PDA

View Full Version : New Team Shop in Left Field at GABP

nineworldseries
04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Went to my first game of the season yesterday at GABP. Besides some sunburn :cool: I had a great time. The one major change I did notice (besides the Toyota Tundra truck and some new advertisements) was the brand-new gift shop in Left Field where the "gourmet" beer and dessert places used to be. It was pretty neat and, like the one upstairs, seemed to be air conditioned, so it would make a nice respite when the park gets really hot. There was also a big wall of TV's right next to it, where apparently, they will play all of the other MLB games (via Extra Innings) happening at the moment. Pretty cool!

I didn't see any replacement for the dessert place, though. My girlfriend and I were big fans of the fried cookie dough and fried twinkies available there. I hope they moved those delicacies somewhere else!

GoReds33
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Just a suggestion, but I think it would be cool if they played replays of old Reds games on any extra televisions. I think it would be kind of intresting.

schmidty622
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I was in there for Arroyo's first start. There was this grey hooded sweatshirt that I wanted to buy. It Looked old school and sort of frayed around the edges. I looked at the price tag and it was 140 bucks. I promptly walked out of the place.

How can you charge 140 for a sweatshirt? Its ridiculous.

tigh24
04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
The officially liscensed stuff is always very expensive. I would love to have a throwback Morgan jersey type shirt but its $180!

JayBruceFan
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Did you happen to notice if they were selling any game used memorabilia in the new store?

redsfan1966
04-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I am very impressed with the additions to the GABP this season--the HHgregg highlight zone is a great add....Team Shop is verrrry nice, similar to the team shop in Jacobs/Progressive Field in Cleveland...

scounts22
04-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Did you happen to notice if they were selling any game used memorabilia in the new store?

I didn't notice any. I would imagine that stuff is still in the main shop by the hall of fame. Mostly apparel there: shirts, hats, jerseys, and jackets are what I saw.

tigh24
04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
The old gift shop in the Westin Hotel used to have tons of broken bats and helmets. Does anybody know where they sell that stuff now or if the even do other than at RedsFest?

scounts22
04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
The old gift shop in the Westin Hotel used to have tons of broken bats and helmets. Does anybody know where they sell that stuff now or if the even do other than at RedsFest?

In the team shop next to the Reds Hall of Fame.

BurgervilleBuck
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I was in there yesterday during the 4th innings. I agree it's great to have that on the field level. And extra kudos for it having more space. The one up on the top level next to the gap makes me feel claustrophobic sometimes?

tigh24
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
In the team shop next to the Reds Hall of Fame.

I know they have a couple but do they not keep them from current players in stock anymore?

smoke6
04-07-2008, 02:40 PM

I didn't see any either. Nice store though.

Brian
04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
No game used stuff in the new store. They're auctioning that stuff of on Saturday's too though at the community fund booth behind 120. Pretty expensive though from what I saw on opening day.

AccordinglyReds
04-08-2008, 03:30 PM

The Majestic Dugout Shop was awesome! I miss it. :(

redlegsmustache
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
What was $5 seats last year (worst seats in the whole ballpark are now $30 all you can eat seats.

JayBruceFan
04-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks Guys

I will have to check out the big shop if I can make it to a game this summer