PDA

View Full Version : Dunn - Freel Animosity?

Red in Atl
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I was watching the game last night, and I think it was during the top of the 8th that Freel had scored. Dunn was on the 2nd to top step and Freel came in greeting, high 5's, fist punching, etc. And it looked like he totally dissed Adam, or didn't hit his hand or something. As Freel moved down the steps, it looked like Dunn watched him in disbelief, as if to say, "Does that dude know I could crush him with my pinkies?"

I went back and played it over and over, but the way he moved down the steps and the graphics on the screen kind of obstructed whether or not Freel actually pounded Dunns fist or not.

I think I remember reading back Dunn saying something about Freel as if Freel just drives him nuts. They do seem like complete opposite personalities. Just wondered if anyone else saw that, knows of a rift or anything else that could shed light.

Or I just imagined it...

BLEEDS
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Reason #172 to get rid of Freel...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Red in Atl
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Reason #172 to get rid of Freel...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Exactly.

As many times as Wayne finds diamonds on the clearance rack, Kepp, BP, Burton, etc., he goes out and signs non-starters to these ridiculous multi-year contracts. Freel, Stanton, Castro, Cormier, who am I leaving out?

A team like Cincy can't afford to keep paying guys who are easily replaced on the good side or dropped like a three eyed toad, because the team has no place for them, and they suck.

Natty Redlocks
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Whatever. In the past, Freel was at his best when he was fighting for playing time. His fall from grace began as soon as they traded Kearns and gave him his own spot; I'd wait and see what he does now that he's lost his starting job before giving him away.

CWRed
04-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I bet Dunn didn't pat him on the butt the right way earlier in the game. That's why. Good Lord. :rolleyes:

Degenerate39
04-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I saw what you are talking about at first I thought it was kind of odd. Then I just thought he was talking to Bako who was right beside Dunn.

mlbfan30
04-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Freel has horrible baseball fundementals and seems to always be lost. His baserunning is probably the worst in baseball and he hurts the team after he gets on base. He'll bunt on a 3-1 count, dive into other fielders, make stupid fielding mistakes, and he also has a horrible arm. His only positive is that he can get on base and his speed, but then he'll get picked off , caught stealing, or thrown out by advancing an extra base. He's just a stupid player.

smoke6
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't remember seeing it, but it some cases it can be very easy to miss somebody in the heat of the moment. IMO, Freel was good for us when we didn't have many other options. This team is better and if Freel doesn't like his PT he can go bye bye.

Old NDN
04-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I've noticed similar stuff in the past. It doesn't seem like the other players go out of their way much for him in the dugout. Probably just my imagination.

redsfanmia
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Freel plays like Pete and gets his uniform dirty, he rules.;)

kaldaniels
04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I've noticed similar stuff in the past. It doesn't seem like the other players go out of their way much for him in the dugout. Probably just my imagination.

Sorry...are you referring to Dunn or Freel.

Dunner44
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Dumm's just mad because they never had an "Adam Dunn Dirty Shirt" give away. Then again, with the way the drunk chicks act in the left field bleachers, maybe they should do an "Adam Dunn Wet Tee Shirt" day...

durl
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
For all we know it could just be a personal joke between the two of them. Or, like smoke6 said, a case of just missing someone. I could be wrong.

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." - Benjamin Franklin

Old NDN
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Sorry...are you referring to Dunn or Freel.

Sorry, I was referring to Freel.

Rocket_Fuel
04-10-2008, 07:00 PM
It should be the other way around and Dunn should have dissed Freel. Freel is a freaking maniac on the field, and is extremely dangerous and unreliable.

jnwohio
04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Freel plays like Pete and gets his uniform dirty, he rules.;)

I disagree. I was no big fan of Pete even when he was playing; but to favorably compare Freel's style of play to Pete's does serious disservice to the hit king's memory.

Rose had the ultimate in baseball instincts and sense. Everything he did on the field reflected that. He hustled but in doing so took calculated risks based on his superior baseball sense. The team was seldom worse off for his risks and usually ended up in a more favorable position because of them.

As others have pointed out in this thread, too often Freel's "hustle" is just unfettered risks which ends up hurting the team.

Nasty_Boy
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty sure he was joking.

lo ryder
04-12-2008, 10:45 PM
If this is in the top 5 Reds worries this year, I'll see you all at the fall classic.
Lets hope.