PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Reds vs Yankees???

Grounds_Crew
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm putting together a trip to see the Reds play at Yankee Stadium. I have some friends that are interested, but if it comes down to it I'm going to go by myself!

I'm curious to see who else is going....if anyone.

bounty37h
04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
was offered tix from a Yanks fan, just havent been able to tell if I can make the trip date yet. But hoping to for sure!!

RedsFan74
04-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Yep, bought 2 mid-level tickets off Stubhub a while back for the Saturday game. We'll be staying with my my wife's brother in Brooklyn.

We originally tried buying tickets from the Yankees website the morning that single-game seats went on sale and it was a friggin' joke. They didn't have any 2 seats together available just 15 minutes after they went on sale.

My nephews and some buddies got a pretty good deal on some rooms at the Millennium Hotel near Ground Zero. They also bought bleacher seats really cheap on Stubhub.

Grounds_Crew
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
My concern is finding a CHEAP flight. I'm not worried about tickets.

yab1112
04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I live in New York, but I might be back in Cincinnati for the summer. If im in New York, im for sure going:)

nineworldseries
04-07-2008, 12:31 PM
My concern is finding a CHEAP flight. I'm not worried about tickets.

American Airlines runs several flights a day in between Columbus (CMH) and LaGuardia (LGA). They are currently at $309 round trip.

howyoufreelin
04-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I have never been to New York, I'm thinking off getting a few buddies from school at UC an road tripping up there. I have no idea where to stay or navigate around up there, though.

LexingtonLegend
04-07-2008, 10:47 PM
a buddy of mine and I are heading up there on thursday and catching the saturday game. think we got some mid level seats in the left field corner for about $100. been looking forward to this trip for months now!

Marge'sMullet
04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd like to go, if anyone has ever been to a game there then please post some pointers. I have no idea where to stay.

NorrisHopper30
04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I might go, how much do you think Tix will cost? A friend of mine goes to college near Yanks stadium and I'm probably going with him.

LexingtonLegend
04-07-2008, 11:59 PM
stub hub is pretty much the only option for tickets at this point, along with ebay auctions. you can get nosebleeds for pretty cheap from what i've seen. to get anywhere remotely close to the field it will cost you a couple hundred. if anybody knows of some places an out of towner wouldn't get booed out of while we're there, please post :)

nineworldseries
04-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Single tickets are still available for some games on newyork.yankees.mlb.com. I haven't been able to find 2 together on there for a while. I'm thinking about going on July 16th or 23rd.