CF Patterson
3B Freel
RF Griffey
2B Phillips
LF Dunn
SS Keppinger
1B Hatteberg
C Valentin

I like giving Eddie a couple days off to get his bat going. Freel is not the answer every day though. But I don't get Hatteberg at first tonight. Votto had two hits last night. How is the guy supposed to build any confidense if he only plays every other day. Baker needs to pick one of them and stick with them,

EddieMilner
04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Per Trent

CF Patterson
3B Freel
RF Griffey
2B Phillips
LF Dunn
SS Keppinger
1B Hatteberg
C Valentin

I like giving Eddie a couple days off to get his bat going. Freel is not the answer every day though. But I don't get Hatteberg at first tonight. Votto had two hits last night. How is the guy supposed to build any confidense if he only plays every other day. Baker needs to pick one of them and stick with them,
I like Dunn having Keppinger and Hatteberg behind him, that should let Dunn see a pitch or two to hit.

_Sir_Charles_
04-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I agree with putting some hitters behind Dunner....but Joey should be getting regular ab's. And replacing Edwin in the lineup with Hatteberg is not much of a change with the way Hatte's hitting. *sigh*

TheOnlyRedsFan
04-09-2008, 04:54 PM
damn Cavs
Reds arent playing here tonight

OSUmed2010
04-09-2008, 04:56 PM
But I don't get Hatteberg at first tonight. Votto had two hits last night. How is the guy supposed to build any confidense if he only plays every other day. Baker needs to pick one of them and stick with them,

Per the gamethread, Hatteberg has hit about .400 against Dave Bush in his career.

NeilHamburger
04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Nice, any lineup without automatic out EE is fine by me.

Cant Touch This
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Per the gamethread, Hatteberg has hit about .400 against Dave Bush in his career.

While I understand the rationale behind starting The Mad Hatte - it seemed to me that Votto hit more than one ball on the screws last night indicating a potential slumpbuster. I was looking forward to seeing some momentum after that nice day at the plate. Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.

jimbo
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
But I don't get Hatteberg at first tonight. Votto had two hits last night. How is the guy supposed to build any confidense if he only plays every other day. Baker needs to pick one of them and stick with them,

Hatteberg is batting .400 with a home run in 20 ABs against Bush.

And if Votto's confidence is getting damaged by taking off every other day, then he's got bigger problems.

Edit: My bad, I guess a few others have pointed out Hatte's numbers already.

kmad
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
The real issue with the Reds at 1B is that Krivsky needs to trade Hatteberg so that Dusty doesn't have the option to play him. Hatteberg played his role the last couple years, his new role belongs on another team. I do not think Joey Votto will respond productively to this platoon.

kmad
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't think Votto's confidence is at issue, it's more an issue of regular playing time affecting his timing. We all know he's a slow starter. It's difficult to come off the bench and produce, especially if you're a young player who's used to playing all the time.

elfmanvt07
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't think Votto's confidence is at issue, it's more an issue of regular playing time affecting his timing. We all know he's a slow starter. It's difficult to come off the bench and produce, especially if you're a young player who's used to playing all the time.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really excited about Dunner having bats behind him, and I honestly feel this might be our best offensive lineup yet. That being said, it's not perfect. Although, I disagree with 90% of this board, because I really don't think that Griff, B Phil, and Dunner as our 3-5 is a problem, but ONLY if Dunner has bats behind him. Brandon is a contact hitter with power, and has the best chance to get into scoring position with one swing of the bat of anyone on this team (IMHO).

joshua
04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Take out Valentine for Bako and this lineup is more solid than what they've been putting out there this season.
They'll need the offense to produce with Fogg on the mound.

redsfanmia
04-09-2008, 06:45 PM
The real issue with the Reds at 1B is that Krivsky needs to trade Hatteberg so that Dusty doesn't have the option to play him. Hatteberg played his role the last couple years, his new role belongs on another team. I do not think Joey Votto will respond productively to this platoon.

Jaun Castro can play first so can Kep, if WayneK does trade Hatteberg that doesnt mean that Votto will play.

haylo2403
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
TheOnlyRedsFan I dont know what cable provider you have but I do know that when the Cavs have a game they show the Reds on channel 24 for Time Warner and Channel 18 for WOW cable

goreds2
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I look to see Freel start some disruption on the basepaths tonight. (FINGERS CROSSED)

TheOnlyRedsFan
04-09-2008, 09:25 PM
well how bout that....i have WOW and had no clue that they would be on another channel
gracias, buddy.

CWRed
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Nice, any lineup without automatic out EE is fine by me.

Dumb comment. EE will be fine. There are a lot of other players on this team that are not hitting at all too. Love how the EE bashing continues. I'm sure Dunn is next for the woodshed.