PDA

View Full Version : How awful is Doc Rogers on Extra Innings right now?

nineworldseries
04-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow, this is just brutal. Come back, Tracy!

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I literally heard about 20 seconds of it on the way home from the store a few minutes ago and couldnt figure out what this guy was even talking about.

JayBruceFan
04-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Even though he wouldn't have been on today, I miss Andy Furman

Anybody else with me?

aaronlac123
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
And I thought Seg was bad. This guy was unbearable. It sounded like college radio. Granted, he sounded nervous, but this is a professional radio station. We go from Marty, Thom and Jeff to this dip. He found it imperative to tell his life story, which was a snooze-fest. I had to turn it off. I sure hope we don't get him this entire season. He doesn't have a clue.

nineworldseries
04-06-2008, 08:46 AM
It was truly, truly awful. He did literally tell his life story! Some other lowlights were when he kept mentioning his kids "Kobe" and "Jazz" repeatedly, or when he kept going off on tangents about his exciting real estate side career (fascinating).

My favorite quote: "Chief Bender lives in Hamilton. I live in.... uh.... uh..... um.... Springfield Township, Cincinnati." You really get hung up and have to think about where you currently live? The thousands of "uhs" and "ums" throughout his broadcast were really excruciating in general.

I don't care who else we get, they have to be better than this.

Moonlite Graham
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
It was so bloody awful, it redefined the word awful.

It became a mission to see how much of it I could actually endure after nearly an hour of basically reading his resume, and droning on about his thoughts and beliefs of well, practically everything.....all the while seemingly intentionally ignoring the premise of the show, which was to take calls and engage conversation.

And I thought Tracy was the most self absorbed person on the WLW staff.:eek:

LexingtonRedsFan
04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Is Tracy gone?? I have been out of town for the past week and am playing catch up on everything reds....

RedsFan74
04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Tracy and Eddie Fingers from WEBN have a show on WLW in Gary Burbank's old afternoon timeslot.

BurgervilleBuck
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Doc Rogers isn't great but anything is an improvement over Jones.

LexRedsFan: Jones is now working Gary Burbank's old time slot with Eddie Fingers.

roby
04-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Even though he wouldn't have been on today, I miss Andy Furman

Anybody else with me?

You're kidding, right?

Brian
04-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Doc as pretty bad, but he's not exactly dumb, as some of you suggest. They should have had him take a few broadcasting classes first though...I'm sure he'll get better.

goreds2
04-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow, this is just brutal. Come back, Tracy!

Tracy is PRIME TIME now. He has no time for us on the weekends. I am sure "Richard" and he will be hanging out. :D

goreds2
04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
I enjoyed Doc Rogers on Extra Innings yesterday. He is no Tracy Jones but he did a good job. The way he talked, it sounded like he will be the regular guy on weekends this year.

redsfanmia
04-14-2008, 08:53 AM
After the first show I think he has really improved, in fact I enjoy listening to him.

redsfan1966
04-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I miss Andy Furman...there, I said it....

Big Hurt
04-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I kind of liked him , too. He's a little different than the usual trash talkers but thatis o.k. I like Jones, too, but the addition of the characters he added to his show (i.e. Richard) really took away from the baseball talk. Doc will improve and do fine, IMO.

gilpdawg
04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
He is doing better now. I actually called today. Barry from Dayton. (even though I'm not exactly in Dayton)

redhawk61
04-20-2008, 06:18 PM
what did you talk about I am listening?

redlegs2370
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Listened to the show the last two days on my 1hr 30 min drive back home. I think Doc is doing an excellent job of discussing the game and posing great topic questions for the listeners to voice their opinions on.

In my opinion there was some outstanding baseball talk, he gives very good insight and at the same time giving the caller an opportunity to express their thoughts on the days game or the state of Reds baseball in general.

goreds2
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
He is doing better now. I actually called today. Barry from Dayton. (even though I'm not exactly in Dayton)

I recorded most of the show and listened Sunday night. Did you talk about Frank Thomas etc?

I am liking Doc Rogers on Extra Innings.