PDA

View Full Version : Reds Team Pitching Rankings through 10 games

Cant Touch This
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Okay, the sample size is small, but the numbers are impressive. These are MLB rankings, not just NL:

WHIP: 1.05 (1st)
K: 77 (1st)
BB: 22 (T-3rd)
Hits: 63 (5th)
ERA: 3.43 (6th)

And these numbers don't take into account today's performance by Harang and Cordero. The rankings won't get any worse (except possibly the K category since Harang whiffed only 3.)

I love me a 1.05 team WHIP. Love.

LouisvilleCARDS
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow thats awesome. I wish we could have one or two of those close games back, and had the bats going the first game of the Brewers series. We might be 7-3 or 8-2 at this point.

ChatterRed
04-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I'd like to know how the bullpen is doing so far in relation to other teams.

Mutaman
04-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Obviously the two kids have been the most encouraging sign, but I also like the way Lincoln and Merker have looked, and the fact that Braxton doesn't seemed to have lost anything from 2007. Cordero is exactly as advertised and was $ well spent. Plus we have options- Belisle and Bailey. Now we just need to get Weathers and Bronson going. A very encouraging start.

Mutaman
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
“I caught him some last year and that’s the best I’ve seen him,” Moeller said. “Command, velocity, his fastball was kind of cutting across the strike zone. That was a different pitcher than I saw last year.”

Chad Moeller on Homer after Tuesday night's performance.

jmac
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Just watching the cubs and pirates on wgn ( rooting against cubs naturally ).
Announcers really talking of Cueto and Volquez.
They was telling who pirates would be facing vs reds and then added so cubs would miss Cueto.
Nice hearing for a change teams figuring if they would "miss" certain reds pitchers.

CWRed
04-10-2008, 08:54 PM
It's early but Arroyo could end up being the 4th or 5th best starter on this team. Please Dusty don't destroy the young guys. I don't like Dusty but he has handled the pitchers brilliantly so far in my opinion (except for bringing Cueto back the other night after letting him hit behind a run).

And Lincoln? Oh my!

JBChance
04-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Definitely the best pitching staff that the Reds have had in a WHILE.

There are still a lot of questions, but it's nice to at least have some of the answers :thumbup:

casinbean
04-11-2008, 10:22 AM
That's really great. We've been waiting to have a great starting rotation like we have now.

Cicero
04-11-2008, 11:58 AM
This is exciting stuff to be sure. I am realistic enough to realize that the youngsters will struggle at times, but the potential for this staff is great. If Homer gets it together we could have the best staff in baseball going into 2009.

SultanOfSwing
04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Very, very encouraging. If you have watched every game (as I have) you will also observe that this is no fluke. These guys are legitimately very good-great. I wouldn't expect the current numbers to keep up, but I would expect one of the better pitching staffs in the NL for the duration of the season. That is likely to continue despite possible injury because of the depth of the farm system.

This is a great time to be a Reds fan! :)