. On the positive side Carson has a lot of productive seasons left in him if the Bengals seek to rebuild this mess of a team.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I keep hearing this but don't understand it. Really this teams window closed a couple years ago. Now they have an old line, two disgruntled WR, and nothing at RB. The window is definitely closed and there is no quick fix that will make this team a Super Bowl contender. On the positive side Carson has a lot of productive seasons left in him if the Bengals seek to rebuild this mess of a team.

I pretty much agree but my point was that if you have hopes of making a run, a high pick on a WR is a wasted pick.

Firing Marvin and and taking the BPA works for me.

WMR
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I pretty much agree but my point was that if you have hopes of making a run, a high pick on a WR is a wasted pick.

I wonder... if the Bengals went 4-12 this season, would that seal Marvin's fate?

With Mike Brown I honestly don't know...

BuckeyeRedleg
04-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I wonder... if the Bengals went 4-12 this season, would that seal Marvin's fate?

With Mike Brown I honestly don't know...

IMO, Marvin should already have been canned. However, anything less than 9-7 this year should seal his fate

I agree with you. You never know with Brown. I'm sure he thinks Marvin is swell.

joshnky
04-08-2008, 05:30 PM

I'm starting to agree with you mostly because there isn't a great WR in this draft. Malcolm Kelly is dropping like a rock and Jackson has issues as well. There is a decent chance that one of the top three receivers will be there when the Bengals pick in the second round.

Yachtzee
04-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Disagree on trading up. This team has way too many holes to fill to trade away draft picks in an attempt to move up. Those picks in the second, third and fourth rounds can be used to fill gaping holes at WR, LB, and the DL. The first four rounds are usually good for some key first year contributors and thats what this team needs.

If they could swing a player and their first pick to move up that would be great. But teams usually want draft picks in trades and the Bengals really have little of value to offer if Chad Johnson is off the table.

It doesn't have to mean trading up. It could mean trading down if the guy they want can be had at a lower slot and pick up more picks in the meantime. The key though, is identifying the player you want and getting them, not waiting passively for whoever is around when you pick or overpaying for someone who could be had later.

My feeling though is that WR is a hole that is far easier to fill than DL, OL, and LB and should be addressed in the later rounds or through other means (trade, waiver wire, etc.). My concern is that the Bengals follow that BPA philosophy and end up wasting picks on positions where talent can be found later in the draft because they think they're getting a deal.

I'm actually fine if the Bengals have a season or two without 3 all-world WRs if it means they beef up the DL and OL. A good OL will help Carson Palmer make mediocre receivers look better. Look at what New England's OL did for Wes Welker. Stick with addressing the D and the OL and tell the WRs you aren't going to let them hold the team for ransom.

Redhook
04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
If they draft a WR in the first round I will be furious. It would be worse than the Klingler and Akili Smith picks. They'll have plenty, and I repeat, plenty of time to get some quality receivers later in the draft.

You build a football team from the inside out. Not outside to in like the Bengals think. Strengthen the trenches and everything else falls into place.

Yachtzee
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
If they draft a WR in the first round I will be furious. It would be worse than the Klingler and Akili Smith picks. They'll have plenty, and I repeat, plenty of time to get some quality receivers later in the draft.

You build a football team from the inside out. Not outside to in like the Bengals think. Strengthen the trenches and everything else falls into place.

Exactamundo!

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/c-fonzie.jpg

LoganBuck
05-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Check this out

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2008/05/henry-pacman-like-brother.asp

Screwball
05-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Check this out

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2008/05/henry-pacman-like-brother.asp

Schein: How are you doing mentally?

Henry: I’m fine, you know? Only I know that I really ain’t in the wrong for anything.

:bowrofl:

Yachtzee
05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
:bowrofl:

I deal with defendants who are multiple offenders often in my job. Henry talks like one of those guys you know you are going to be seeing in the courtroom in the near future. I've heard some on the Bengals boards complain that the Bengals should have waited for the legal process to play itself out. However, based on his attitude here ("I ain't in the wrong for anything"), he just doesn't have the right outlook for someone trying to turn his life around. The people I've dealt with who have troubled pasts and want to turn it around are able to see that turning your life around isn't about being "in the right" or "wrong." It's about not putting yourself in situations and in an environment where you're going to find yourself back in court. It usually means moving away from your friends, cutting off all contact with the guys you used to run around with, and not going to the type of places where you used to get in trouble. It sounds like Henry hasn't moved on yet, so it's for the best that the Bengals have.