PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question - Pitching Staffs

TheBigLebowski
04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
If you had the power and the opportunity, would you trade Cincy's starting rotation, as is, for Chicagos, as is?

The deal would be:

CIN:

Harang
Arroyo
Cueto
Volquez
Fogg

for

CHI:

Zambrano
Hill
Lilly
Dempster
Marquis

I have a feeling that most non-Reds fans or people with no affiliation to either team would take Chicago's but, I think I'd stick with ours.

RSNtransplant
04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I think they are close, if I were looking at Winning a World Series 2008, I would take Cubs rotation, since they have little more experience. Overall I'd take the Reds. Harang in prime, Arroyo can pitch with seemingly nothing on the ball sub 90s velocity so aging should make little difference, Volquez, Cueto, etc match any cubs potential guys.

nineworldseries
04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Absolutely not. The Cubs' rotation is one of the most overrated in baseball with the exception of Zambrano.

mlbfan30
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Absolutely not. The Cubs' rotation is one of the most overrated in baseball with the exception of Zambrano.

I actually think the opposite.

Everyone is underrated with the exception of Zambrano, however that's changing so he might not be anymore.

They also have Sean Marshall who did very good last year and should have a spot. The have Sean Gallager and he's can be very solid. Check out both of these guys minor league numbers. They also have Leiber who is basically the same as Fogg. The pitching staff is very deep and very good.

Enrico Pallazzo
04-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Absolutely not. I count Jason Marquis as two wins a year as long as he's in the division.